Trouble with Open Command Here for Window 2000 - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Trouble with Open Command Here for Window 2000 - Microsoft Windows ; I am having trouble setting this up for a Win2K machine. I know I have done this for another 2000 machine about 3-4 years ago. I think this feature was included in the Tweakui suite but I can't remember for ...

  1. Trouble with Open Command Here for Window 2000

    I am having trouble setting this up for a Win2K machine. I know I have
    done this for another 2000 machine about 3-4 years ago. I think this
    feature was included in the Tweakui suite but I can't remember for
    sure. I suspect that something must have changed since. I have
    downloading and installed Tweakui and that seems to be working fine.
    However, the CmdHere feature does not exist in the tweakui interface. I
    also downloaded CmdHerePowertoy.exe but that complained about my
    version not XP.

    Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Trouble with Open Command Here for Window 2000

    chanwmr wrote:
    > I am having trouble setting this up for a Win2K machine. I know I have
    > done this for another 2000 machine about 3-4 years ago. I think this
    > feature was included in the Tweakui suite but I can't remember for
    > sure. I suspect that something must have changed since. I have
    > downloading and installed Tweakui and that seems to be working fine.
    > However, the CmdHere feature does not exist in the tweakui interface. I
    > also downloaded CmdHerePowertoy.exe but that complained about my
    > version not XP.
    >
    > Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

    You'll find a working alternative here:
    http://www.commandline.co.uk/cmdhere/index.html

    HTH

    --
    Gruesse Greetings Saludos Saluti Salutations
    Matthias :-)

  3. Re: Trouble with Open Command Here for Window 2000

    Thanks so much for the response. So, where would I put cmdhere.reg?

  4. Re: Trouble with Open Command Here for Window 2000

    chanwmr wrote:
    > Thanks so much for the response. So, where would I put cmdhere.reg?

    That doesn't matter, double click it and it will be merged into your
    registry.

    HTH

    --
    Gruesse Greetings Saludos Saluti Salutations
    Matthias :-)
    ---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+

  5. Re: Trouble with Open Command Here for Window 2000

    Matthias Tacke wrote:
    > > That doesn't matter, double click it and it will be merged into

    your
    > registry.

    Got it, Thanks!

  6. Re: Trouble with Open Command Here for Window 2000

    Matthias Tacke wrote:
    > > That doesn't matter, double click it and it will be merged into

    your
    > registry.

    Got it, Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread