fao: twisted - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on fao: twisted - Microsoft Windows ; Curious - which linux distrib do you use ? I had Mandrake 9.2 on a caddy for "experimenting" but its now out of the update loop - considering Kubuntu (based on Deb) - tried it ? -- Please add "[newsgroup]" ...

  1. fao: twisted

    Curious - which linux distrib do you use ?

    I had Mandrake 9.2 on a caddy for "experimenting" but its now out of the
    update loop - considering Kubuntu (based on Deb) - tried it ?

  2. Re: fao: twisted

    Colin Wilson wrote:
    > Curious - which linux distrib do you use ?
    >
    > I had Mandrake 9.2 on a caddy for "experimenting" but its now out of the
    > update loop - considering Kubuntu (based on Deb) - tried it ?

    Considering Ubunto too. (Kubuntu? Typo or spinoff distro?) I had a
    Mandrake box once, but it had no functioning network connection and was
    a nightmare to maintain.

  3. Re: fao: twisted

    > Considering Ubunto too. (Kubuntu? Typo or spinoff distro?) I had a
    > Mandrake box once, but it had no functioning network connection and was
    > a nightmare to maintain.

    Kubuntu is the desktop version of Ubuntu from what I can tell :-}

    Just hit upon my first problem - my spare caddy only has a 1.6Gb drive in
    it, and it ran outta disk space before it installed fully...

    <-- the drawing board is thattaway

    ....and i`m heading back to it :-}