HOW TO REMOVE _RESTORE ?? - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on HOW TO REMOVE _RESTORE ?? - Microsoft Windows ; I had a hard disk removed from my old computer that was running windows ME placed in my new computer running XP. How do I go about removing the dir _restore which I assume is no longer needed. HELP!!...

  1. HOW TO REMOVE _RESTORE ??

    I had a hard disk removed from my old computer that was running windows
    ME placed in my new computer running XP. How do I go about removing the
    dir _restore which I assume is no longer needed.
    HELP!!

  2. Re: HOW TO REMOVE _RESTORE ??

    YNOT7 wrote:
    > I had a hard disk removed from my old computer that was running windows
    > ME placed in my new computer running XP. How do I go about removing the
    > dir _restore which I assume is no longer needed.
    > HELP!!

    You douse it in carbolic acid, light it on fire, and then call for a
    hazardous waste pickup. Then you buy a fresh hdd that's ten times as big
    and costs half as much as the old one did, and more importantly, is not
    irrevocably tainted by having come in contact with the execrable Windows ME.

    Alternatively, you can give it to your roommate, mail it to Dubya, Mr.
    Gates, Mr. bin Laden, or some other deserving soul as a sick and twisted
    joke -- just be sure you are not within about 100km of the fallout zone
    when the **** hits the fan. You might also try removing the taint with a
    format command, but the disk is still likely to eat your files, make
    your girlfriend not want to have sex anymore, attract sickos to the
    area, develop bad sectors, or explode with the force of a small nuclear
    weapon.

  3. Re: HOW TO REMOVE _RESTORE ??

    so I assume from all of that to just format the drive ?

    YNOT7 wrote:
    > I had a hard disk removed from my old computer that was running

    windows
    > ME placed in my new computer running XP. How do I go about removing

    the
    > dir _restore which I assume is no longer needed.
    > HELP!!

+ Reply to Thread