software on additional computer - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on software on additional computer - Microsoft Windows ; I want to add a second computer, using my Wi9ndows XP Pro and Office 2003 Pro but can't find any info on licensing it for a second computer? Can anyone direct me? Thanx Paol...

  1. software on additional computer

    I want to add a second computer, using my Wi9ndows XP Pro and Office
    2003 Pro but can't find any info on licensing it for a second computer?
    Can anyone direct me?

    Thanx
    Paol

  2. Re: software on additional computer

    paol wrote:
    > I want to add a second computer, using my Wi9ndows XP Pro and Office
    > 2003 Pro but can't find any info on licensing it for a second computer?
    > Can anyone direct me?

    I think you just buy another copy of each. :P

  3. Re: software on additional computer

    "paol" writes:
    > I want to add a second computer, using my Wi9ndows XP Pro and Office
    > 2003 Pro but can't find any info on licensing it for a second computer?
    > Can anyone direct me?

    Unless you're a microsoft select customer, there really isn't a notion
    of just buying a license, I don't believe.

    If your second computer came with a version of windows, an XP Pro
    upgrade is the cheapest route to legality.
    http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/def...spx?EDC=676324

    And with office, if that machine doesn't have a prior legit version of
    office you're looking at this:
    http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/def...spx?EDC=539383

    The folks at CDW, however, can coach ya through the very confusing
    Microsoft licensing morass though. Give em a call. Maybe MS has come
    up with something of licensing for SOHO users of which I'm not aware.

    Note that it may be cheaper to get a new machine with OEM versions of
    this software than it is to get retail boxes of these two rather
    pricey pieces. It'd be worth talking with a local custom system maker
    to see. Problem with XP Pro is that even though it'll run fine on low
    end hardware with adequate memory, the systems with low price tags
    almost universally come with XP Home, and anemic amounts memory. A
    local computer shop though, can dial one up for you to your liking.

    Best Regards,
    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/