Couple of newsgroups not working - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Couple of newsgroups not working - Microsoft Windows ; Hi people, I subscribe to a few NG's, mainly PC troubleshooting ones, and for some reason a couple of them have stopped downloading new messages... Might be in the settings? Can someone enlighten me? Thanks. -- Tony Meyer...

  1. Couple of newsgroups not working

    --
    Tony Meyer

  2. Re: Couple of newsgroups not working

    > Hi people, I subscribe to a few NG's, mainly PC troubleshooting ones, and
    > for some reason a couple of them have stopped downloading new messages...
    > Might be in the settings? Can someone enlighten me? Thanks.

    Therein lies the probable cause. Try unsubscribing and resubscribing -
    its an oft reported problem with lookOut.

  3. Re: Couple of newsgroups not working

    Colin Wilson wrote:
    >>Hi people, I subscribe to a few NG's, mainly PC troubleshooting ones, and
    >>for some reason a couple of them have stopped downloading new messages...
    >>Might be in the settings? Can someone enlighten me? Thanks.

    > Therein lies the probable cause. Try unsubscribing and resubscribing -

    ITYM "Therein lies the probable cause. Try Thunderbird."

  4. Re: Couple of newsgroups not working

    tried that, seems to make no difference. Got me buggered so far.... Any
    more suggestions?
    Cheers
    --
    Tony Meyer

    "Colin Wilson" wrote in message
    news:MPG.1ca96b047db74dd598afc2@news.individual.ne t...
    >> Hi people, I subscribe to a few NG's, mainly PC troubleshooting ones, and
    >> for some reason a couple of them have stopped downloading new messages...
    >> Might be in the settings? Can someone enlighten me? Thanks.

    > Therein lies the probable cause. Try unsubscribing and resubscribing -
    > its an oft reported problem with lookOut.
    >
    > --
    > Please add "[newsgroup]" in the subject of any personal replies via email
    > --- My new email address has "ngspamtrap" & @btinternet.com in it ;-) ---

  5. Re: Couple of newsgroups not working

    > tried that, seems to make no difference. Got me buggered so far.... Any
    > more suggestions?

    Gravity / Xnews ?