Windows 98 and WPA security - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Windows 98 and WPA security - Microsoft Windows ; I have a new second computer that I want to connect with my old computer. The old computer has Windows 98. If I go the wireless route, can I use WPA authentication with the Win98 computer? TIA, Dave...

  1. Windows 98 and WPA security

    I have a new second computer that I want to connect with my old
    computer. The old computer has Windows 98. If I go the wireless route,
    can I use WPA authentication with the Win98 computer?

    TIA,
    Dave

  2. Re: Windows 98 and WPA security

    "Nottoc" wrote:

    >I have a new second computer that I want to connect with my old
    >computer. The old computer has Windows 98. If I go the wireless route,
    >can I use WPA authentication with the Win98 computer?

    This does not depend on your Windows version but on the WLAN adapter.
    If you find an adapter that supports WPA and runs with Windows 98: yes

    --
    (tm)

+ Reply to Thread