How do I reset the trashcan? - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on How do I reset the trashcan? - Microsoft Windows ; For some reason my trash no longer appears when I open the trash can... just a blank window. It shows full, and when I go to empty the trash it gives me the confirmation and says there are 27 items ...

  1. How do I reset the trashcan?

    For some reason my trash no longer appears when I open the trash can...
    just a blank window. It shows full, and when I go to empty the trash
    it gives me the confirmation and says there are 27 items in there. I
    click ok, and the dialog closes but the trash still shows full and it
    says the same this if I try to empty it again. Where are the trash
    files actually stores in windows, and is there was to just reset the
    trash? is there some preference file I need to delete? Thanks to
    anyone who can help me here.

  2. Re: How do I reset the trashcan?

    kratomboy@yahoo.com wrote:

    >For some reason my trash no longer appears when I open the trash can...
    > just a blank window.

    Set the Bin to a size of "0" and then log on as the Administrator from
    the Safe Mode. Delete all the RECYCLER folders from your drives.
    "A Description of the Safe Boot Mode Options in Windows XP"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315222)

    --
    (tm)

+ Reply to Thread