My usb mouse freeze after internet connection - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on My usb mouse freeze after internet connection - Microsoft Windows ; Hi, I have this computer: AMD-K6-2 (3D) 450 BIOS AWARD Motherboard: Shuttle Hot-591P: 08/02/99 MVP3-586B-ITE86-2A5LEH2BC-00 (591PWIQC) Chipset VIA Tech 3038 PCI 98 Mb RAM Scheda audio Ensoniq ES1370 Modem Lucent WinModem Mouse USB Windows 98 SE My problem is that ...

  1. My usb mouse freeze after internet connection

    Hi,

    I have this computer:

    AMD-K6-2 (3D) 450
    BIOS AWARD
    Motherboard: Shuttle Hot-591P: 08/02/99 MVP3-586B-ITE86-2A5LEH2BC-00
    (591PWIQC)
    Chipset VIA Tech 3038 PCI
    98 Mb RAM
    Scheda audio Ensoniq ES1370
    Modem Lucent WinModem
    Mouse USB
    Windows 98 SE

    My problem is that the mouse works fine until I use the modem, in fact
    when I am connected to the
    internet my usb mouse freeze and I must reboot the system.

    So I've noticed there was an IRQ conflict among usb and modem then I
    have removed, change slot of my modem and then

    I've re-installed it.
    After I've installed USB Filter Patch from site's VIA at
    http://www.viaarena.com/Default.aspx?PageID=2 and I've also

    installed from Microsoft the patch for USB Devices May Not Work in
    Windows 98 Second Edition with an AMD processor and
    VIA usb at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q240075/.

    I've controlled in Contol Panel/System and seems that there isn't any
    conflict between peripherals.

    After this patchtes, installations unfortunately my problem remains.

    Can you help me, please?

    Any idea will be appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: My usb mouse freeze after internet connection

    Have you tried a new mouse ? Sometimes they go bad.

    "chicco" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have this computer:
    >
    > AMD-K6-2 (3D) 450
    > BIOS AWARD
    > Motherboard: Shuttle Hot-591P: 08/02/99 MVP3-586B-ITE86-2A5LEH2BC-00
    > (591PWIQC)
    > Chipset VIA Tech 3038 PCI
    > 98 Mb RAM
    > Scheda audio Ensoniq ES1370
    > Modem Lucent WinModem
    > Mouse USB
    > Windows 98 SE
    >
    > My problem is that the mouse works fine until I use the modem, in fact
    > when I am connected to the
    > internet my usb mouse freeze and I must reboot the system.
    >
    > So I've noticed there was an IRQ conflict among usb and modem then I
    > have removed, change slot of my modem and then
    >
    > I've re-installed it.
    > After I've installed USB Filter Patch from site's VIA at
    > http://www.viaarena.com/Default.aspx?PageID=2 and I've also
    >
    > installed from Microsoft the patch for USB Devices May Not Work in
    > Windows 98 Second Edition with an AMD processor and
    > VIA usb at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q240075/.
    >
    > I've controlled in Contol Panel/System and seems that there isn't any
    > conflict between peripherals.
    >
    > After this patchtes, installations unfortunately my problem remains.
    >
    > Can you help me, please?
    >
    > Any idea will be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

  3. Re: My usb mouse freeze after internet connection

    Jim ha scritto:
    > Have you tried a new mouse ? Sometimes they go bad.
    >
    > "chicco" wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I have this computer:
    >>
    >>AMD-K6-2 (3D) 450
    >>BIOS AWARD
    >>Motherboard: Shuttle Hot-591P: 08/02/99 MVP3-586B-ITE86-2A5LEH2BC-00
    >>(591PWIQC)
    >>Chipset VIA Tech 3038 PCI
    >>98 Mb RAM
    >>Scheda audio Ensoniq ES1370
    >>Modem Lucent WinModem
    >>Mouse USB
    >>Windows 98 SE
    >>
    >>My problem is that the mouse works fine until I use the modem, in fact
    >>when I am connected to the
    >>internet my usb mouse freeze and I must reboot the system.
    >>
    >>So I've noticed there was an IRQ conflict among usb and modem then I
    >>have removed, change slot of my modem and then
    >>
    >>I've re-installed it.
    >>After I've installed USB Filter Patch from site's VIA at
    >>http://www.viaarena.com/Default.aspx?PageID=2 and I've also
    >>
    >>installed from Microsoft the patch for USB Devices May Not Work in
    >>Windows 98 Second Edition with an AMD processor and
    >>VIA usb at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q240075/.
    >>
    >>I've controlled in Contol Panel/System and seems that there isn't any
    >>conflict between peripherals.
    >>
    >>After this patchtes, installations unfortunately my problem remains.
    >>
    >>Can you help me, please?
    >>
    >>Any idea will be appreciated.
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance.

    Yes, but unfortunately nothing to do.

  4. Re: My usb mouse freeze after internet connection

    chicco voiced his/her/it's humble opinion in alt.comp.os.windows-98se on
    Tue 15 Mar 2005 08:53:19a:

    > Jim ha scritto:
    >> Have you tried a new mouse ? Sometimes they go bad.
    >>
    >> "chicco" wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>I have this computer:
    >>>
    >>>AMD-K6-2 (3D) 450
    >>>BIOS AWARD
    >>>Motherboard: Shuttle Hot-591P: 08/02/99 MVP3-586B-ITE86-2A5LEH2BC-00
    >>>(591PWIQC)
    >>>Chipset VIA Tech 3038 PCI
    >>>98 Mb RAM
    >>>Scheda audio Ensoniq ES1370
    >>>Modem Lucent WinModem
    >>>Mouse USB
    >>>Windows 98 SE
    >>>
    >>>My problem is that the mouse works fine until I use the modem, in fact
    >>>when I am connected to the
    >>>internet my usb mouse freeze and I must reboot the system.
    >>>
    >>>So I've noticed there was an IRQ conflict among usb and modem then I
    >>>have removed, change slot of my modem and then
    >>>
    >>>I've re-installed it.
    >>>After I've installed USB Filter Patch from site's VIA at
    >>>http://www.viaarena.com/Default.aspx?PageID=2 and I've also
    >>>
    >>>installed from Microsoft the patch for USB Devices May Not Work in
    >>>Windows 98 Second Edition with an AMD processor and
    >>>VIA usb at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q240075/.
    >>>
    >>>I've controlled in Contol Panel/System and seems that there isn't any
    >>>conflict between peripherals.
    >>>
    >>>After this patchtes, installations unfortunately my problem remains.
    >>>
    >>>Can you help me, please?
    >>>
    >>>Any idea will be appreciated.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks in advance.

    > Yes, but unfortunately nothing to do.

    It's possible that your mother board does not have native USB support.
    Check the manufactures web site to find a possible BIOS upgrade.

    CAREFULLY read all the instructions relating to the BIOS flash procedure
    or you may render your MB inoperable! Print them out should you attempt
    this.

    Or ........

    You can trade your buddy for his PS2 mouse (works just as well) and carry
    on.

    I just got a wireless keyboard/mouse and love it. Hate cleaning my
    balls. :0)

    --
    Later......

    Labrat...... |:^{)

  5. Re: My usb mouse freeze after internet connection

    Labrat wrote:
    > I just got a wireless keyboard/mouse and love it. Hate cleaning my
    > balls. :0)

    Hrm? What's the one got to do with the other? Wireless means no cable to
    get snagged. It's optical mice that have no balls.