Aren't you glad this didn't happen... - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Aren't you glad this didn't happen... - Microsoft Windows ; ....yet......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

  1. Aren't you glad this didn't happen...

    ....yet...

  2. Re: Aren't you glad this didn't happen...

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Lawrence D'Oliveiro belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > ...yet...

    Don't worry. Hit's a comin'!

    --
    /\ STOP! This post has not passed Microsoft Logo testing to verify its
    / \ compatibility with Microsoft FUD. Microsoft strongly recommends

  3. Re: Aren't you glad this didn't happen...

    Linonut did eloquently scribble:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Lawrence D'Oliveiro belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    >> ...yet...

    > Don't worry. Hit's a comin'!

    Not here it's not.
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  4. Re: Aren't you glad this didn't happen...

    On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 15:10:51 +0000, spike1 wrote:

    > Linonut did eloquently scribble:
    >

    >> After takin' a swig o' grog, Lawrence D'Oliveiro belched out this bit o'
    >> wisdom:

    >>> ...yet...

    >> Don't worry. Hit's a comin'!

    > Not here it's not.

    Nor here.

    --
    www.jlaforums.com steals usenet newsgroup posts, & misleads the public
    into thinking the posts come from their own forums. THEY DON'T!

  5. Re: Aren't you glad this didn't happen...

    After takin' a swig o' grog, William Poaster belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 15:10:51 +0000, spike1 wrote:
    >
    >> Linonut did eloquently scribble:
    >>

    >>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Lawrence D'Oliveiro belched out this bit o'
    >>> wisdom:

    >>> Don't worry. Hit's a comin'!

    >> Not here it's not.

    > Nor here.

    I wouldn't be too smug if I were you.

    --
    /\ STOP! This post has not passed Microsoft Logo testing to verify its
    / \ compatibility with Microsoft FUD. Microsoft strongly recommends
    / !! \ you stop reading this post, and consult a poster with FUD
    /______\ certification. [ Continue Anyway ] [ STOP Reading ]

  6. Re: Aren't you glad this didn't happen...

    Linonut did eloquently scribble:

    >>> Not here it's not.

    >> Nor here.

    > I wouldn't be too smug if I were you.

    Why?
    Microsoft free zone here, no microsoft gestapo will have authority to enter
    my home. Ever.
    | in |good to you so far... |

  7. Re: Aren't you glad this didn't happen...

    In article , spike1@freenet.co.uk
    wrote:
    >> Don't worry. Hit's a comin'!

    > Not here it's not.

    Whenever something like this happens in the US, we see posts from Europe
    saying it won't happen there. What that usually really means is that it
    will be about a year or two before it happens there.

    Not that the UK or Europe always is just a follower when it comes to
    government intrusion. The surveillance cameras in the UK are quite a bit
    more extensive than we've got over here.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  8. Re: Aren't you glad this didn't happen...

    Tim Smith did eloquently scribble:

    > In article , spike1@freenet.co.uk
    > wrote:
    >>> Don't worry. Hit's a comin'!

    >> Not here it's not.

    > Whenever something like this happens in the US, we see posts from Europe
    > saying it won't happen there. What that usually really means is that it
    > will be about a year or two before it happens there.

    I didn't mean not here in the uk...
    I meant not here in this flat.

    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  9. Re: Aren't you glad this didn't happen...

    On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 11:52:26 -0500, Linonut wrote:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, William Poaster belched out this bit o'
    > wisdom:
    >
    >> On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 15:10:51 +0000, spike1 wrote:
    >>
    >>> Linonut did eloquently scribble:

    >>> Not here it's not.

    >> Nor here.

    > I wouldn't be too smug if I were you.

    Well for a start, I don't have any M$ crap anywhere near my machines.

    --
    www.jlaforums.com steals usenet newsgroup posts, & misleads the public
    into thinking the posts come from their own forums. THEY DON'T!
    This post was originally posted in a USENET newsgroup.
    USENET is free to anyone with a newsreader.

  10. Re: Aren't you glad this didn't happen...

    After takin' a swig o' grog, spike1@freenet.co.uk belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > Linonut did eloquently scribble:

    >>> Nor here.

    >> I wouldn't be too smug if I were you.

    > Why?
    > Microsoft free zone here, no microsoft gestapo will have authority to enter
    > my home. Ever.

    That cartoon didn't have much to do with Microsoft, as far as I can
    tell.

    You have a net connection? Then you have a way into your home for the
    cops.

    --
    /\ STOP! This post has not passed Microsoft Logo testing to verify its
    / \ compatibility with Microsoft FUD. Microsoft strongly recommends
    / !! \ you stop reading this post, and consult a poster with FUD
    /______\ certification. [ Continue Anyway ] [ STOP Reading ]

  11. Re: Aren't you glad this didn't happen...

    Linonut did eloquently scribble:
    >> Why?
    >> Microsoft free zone here, no microsoft gestapo will have authority to enter
    >> my home. Ever.

    > That cartoon didn't have much to do with Microsoft, as far as I can
    > tell.

    Apart from the microsoft armband?

    > You have a net connection? Then you have a way into your home for the
    > cops.

    They've got to find an active service on the other side of my firewall they
    can exploit first.
    | in |good to you so far... |

  12. Re: Aren't you glad this didn't happen...

    If you think you can tell me what to think,
    I think I will tell you where to go

  13. Re: Aren't you glad this didn't happen...

    Jim Richardson did eloquently scribble:
    > here, they seem to have a problem dealing with high velocity impacts....

    Or high density builder's foam.
    Or even a couple of layers of clingfilm over the lense...

    | in |good to you so far... |

  14. Re: Aren't you glad this didn't happen...

    On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 21:05:24 -0500, Linonut wrote:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, spike1@freenet.co.uk belched out this bit o'
    > wisdom:
    >
    >> Linonut did eloquently scribble:

    >>> I wouldn't be too smug if I were you.

    >> Why?
    >> Microsoft free zone here, no microsoft gestapo will have authority to
    >> enter my home. Ever.

    > That cartoon didn't have much to do with Microsoft, as far as I can tell.

    I thought the blue armband with the word "MICROSOFT" across it in white,
    was a dead giveaway...or maybe they showed a different version of the
    cartoon in the US..

    --
    www.jlaforums.com steals usenet newsgroup posts, & misleads the public
    into thinking the posts come from their own forums. THEY DON'T!
    This post was originally posted in a USENET newsgroup.
    USENET is free to anyone with a newsreader.

  15. Re: Aren't you glad this didn't happen...

    After takin' a swig o' grog, spike1@freenet.co.uk belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > Linonut did eloquently scribble:
    >>> Why?
    >>> Microsoft free zone here, no microsoft gestapo will have authority to enter
    >>> my home. Ever.

    >> That cartoon didn't have much to do with Microsoft, as far as I can
    >> tell.

    > Apart from the microsoft armband?

    I immediately thought in broader terms. Microsoft is not the only
    "enemy" of freedom out there.

    >> You have a net connection? Then you have a way into your home for the
    >> cops.

    > They've got to find an active service on the other side of my firewall they
    > can exploit first.

    All they need is the help/collusion of your ISP.

    --
    /\ STOP! This post has not passed Microsoft Logo testing to verify its
    / \ compatibility with Microsoft FUD. Microsoft strongly recommends
    / !! \ you stop reading this post, and consult a poster with FUD
    /______\ certification. [ Continue Anyway ] [ STOP Reading ]

  16. Re: Aren't you glad this didn't happen...

    After takin' a swig o' grog, William Poaster belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 21:05:24 -0500, Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> That cartoon didn't have much to do with Microsoft, as far as I can tell.

    > I thought the blue armband with the word "MICROSOFT" across it in white,
    > was a dead giveaway...or maybe they showed a different version of the
    > cartoon in the US..

    I didn't even notice the armband. I immediately assumed it was meant as
    a government-instituted measure.

    Microsoft, as much as it might like to be in control here, is only the
    conduit and implementer of the restrictions emanating from the media,
    the broadband carriers, and, finally, the government.

    --
    /\ STOP! This post has not passed Microsoft Logo testing to verify its
    / \ compatibility with Microsoft FUD. Microsoft strongly recommends
    / !! \ you stop reading this post, and consult a poster with FUD
    /______\ certification. [ Continue Anyway ] [ STOP Reading ]

  17. Re: Aren't you glad this didn't happen...

    On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 06:45:28 -0500, Linonut wrote:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, William Poaster belched out this bit o'
    > wisdom:
    >
    >> On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 21:05:24 -0500, Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> That cartoon didn't have much to do with Microsoft, as far as I can
    >>> tell.

    >> I thought the blue armband with the word "MICROSOFT" across it in white,
    >> was a dead giveaway...or maybe they showed a different version of the
    >> cartoon in the US..

    > I didn't even notice the armband. I immediately assumed it was meant as a
    > government-instituted measure.

    Ah, I see. :-)

    > Microsoft, as much as it might like to be in control here, is only the
    > conduit and implementer of the restrictions emanating from the media, the
    > broadband carriers, and, finally, the government.

    --
    www.jlaforums.com steals usenet newsgroup posts, & misleads the public
    into thinking the posts come from their own forums. THEY DON'T!
    This post was originally posted in a USENET newsgroup.
    USENET is free to anyone with a newsreader.

  18. Re: Aren't you glad this didn't happen...

    On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 06:42:50 -0500, Linonut wrote:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, spike1@freenet.co.uk belched out this bit o'
    > wisdom:
    >
    >> Linonut did eloquently scribble:

    >>> That cartoon didn't have much to do with Microsoft, as far as I can
    >>> tell.

    >> Apart from the microsoft armband?
    >>

    > I immediately thought in broader terms. Microsoft is not the only "enemy"
    > of freedom out there.
    >
    >>> You have a net connection? Then you have a way into your home for the
    >>> cops.

    >> They've got to find an active service on the other side of my firewall
    >> they can exploit first.

    > All they need is the help/collusion of your ISP.

    My ISP actively supports linux, & knows which OS I use. :-)

    --
    www.jlaforums.com steals usenet newsgroup posts, & misleads the public
    into thinking the posts come from their own forums. THEY DON'T!
    This post was originally posted in a USENET newsgroup.
    USENET is free to anyone with a newsreader.

  19. Re: Aren't you glad this didn't happen...

    Jim Richardson wrote:

    not.
    guilty.

    --
    When all else fails...
    Use a hammer.

    http://dotware.co.uk

    Some people are like Slinkies
    They serve no particular purpose
    But they bring a smile to your face
    When you push them down the stairs.

  20. Re: Aren't you glad this didn't happen...

    [snips]

    On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 21:05:24 -0500, Linonut wrote:

    > You have a net connection? Then you have a way into your home for the
    > cops.

    I assume that's not meant generically. I'd love to see the cops trying to
    break into any of my systems remotely.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast