found art - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on found art - Microsoft Windows ; Somehow this failed to be crossposted to crucially important newsgroup alt.destroy.microsoft, so I'm making up for that grievous omission, here. Cheers! xanthian. :> Newsgroups: sci.space.tech :> From: Mark Adler :> Subject: Re: Realistic space-to-space weapons for manned craft? :> Ken ...

  1. found art

    Somehow this failed to be crossposted to crucially
    important newsgroup alt.destroy.microsoft, so I'm
    making up for that grievous omission, here.

    Cheers!

    xanthian.

    :> Newsgroups: sci.space.tech
    :> From: Mark Adler
    :> Subject: Re: Realistic space-to-space weapons for manned craft?

    :> Ken Wallewein wrote:

    :>> Has there been much study about what kind of
    :>> weaponry a manned spacecraft might carry with
    :>> near-current technology?

    :> In my experience, the soft underbelly of all
    :> spacecraft is their software. Clearly then the
    :> weapon of choice would be the computer virus. (A la
    :> "Independence Day".) Along these lines, we should
    :> be developing and promoting a space-qualified
    :> version of Windows for use in other countries' space
    :> programs ...

    :> mark

  2. Re: found art

    > :> In my experience, the soft underbelly of all
    > :> spacecraft is their software. Clearly then the
    > :> weapon of choice would be the computer virus. (A la
    > :> "Independence Day".) Along these lines, we should
    > :> be developing and promoting a space-qualified
    > :> version of Windows for use in other countries' space
    > :> programs ...

    the Pak Protector solution: replace the vehicle's computer with a Pak
    Protector who says "Try to hack me and I'll kick you in the nuts."

+ Reply to Thread