The Rapture Is Here: Paul Thurrott Likes Macs - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on The Rapture Is Here: Paul Thurrott Likes Macs - Microsoft Windows ; I personally am in shock. All these years I didn't believe in miracles, and then this happens: Rabid Windows bigot, self-proclaimed 'prominent Windows-based writer' Paul Thurrott bought his wife a Macintosh, and, and, OH GAWD! He likes it! Here is ...

  1. The Rapture Is Here: Paul Thurrott Likes Macs

    I personally am in shock. All these years I didn't believe in miracles,
    and then this happens: Rabid Windows bigot, self-proclaimed 'prominent
    Windows-based writer' Paul Thurrott bought his wife a Macintosh, and,
    and, OH GAWD! He likes it!

    Here is where you can read the original story:

    My Wife Is Switching to the Mac
    December 28, 2005
    <http://www.connectedhomemag.com/Home...cfm?ArticleID=
    48887>

    Thurrott posts his further adventures in Mac at his Internet Nexus blog:

    Here is where you can read a summary, commentary by the staff at
    MacDailyNews, as well as witty comments by MDN readers (guaranteed to
    tick off Windows users, in usual 'Mac fanatic' fashion):

    To quote MacDailyNews:

    > Note that once Thurrott actually gave the Mac a chance, his most inane
    > anti-Apple, anti-Mac drivel dried up faster than a puddle in Phoenix. If a
    > "prominent Windows-based writer" such as Thurrott can be so changed, then who
    > the heck can't be swayed?
    > . . .
    > The moral of this tale: use a Mac before you slam Apple's platform, because
    > the only thing you'll be slamming afterward is the top of your old Windows
    > PC's box as you ship the thing off to some unsuspecting eBay buyer.

    And don't think Thurrott has been brain washed, paid off, or intimidated
    by Apple, a la Microsoft style. Check out this quote from Thurrott
    himself:

    > I'm a big fan of Mac OS X, albeit one who is perhaps more honest about the
    > system's shortcomings than the typical Mac fanatic.

    Well, THIS 'typical' Mac fanatic, aka ME, has never been quiet about
    Apple's shortcomings. ALL computers are too difficult to use, including
    Apple's. We remain in the Stone Age of computing. But if you champion
    positive progression in computing then you should champion Apple's Mac.

    I applaud Thurrott's determination to be honest. Now that he actually is
    gaining some Mac experience he can do away with his historical
    Mac-ignorance and authoritatively translate to the Windows using masses
    just how great the Mac has been all along.

    And let's hope his wife can get shut him up and get a word in edge-ways
    as well.

    Share and Enjoy,

    :-Derek

    [PS: I have a hat ready to eat if Enderle ever gets a clue about Macs.
    That would signal the start of the Apocalypse].

    --
    "To create a new standard it takes something that's not just a little bit
    different. It takes something that's really new and really captures people's

  2. Re: The Rapture Is Here: Paul Thurrott Likes Macs

    In article
    ,
    Derek Currie wrote:

    > I personally am in shock. All these years I didn't believe in miracles,
    > and then this happens: Rabid Windows bigot, self-proclaimed 'prominent
    > Windows-based writer' Paul Thurrott bought his wife a Macintosh, and,
    > and, OH GAWD! He likes it!
    >
    > Here is where you can read the original story:
    >
    > My Wife Is Switching to the Mac
    > December 28, 2005
    > <http://www.connectedhomemag.com/Home...cfm?ArticleID=
    > 48887>
    >
    > Thurrott posts his further adventures in Mac at his Internet Nexus blog:
    >

    > Here is where you can read a summary, commentary by the staff at
    > MacDailyNews, as well as witty comments by MDN readers (guaranteed to
    > tick off Windows users, in usual 'Mac fanatic' fashion):
    >

    > To quote MacDailyNews:
    >
    > > Note that once Thurrott actually gave the Mac a chance, his most inane
    > > anti-Apple, anti-Mac drivel dried up faster than a puddle in Phoenix. If a
    > > "prominent Windows-based writer" such as Thurrott can be so changed, then
    > > who
    > > the heck can't be swayed?
    > > . . .
    > > The moral of this tale: use a Mac before you slam Apple's platform, because
    > > the only thing you'll be slamming afterward is the top of your old Windows
    > > PC's box as you ship the thing off to some unsuspecting eBay buyer.

    > And don't think Thurrott has been brain washed, paid off, or intimidated
    > by Apple, a la Microsoft style. Check out this quote from Thurrott
    > himself:
    >
    > > I'm a big fan of Mac OS X, albeit one who is perhaps more honest about the
    > > system's shortcomings than the typical Mac fanatic.

    > Well, THIS 'typical' Mac fanatic, aka ME, has never been quiet about
    > Apple's shortcomings. ALL computers are too difficult to use, including
    > Apple's. We remain in the Stone Age of computing. But if you champion
    > positive progression in computing then you should champion Apple's Mac.
    >
    > I applaud Thurrott's determination to be honest. Now that he actually is
    > gaining some Mac experience he can do away with his historical
    > Mac-ignorance and authoritatively translate to the Windows using masses
    > just how great the Mac has been all along.
    >
    > And let's hope his wife can get shut him up and get a word in edge-ways
    > as well.
    >
    > Share and Enjoy,
    >
    > :-Derek
    >

    > [PS: I have a hat ready to eat if Enderle ever gets a clue about Macs.
    > That would signal the start of the Apocalypse].

    Your enthusiasm is premature I think. Thurrott is just a cleaned-up
    version of Tom Elam and Muha man. It won't be long before he starts
    trashing the Mini, OS X and Apple with trumped-up problems just like our
    resident trolls. Mark my words. You'll know it's begun when he reports
    that the Mini's "handle" broke for no reason.

    --
    "There are no significant bugs in our released software that any significant
    number of users want fixed." Bill Gates

    Source: Focus Magazine, nr.43, pages 206-212, (October 23, 1995)

  3. Re: The Rapture Is Here: Paul Thurrott Likes Macs

    "Derek Currie" wrote in message
    >I personally am in shock. All these years I didn't believe in miracles,
    > and then this happens: Rabid Windows bigot, self-proclaimed 'prominent
    > Windows-based writer' Paul Thurrott bought his wife a Macintosh, and,
    > and, OH GAWD! He likes it!
    >
    > Here is where you can read the original story:
    >
    > My Wife Is Switching to the Mac
    > December 28, 2005
    > <http://www.connectedhomemag.com/Home...cfm?ArticleID=
    > 48887>

    Mac are great for stay-at-home moms. Even my Imac G5 can handle searching
    recipes on line. Just don't use Safari... CRASH
    > Thurrott posts his further adventures in Mac at his Internet Nexus blog:
    >

    > Here is where you can read a summary, commentary by the staff at
    > MacDailyNews, as well as witty comments by MDN readers (guaranteed to
    > tick off Windows users, in usual 'Mac fanatic' fashion):
    >

    > To quote MacDailyNews:
    >
    >> Note that once Thurrott actually gave the Mac a chance, his most inane
    >> anti-Apple, anti-Mac drivel dried up faster than a puddle in Phoenix. If
    >> "prominent Windows-based writer" such as Thurrott can be so changed, then
    >> who
    >> the heck can't be swayed?
    >> . . .
    >> The moral of this tale: use a Mac before you slam Apple's platform,
    >> because
    >> the only thing you'll be slamming afterward is the top of your old
    >> Windows
    >> PC's box as you ship the thing off to some unsuspecting eBay buyer.

    > And don't think Thurrott has been brain washed, paid off, or intimidated
    > by Apple, a la Microsoft style. Check out this quote from Thurrott
    > himself:
    >
    >> I'm a big fan of Mac OS X, albeit one who is perhaps more honest about
    >> the
    >> system's shortcomings than the typical Mac fanatic.

    > Well, THIS 'typical' Mac fanatic, aka ME, has never been quiet about
    > Apple's shortcomings. ALL computers are too difficult to use, including
    > Apple's. We remain in the Stone Age of computing. But if you champion
    > positive progression in computing then you should champion Apple's Mac.
    >
    > I applaud Thurrott's determination to be honest. Now that he actually is
    > gaining some Mac experience he can do away with his historical
    > Mac-ignorance and authoritatively translate to the Windows using masses
    > just how great the Mac has been all along.
    >
    > And let's hope his wife can get shut him up and get a word in edge-ways
    > as well.
    >
    > Share and Enjoy,
    >
    > :-Derek
    >

    > [PS: I have a hat ready to eat if Enderle ever gets a clue about Macs.
    > That would signal the start of the Apocalypse].
    >
    > --
    > "To create a new standard it takes something that's not just a little bit
    > different. It takes something that's really new and really captures
    > people's
    > imagination. And the Macintosh, of all the machines I have ever seen, is
    > the
    > only one that meets that standard." -Bill Gates

  4. Re: The Rapture Is Here: Paul Thurrott Likes Macs

    MuahMan wrote:

    > "Derek Currie" wrote in message
    > >I personally am in shock. All these years I didn't believe in miracles,
    > > and then this happens: Rabid Windows bigot, self-proclaimed 'prominent
    > > Windows-based writer' Paul Thurrott bought his wife a Macintosh, and,
    > > and, OH GAWD! He likes it!
    > >
    > > Here is where you can read the original story:
    > >
    > > My Wife Is Switching to the Mac
    > > December 28, 2005
    > > <http://www.connectedhomemag.com/Home...cfm?ArticleID=
    > > 48887>
    > >

    > Mac are great for stay-at-home moms. Even my Imac G5 can handle searching
    > recipes on line. Just don't use Safari... CRASH

    Stop looking for recepies at warez sites. And stop pretending anything
    but your brain crashed, liar-boy. Everybody knows you didn't even have
    to force-quit Safari.
    --
    Lars T.

  5. Re: The Rapture Is Here: Paul Thurrott Likes Macs

    In article ,
    "MuahMan" wrote:

    > "Derek Currie" wrote in message
    > >I personally am in shock. All these years I didn't believe in miracles,
    > > and then this happens: Rabid Windows bigot, self-proclaimed 'prominent
    > > Windows-based writer' Paul Thurrott bought his wife a Macintosh, and,
    > > and, OH GAWD! He likes it!
    > >
    > > Here is where you can read the original story:
    > >
    > > My Wife Is Switching to the Mac
    > > December 28, 2005
    > > <http://www.connectedhomemag.com/Home...cfm?ArticleID=
    > > 48887>
    > >

    > Mac are great for stay-at-home moms. Even my Imac G5 can handle searching
    > recipes on line. Just don't use Safari... CRASH

    I've never had ANY version of Safari crash - ever! What are you doing to
    make yours crash?

    --
    George Graves

  6. Re: The Rapture Is Here: Paul Thurrott Likes Macs

    "George Graves" wrote in message
    news:gmgraves-27278B.12393029122005@newsclstr02.news.prodigy.com ...
    > In article ,
    > "MuahMan" wrote:
    >
    >> "Derek Currie" wrote in message
    >> >I personally am in shock. All these years I didn't believe in miracles,
    >> > and then this happens: Rabid Windows bigot, self-proclaimed 'prominent
    >> > Windows-based writer' Paul Thurrott bought his wife a Macintosh, and,
    >> > and, OH GAWD! He likes it!
    >> >
    >> > Here is where you can read the original story:
    >> >
    >> > My Wife Is Switching to the Mac
    >> > December 28, 2005
    >> > <http://www.connectedhomemag.com/Home...cfm?ArticleID=
    >> > 48887>
    >> >

    >> Mac are great for stay-at-home moms. Even my Imac G5 can handle
    >> searching
    >> recipes on line. Just don't use Safari... CRASH

    > I've never had ANY version of Safari crash - ever! What are you doing to
    > make yours crash?

    Launching it, going to a website. Stuff like that.

    > --
    > George Graves

  7. Re: The Rapture Is Here: Paul Thurrott Likes Macs

    In article ,
    "MuahMan" wrote:

    > "George Graves" wrote in message
    > news:gmgraves-27278B.12393029122005@newsclstr02.news.prodigy.com ...
    > > In article ,
    > > "MuahMan" wrote:
    > >
    > >> "Derek Currie" wrote in message

    > >> Mac are great for stay-at-home moms. Even my Imac G5 can handle
    > >> searching
    > >> recipes on line. Just don't use Safari... CRASH

    > > I've never had ANY version of Safari crash - ever! What are you doing to
    > > make yours crash?
    > >

    > Launching it, going to a website. Stuff like that.

    How come YOUR copy of Safari crashes and nobody else's does? I'm
    verrrrry suspicious.

    --
    George Graves

  8. Re: The Rapture Is Here: Paul Thurrott Likes Macs

    On 2005-12-29 12:39:30 -0800, George Graves said:

    > In article ,
    > "MuahMan" wrote:
    >
    >> "Derek Currie" wrote in message
    >>> I personally am in shock. All these years I didn't believe in miracles,
    >>> and then this happens: Rabid Windows bigot, self-proclaimed 'prominent
    >>> Windows-based writer' Paul Thurrott bought his wife a Macintosh, and,
    >>> and, OH GAWD! He likes it!
    >>>
    >>> Here is where you can read the original story:
    >>>
    >>> My Wife Is Switching to the Mac
    >>> December 28, 2005
    >>> <http://www.connectedhomemag.com/Home...cfm?ArticleID=
    >>> 48887>
    >>>

    >> Mac are great for stay-at-home moms. Even my Imac G5 can handle
    >> searching recipes on line. Just don't use Safari... CRASH

    > I've never had ANY version of Safari crash - ever! What are you doing
    > to make yours crash?

    I've had Safari crash on me, and then I got rid of the Windows Media
    Player and Real Audio plug-ins. No trouble since.

    -jcr

  9. Re: The Rapture Is Here: Paul Thurrott Likes Macs

    --
    "Always do the right thing: It will delight / Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanies
    some and astound the rest" - Mark Twain / Psychotronic protection, low prices

  10. Re: The Rapture Is Here: Paul Thurrott Likes Macs

    --
    "Always do the right thing: It will delight / Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanies
    some and astound the rest" - Mark Twain / Psychotronic protection, low prices

+ Reply to Thread