you're like monkeys in a cage - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on you're like monkeys in a cage - Microsoft Windows ; To the participants in comp.os.linux.advocacy: I was watching a TV documentary about monkeys and how they behave in captivity, and it occurred to me that this newsgroup (comp.os.linux.advocacy), more than the others that I sometimes read, is just like a ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

  1. you're like monkeys in a cage

    To the participants in comp.os.linux.advocacy:

    I was watching a TV documentary about monkeys and
    how they behave in captivity, and it occurred to me
    that this newsgroup (comp.os.linux.advocacy), more than
    the others that I sometimes read, is just like a monkey cage
    populated by chimpanzees. You're always trying to gain
    dominance over one another, always screaming wild
    insults, denying the obvious, beating your chests
    by pretending to know more than you do, and generally
    being mean and cruel and thriving on the chaos
    like a bunch of chimps. It's funny to watch, insofar as
    it's funny to watch chimps go berzerk, however
    it's clear after watching for only a little while that
    like chimps you simply have no standards and that your
    behavior is constantly sinking to the lowest depths.
    It's a pity, because Linux is a good operating system,
    the result of heartfelt generosity, and I'd hate to see
    it dragged down by people who are more monkey than human;
    and it's not that all of the monkeys are advocates for
    Linux of course.

    Furthermore, I note a distinct difference in degree between
    the behavior of the monkeys in comp.os.linux.advocacy and
    in many other groups, where participants are much more civil,
    but one can see the same behaviors in all groups. And
    I might add, that "reality TV" also shows us this behavior
    but because people are showing themselves, the cowards
    among them cannot become more monkeylike for fear of
    feeling guilty or ashamed.

    B. Yarmfelder

  2. Re: you're like monkeys in a cage

    Yeah,
    But, what do you do about it?

  3. Re: you're like monkeys in a cage

    yarmfelder@yahoo.com wrote:
    > To the participants in comp.os.linux.advocacy:
    >
    > I was watching a TV documentary about monkeys and
    > how they behave in captivity, and it occurred to me
    > that this newsgroup (comp.os.linux.advocacy), more than
    > the others that I sometimes read, is just like a monkey cage
    > populated by chimpanzees. You're always trying to gain
    > dominance over one another, always screaming wild
    > insults, denying the obvious, beating your chests
    > by pretending to know more than you do, and generally
    > being mean and cruel and thriving on the chaos
    > like a bunch of chimps. It's funny to watch, insofar as
    > it's funny to watch chimps go berzerk, however
    > it's clear after watching for only a little while that
    > like chimps you simply have no standards and that your
    > behavior is constantly sinking to the lowest depths.
    > It's a pity, because Linux is a good operating system,
    > the result of heartfelt generosity, and I'd hate to see
    > it dragged down by people who are more monkey than human;
    > and it's not that all of the monkeys are advocates for
    > Linux of course.
    >
    > Furthermore, I note a distinct difference in degree between
    > the behavior of the monkeys in comp.os.linux.advocacy and
    > in many other groups, where participants are much more civil,
    > but one can see the same behaviors in all groups. And
    > I might add, that "reality TV" also shows us this behavior
    > but because people are showing themselves, the cowards
    > among them cannot become more monkeylike for fear of
    > feeling guilty or ashamed.
    >
    > B. Yarmfelder

    Welcome to the Cage, Mr. Monkey. The bottom of the pecking order is over
    there, in amongst all the ****.

    --
    Cheers,

    Jim

    -begin sig-
    Opinions expressed in this message may or may not be representative of
    the opinions of its author. You decide.

    Web: http://www.dotware.co.uk
    http://www.dotware-entertainment.co.uk

    Portable: P4m 2.0, 1GB, 40GB, MX440/15" XGA@1600x1200, Wi-Fi, GPRS,
    DVD/CDRW, XPSP2/Knoppix
    Powerbook G3/400, 392MB, 20GB, Rage 128/15"@1024x768, Wi-Fi, DVD, Mac OS
    X 10.4 "Tiger" Dev. Build
    Desktop: AMD64 3200+@2.63GHz, 512MB, 80GB, FX5700LE/32" WXGA@2048x768,
    DVD+-RW, XPSP1/Debian
    FileServer: Athlon XP 2400+, 256MB, 2.72TB, Blind, MuLinux

    More but I'm not tellin' ya, there's a pool forming at your feet.
    -end sig-

  4. Re: you're like monkeys in a cage

    --
    PeKaJe

    My other computer is your XP box.

  5. Re: you're like monkeys in a cage

    Jim wrote:

    > Welcome to the Cage, Mr. Monkey.

    A negative reaction. Hmm. Were your feelings hurt or something?

  6. Re: you're like monkeys in a cage

    yarmfelder@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Jim wrote:
    >

    >>Welcome to the Cage, Mr. Monkey.

    > A negative reaction. Hmm. Were your feelings hurt or something?

    not especially. Although, I do consider your presence in my life, even
    digitally, to be unwelcome.

    --
    Cheers,

    Jim

    -begin sig-
    Opinions expressed in this message may or may not be representative of
    the opinions of its author. You decide.

    Web: http://www.dotware.co.uk
    http://www.dotware-entertainment.co.uk

    Portable: P4m 2.0, 1GB, 40GB, MX440/15" XGA@1600x1200, Wi-Fi, GPRS,
    DVD/CDRW, XPSP2/Knoppix
    Powerbook G3/400, 392MB, 20GB, Rage 128/15"@1024x768, Wi-Fi, DVD, Mac OS
    X 10.4 "Tiger" Dev. Build
    Desktop: AMD64 3200+@2.63GHz, 512MB, 80GB, FX5700LE/32" WXGA@2048x768,
    DVD+-RW, XPSP1/Debian
    FileServer: Athlon XP 2400+, 256MB, 2.72TB, Blind, MuLinux

    More but I'm not tellin' ya, there's a pool forming at your feet.
    -end sig-

  7. Re: you're like monkeys in a cage

    Jim wrote:

    > > A negative reaction. Hmm. Were your feelings hurt or something?
    > >

    > not especially. Although, I do consider your presence in my life,

    even
    > digitally, to be unwelcome.

    You're are indeed like the monkey in the cage: upon seeing the
    unwanted outsider, who threatens to make you feel guilty and
    ashamed, you get angry and tell him he's not welcome here. It's
    equivalent to jumping up and down, screeching, and showing your teeth.

  8. Re: you're like monkeys in a cage

    yarmfelder@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Jim wrote:
    >

    >>>A negative reaction. Hmm. Were your feelings hurt or something?
    >>>

    >>not especially. Although, I do consider your presence in my life,

    > even
    >
    >>digitally, to be unwelcome.

    > You're are indeed like the monkey in the cage: upon seeing the
    > unwanted outsider, who threatens to make you feel guilty and
    > ashamed, you get angry and tell him he's not welcome here. It's
    > equivalent to jumping up and down, screeching, and showing your teeth.

    I didn't say you were unwelcome here, you knock yourself out and post
    all the drivel you want to. I said you're not welcome in my digital
    life. Stop twisting words (even when you QUOTE VERBATIM! IDIOT!) to make
    them seem to mean what you want them to mean.

    --
    Cheers,

    Jim

    -begin sig-
    Opinions expressed in this message may or may not be representative of
    the opinions of its author. You decide.

    Web: http://www.dotware.co.uk
    http://www.dotware-entertainment.co.uk

    Portable: P4m 2.0, 1GB, 40GB, MX440/15" XGA@1600x1200, Wi-Fi, GPRS,
    DVD/CDRW, XPSP2/Knoppix
    Powerbook G3/400, 392MB, 20GB, Rage 128/15"@1024x768, Wi-Fi, DVD, Mac OS
    X 10.4 "Tiger" Dev. Build
    Desktop: AMD64 3200+@2.63GHz, 512MB, 80GB, FX5700LE/32" WXGA@2048x768,
    DVD+-RW, XPSP1/Debian
    FileServer: Athlon XP 2400+, 256MB, 2.72TB, Blind, MuLinux

    More but I'm not tellin' ya, there's a pool forming at your feet.
    -end sig-

  9. Re: you're like monkeys in a cage

    One must remain vigilant against the monkey tendencies
    of these participants, and point out repeatedly their monkey
    behavior. It's the only way: one must shame them into behaving
    like civilized humans. Because when the subject is ignored,
    they feel they have a license to devolve into their repressed
    primate personalities.

  10. Re: you're like monkeys in a cage

    yarmfelder@yahoo.com did eloquently scribble:
    > To the participants in comp.os.linux.advocacy:
    >
    > I was watching a TV documentary about monkeys and
    > how they behave in captivity, and it occurred to me
    > that this newsgroup (comp.os.linux.advocacy), more than
    > the others that I sometimes read, is just like a monkey cage
    > populated by chimpanzees.

    Why would anyone put chimps into a monkey's cage? That's cruel and they
    should be prosecuted under animal cruelty laws.

    Chimps eat monkeys.

    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  11. Re: you're like monkeys in a cage

    spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    > yarmfelder@yahoo.com did eloquently scribble:
    > > To the participants in comp.os.linux.advocacy:
    > >
    > > I was watching a TV documentary about monkeys and
    > > how they behave in captivity, and it occurred to me
    > > that this newsgroup (comp.os.linux.advocacy), more than
    > > the others that I sometimes read, is just like a monkey cage
    > > populated by chimpanzees.

    > Why would anyone put chimps into a monkey's cage? That's cruel and

    they
    > should be prosecuted under animal cruelty laws.
    >
    > Chimps eat monkeys.

    I never knew chimps were so kinky.

  12. Re: you're like monkeys in a cage

    On 02 May 2005 in sci.psychology.psychotherapy, "Edwin" @juno.com> made their contribution to mankind by stating in
    news:1115055308.436663.42850@o13g2000cwo.googlegro ups.com:

    > spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    >> yarmfelder@yahoo.com did eloquently scribble:
    >> > To the participants in comp.os.linux.advocacy:
    >> >
    >> > I was watching a TV documentary about monkeys and
    >> > how they behave in captivity, and it occurred to me
    >> > that this newsgroup (comp.os.linux.advocacy), more than
    >> > the others that I sometimes read, is just like a monkey cage
    >> > populated by chimpanzees.

    >> Why would anyone put chimps into a monkey's cage? That's cruel and

    > they
    >> should be prosecuted under animal cruelty laws.
    >>
    >> Chimps eat monkeys.

    > I never knew chimps were so kinky.

    a **** fight followed by true primate sex.. I think we could sell that on
    the internet...

    --
    ThePsyko
    Public Enemy #7

  13. Re: you're like monkeys in a cage

    yarmfelder@yahoo.com wrote:
    > To the participants in comp.os.linux.advocacy:
    >
    > I was watching a TV documentary about monkeys and
    > how they behave in captivity, and it occurred to me
    > that this newsgroup (comp.os.linux.advocacy), more than
    > the others that I sometimes read, is just like a monkey cage
    > populated by chimpanzees. You're always trying to gain

    You're like that guy in the beer commercial, where the monkey takes his
    beer and then the guy gets into the cage, and the monkey taunts him.

    --
    Texeme
    http://texeme.com

  14. Re: you're like monkeys in a cage

    On 2005-05-02 22:51:35 +0930, yarmfelder@yahoo.com said:

    > To the participants in comp.os.linux.advocacy:
    >
    > I was watching a TV documentary about monkeys and
    > how they behave in captivity, and it occurred to me
    > that this newsgroup (comp.os.linux.advocacy), more than
    > the others that I sometimes read.......

    Hmmm. Learned to operate a TV, read and even... developed powers of
    reasoning? Holy ****! I'm impressed enought by your CV to rule you out
    as a Windoze user anyway.
    Next you'll be learnin' to walk upright on two legs, and (hopefully)
    using your new-found abilities to carry you off somewhere else a long,
    long way from here. 'Bye!

    In a banana skin: "Welcome to comp.sys.mac.advocacy. Now **** off."

  15. Re: you're like monkeys in a cage

    Television is for monkeys.

  16. Re: you're like monkeys in a cage

    Are you spitting at me, monkey?

    Stop jumping up and down while I am talking to you!

  17. Re: you're like monkeys in a cage

    yarmfelder@yahoo.com wrote:

    >Television is for monkeys.

    *plonk*

  18. Re: you're like monkeys in a cage

    yarmfel...@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Television is for monkeys.

    The Monkeys haven't been on television for years...

  19. Re: you're like monkeys in a cage

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Edwin

    wrote
    on 3 May 2005 12:26:22 -0700
    <1115148382.330927.73330@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.c om>:

    > yarmfel...@yahoo.com wrote:
    >> Television is for monkeys.

    > The Monkeys haven't been on television for years...

    Pedant Point: Monkees.

    (Presumably they were a parody of the Fab Four: the Beatles.
    They had their moments, humorwise. I'm not sure they were
    all that hot as a singing group qua singing group.)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    It's still legal to go .sigless.

  20. Re: you're like monkeys in a cage

    they were bad enough,and safe enough for prime time tv.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast