you're like monkeys in a cage - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on you're like monkeys in a cage - Microsoft Windows ; The Ghost In The Machine poked his little head through the XP firewall and said: > Pedant Point: Monkees. > > (Presumably they were a parody of the Fab Four: the Beatles. > They had their moments, humorwise. I'm not ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 27 of 27

  1. Re: you're like monkeys in a cage

    The Ghost In The Machine poked his little head through the XP firewall and said:

    > Pedant Point: Monkees.
    >
    > (Presumably they were a parody of the Fab Four: the Beatles.
    > They had their moments, humorwise. I'm not sure they were
    > all that hot as a singing group qua singing group.)

    They had a couple o' nice tunes.

    --
    When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

  2. Re: you're like monkeys in a cage

    Linønut wrote:

    >The Ghost In The Machine poked his little head through the XP firewall and said:
    >
    >> Pedant Point: Monkees.
    >>
    >> (Presumably they were a parody of the Fab Four: the Beatles.
    >> They had their moments, humorwise. I'm not sure they were
    >> all that hot as a singing group qua singing group.)

    >They had a couple o' nice tunes.

    For sure. Everyone (of that age) should have a Monkees Greatest Hits
    CD...

  3. Re: you're like monkeys in a cage

    On 2005-05-04, Linønut wrote:
    > The Ghost In The Machine poked his little head through the XP firewall and said:
    >
    >> Pedant Point: Monkees.
    >>
    >> (Presumably they were a parody of the Fab Four: the Beatles.
    >> They had their moments, humorwise. I'm not sure they were
    >> all that hot as a singing group qua singing group.)

    > They had a couple o' nice tunes.

    Name one good Monkees tune. This should be good for a laff.

    They were pure invention, and none of them could play a note.
    Infact they were pure ****.

    --
    .. .. .'
    ' ' .' '

  4. Re: you're like monkeys in a cage

    chrisv wrote:
    > Linønut wrote:
    >

    >>The Ghost In The Machine poked his little head through the XP firewall and said:
    >>

    >>>Pedant Point: Monkees.
    >>>
    >>>(Presumably they were a parody of the Fab Four: the Beatles.
    >>>They had their moments, humorwise. I'm not sure they were
    >>>all that hot as a singing group qua singing group.)

    >>They had a couple o' nice tunes.

    > For sure. Everyone (of that age) should have a Monkees Greatest Hits
    > CD...

    got a '45 of "Daydream Believer" somewhere...

    --
    Cheers,

    Jim

    -begin sig-
    Opinions expressed in this message may or may not be representative of
    the opinions of its author. You decide.

    Web: http://www.dotware.co.uk
    http://www.dotware-entertainment.co.uk

    Portable: P4m 2.0, 1GB, 40GB, MX440/15" XGA@1600x1200, Wi-Fi, GPRS,
    DVD/CDRW, XPSP2/Knoppix
    Powerbook G3/400, 392MB, 20GB, Rage 128/15"@1024x768, Wi-Fi, DVD, Mac OS
    X 10.4 "Tiger" Dev. Build
    Desktop: AMD64 3200+@2.63GHz, 512MB, 80GB, FX5700LE/32" WXGA@2048x768,
    DVD+-RW, XPSP1/Debian
    FileServer: Athlon XP 2400+, 256MB, 2.72TB, Blind, MuLinux

    More but I'm not tellin' ya, there's a pool forming at your feet.
    -end sig-

  5. Re: you're like monkeys in a cage

    the Monkees will or are doomed to obscurity,and they might prefer it
    that way.One,Mike Nesmith,could play his instrument ok.He had a solo
    hit with First National Band-"JoAnn"& he made a few feature films.They
    were a pretty pale tv imitation of yeah The Beatles,who made 2 movies
    in addition to being the best pop group in the history of the
    world(still are the best).

  6. Re: you're like monkeys in a cage

    chrisv wrote:
    > Linønut wrote:
    >
    >>The Ghost In The Machine poked his little head through the XP firewall and said:
    >>
    >>>Pedant Point: Monkees.
    >>>
    >>>(Presumably they were a parody of the Fab Four: the Beatles.
    >>>They had their moments, humorwise. I'm not sure they were
    >>>all that hot as a singing group qua singing group.)

    >>They had a couple o' nice tunes.

    > For sure. Everyone (of that age) should have a Monkees Greatest Hits
    > CD...

    The movie /Head/ is one of the funniest 60s movies ever.

    You must see it at least once, it definitely shows the real intelligence
    of Mike Nesmith and Peter Tork.

    http://terryxart.com/Headpg1.htm

    --
    Texeme Construct
    http://texeme.com

  7. Re: you're like monkeys in a cage

    begin In <1115040095.793381.276930@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>, on
    05/02/2005
    at 06:21 AM, yarmfelder@yahoo.com said:

    >always screaming wild insults,

    New to Usenet, aren't you? That sort of mildly critical dialog is
    standard. They don't really have flames on Usenet. They think they do,
    but that's only because they've never seen the real thing. Back in the
    old days, before FIDO, when men were men and sheep were scared, there
    were some real flames.

    >like a bunch of chimps.

    Sorry, tonto, but you're doing what you accuse us (TINU) of, only in
    not nearly as erudite a fashion.

    >Furthermore, I note a distinct difference in degree between the
    >behavior of the monkeys in comp.os.linux.advocacy and in many other
    >groups, where participants are much more civil,

    ROTF,LMAO! Sorry, faygeleh, but you wouldn't know civil if it hit you
    in the face.

    I don't mind that your an ignorant, pretentious fool with delusions of
    adequacy, but a don't care for hypocrisy. Call for civility of you
    wish. Call people monkeys if you wish. When you do both, I can only
    shake my head in disgust and add you to my twit list with the other
    acephallic coprophages.

    *PLONK*

    reply to spamtrap@library.lspace.org

+ Reply to Thread