Headphones help - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Headphones help - Microsoft Windows ; All, I have a Dimension 2400 and am having difficulty getting my new headphones to work. Now, I've been working with PCs and Windows for a long time and have a solid working knowledge base. However, I'm stumped. I purchased ...

  1. Headphones help

    All,
    I have a Dimension 2400 and am having difficulty getting my new
    headphones to work. Now, I've been working with PCs and Windows for a
    long time and have a solid working knowledge base. However, I'm
    stumped. I purchased a generic Labtec headphone headset with a
    microphone mouth piece. Currently, my speakers and subwoofer have a
    green connection in the back, and speakers work great. The headphones
    have two plugs, pink (for recording) and black (for the headphone).
    When I plug them into the corresponding plugs on the sound card,
    nothing happens. If I unplug the green connection from my speakers and
    plug the black plug into its place, the headphones will work. But I
    know this isn't right. I'm sure there's something simple I'm not
    doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    robinson624

  2. Re: Headphones help

    "bennyandthejets" wrote in message
    news:1114055302.260255.68280@z14g2000cwz.googlegro ups.com...
    > All,
    > I have a Dimension 2400 and am having difficulty getting my new
    > headphones to work. Now, I've been working with PCs and Windows for a
    > long time and have a solid working knowledge base. However, I'm
    > stumped. I purchased a generic Labtec headphone headset with a
    > microphone mouth piece. Currently, my speakers and subwoofer have a
    > green connection in the back, and speakers work great. The headphones
    > have two plugs, pink (for recording) and black (for the headphone).
    > When I plug them into the corresponding plugs on the sound card,
    > nothing happens. If I unplug the green connection from my speakers and
    > plug the black plug into its place, the headphones will work. But I
    > know this isn't right. I'm sure there's something simple I'm not
    > doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    don't think this is really the right group
    but here goes:
    if the headphones work in the speaker jack...just leave it that way.
    the speaker jack just means lo-impedance...
    which evidently your headphones are.

    the "headphone" jack is more than likely for use only with
    hi-impedance headphones
    (which yours apparently are not)

+ Reply to Thread