HP Linux Revenue: $2.5 Billion... and counting. - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on HP Linux Revenue: $2.5 Billion... and counting. - Microsoft Windows ; http://www.forbes.com/markets/newswi...tr1211966.html That is HP alone, it does not count Novel, Dell, Sun, Redhat, IBM and all the other companies selling Linux. And momentum is BUILDING "Jean Bozman, research vice president for the worldwide server group at market research firm IDC, ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

  1. HP Linux Revenue: $2.5 Billion... and counting.

    http://www.forbes.com/markets/newswi...tr1211966.html

    That is HP alone, it does not count Novel, Dell, Sun, Redhat, IBM and all
    the other companies selling Linux.

    And momentum is BUILDING "Jean Bozman, research vice president for the
    worldwide server group at market research firm IDC, said in a statement
    that Linux server revenue and unit shipments have been accelerating in
    recent quarters, with 50 percent revenue growth in the third quarter of
    2003 from the year-earlier period."

    --

    A fatal exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C000BD1D in VXD VMM(01) +
    0000AD1D. The current application will be terminated.

  2. Re: HP Linux Revenue: $2.5 Billion... and counting.

    Dr alw wrote:
    > http://www.forbes.com/markets/newswi...tr1211966.html
    >
    > That is HP alone, it does not count Novel, Dell, Sun, Redhat, IBM and
    > all the other companies selling Linux.
    >
    > And momentum is BUILDING "Jean Bozman, research vice president for the
    > worldwide server group at market research firm IDC, said in a
    > statement that Linux server revenue and unit shipments have been
    > accelerating in recent quarters, with 50 percent revenue growth in
    > the third quarter of 2003 from the year-earlier period."

    Most times I'm content to sit here and watch you make a total pillock out of
    yourself, alw, but this time you have surpassed all your previous idiocy
    combined. And that is one hell of a feat. Of course, you won't know why, so
    I'll spell it out for you, you dumb**** cunt...

    If HP alone has generated $US2.5 billion dollars of revenue from Linux then,
    at best, you claim HP has built its monetary wealth from the blood, sweat
    and tears of cheap, third-world coding slaves who toil their poor arses off
    for "free" whilst working in "dem cotton fields back home."

    It's true that ameriKKKa offers unbridled opportunity to engage in "The
    American Way" of debauchery, moral wickedness, corruption, self-indulgence,
    avarice and decadence, and your ****ed up post about HP's revenues from
    "free" software merely confirms it. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Go on, ****nuts, add
    in the revenue's for Dell, IBM, and any other US based corporation and damn
    yourself and your ****ed up OS even more.

    Linux makes you stupid.

    --
    Your Free Insult: Thou lithographing, behooving, phony flesh wound befooling wet-nurse.

  3. Re: HP Linux Revenue: $2.5 Billion... and counting.

    Kadaitcha Man wrote:

    > Dr alw wrote:
    >> http://www.forbes.com/markets/newswi...tr1211966.html
    >>
    >> That is HP alone, it does not count Novel, Dell, Sun, Redhat, IBM and
    >> all the other companies selling Linux.
    >>
    >> And momentum is BUILDING "Jean Bozman, research vice president for the
    >> worldwide server group at market research firm IDC, said in a
    >> statement that Linux server revenue and unit shipments have been
    >> accelerating in recent quarters, with 50 percent revenue growth in
    >> the third quarter of 2003 from the year-earlier period."

    > Most times I'm content to sit here and watch you make a total pillock out
    > of yourself, alw, but this time you have surpassed all your previous
    > idiocy combined. And that is one hell of a feat. Of course, you won't know
    > why, so I'll spell it out for you, you dumb**** cunt...
    >
    > If HP alone has generated $US2.5 billion dollars of revenue from Linux
    > then, at best, you claim HP has built its monetary wealth from the blood,
    > sweat and tears of cheap, third-world coding slaves who toil their poor
    > arses off for "free" whilst working in "dem cotton fields back home."

    Those people in third world countries won't even have a computer to
    do any kernel hacking on. Your imagination has got away with you. The
    real coders freely choose to do so for a variety of reasons.

    > It's true that ameriKKKa offers unbridled opportunity to engage in "The
    > American Way" of debauchery, moral wickedness, corruption,
    > self-indulgence, avarice and decadence, and your ****ed up post about HP's
    > revenues from "free" software merely confirms it. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Go
    > on, ****nuts, add in the revenue's for Dell, IBM, and any other US based
    > corporation and damn yourself and your ****ed up OS even more.
    >
    > Linux makes you stupid.

    Choose Microsoft, learn Windows. Choose Linux, learn computers.

  4. Re: HP Linux Revenue: $2.5 Billion... and counting.

    Graeme wrote:

    > Those people in third world countries won't even have a computer to
    > do any kernel hacking on. Your imagination has got away with you. The
    > real coders freely choose to do so for a variety of reasons.

    > Choose Microsoft, learn Windows. Choose Linux, learn computers.

    --
    Your Free Insult: Thou quackling, bubbling, fisheyed germ swiping ape.

  5. Re: HP Linux Revenue: $2.5 Billion... and counting.

    Kadaitcha Man wrote:

    go **** yourself.

    --
    ... the information surrounding the release of a patch and the patch
    itself actually increases the risk associated with vulnerabilities.

  6. Re: HP Linux Revenue: $2.5 Billion... and counting.

    Go complain to forbes, you confounded pretentious win****.

    --
    ... the information surrounding the release of a patch and the patch
    itself actually increases the risk associated with vulnerabilities.

  7. Re: HP Linux Revenue: $2.5 Billion... and counting.

    On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 23:08:57 -0800, Kadaitcha Man wrote:

    > Dr alw wrote:

    > Most times I'm content to sit here and watch you make a total pillock
    > out of yourself, alw, but this time you have surpassed all your previous
    > idiocy combined. And that is one hell of a feat. Of course, you won't
    > know why, so I'll spell it out for you, you dumb**** cunt...

    > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Go on, ****nuts, add in the revenue's for Dell, IBM,
    > and any other US based corporation and damn yourself and your ****ed up
    > OS even more.
    >
    > Linux makes you stupid.

    Normally I just sit back and see who thinks they can piss the farthest
    with the biggest stream. As usual, the most vocal turns out to be nothing
    but a trickle. I do have one question for Kadaitcha Man though. With all
    your profanities, name-calling and this mystifying ????BWAHAHA....
    comeback, how do you expect to be taken serious when you connect to the
    internet using a toy. How can you honestly say "Linux makes you stupid"
    when you don't even have a real computer?

    Here is a line from your header:

    Can you do me a favor? I have four computers, three run Debian (3.1,
    testing version) and the other is win 98 SE. If I had my choice all four
    would be Debian but I deal with the public so I have to have keep one
    windoze box around. According to you, that makes me stupid, maybe even
    triple stoopid, can you explain why? I'd really like to know. If your
    argument is persuasive enough I might even switch everything back to
    using all Micro$haft products, then again, maybe not.

    --
    Tim

  8. Re: HP Linux Revenue: $2.5 Billion... and counting.

    Tim Burch wrote:

    > Here is a line from your header:

    Yes, so? Look at it now.

    > Can you do me a favor? I have four computers, three run Debian (3.1,
    > testing version) and the other is win 98 SE. If I had my choice all
    > four would be Debian but I deal with the public so I have to have
    > keep one windoze box around. According to you, that makes me stupid,
    > maybe even triple stoopid, can you explain why? I'd really like to
    > know. If your argument is persuasive enough I might even switch
    > everything back to using all Micro$haft products, then again, maybe not.

    Sure I can help you understand your predicament.

    The disclaimer is here: http://kadaitcha.kicks-ass.org

    Read these:

    http://kadaitcha.kicks-ass.org/proof.html
    http://kadaitcha.kicks-ass.org/linuxfux.html
    http://kadaitcha.kicks-ass.org/vision_from_hell.html
    http://kadaitcha.kicks-ass.org/grimes_rick.html

    A fine selction of choicest linux****wittery from comp.os.linux.advocacy -
    there's more when you want it.

    --
    Your Free Insult: Thou prepossessing, dribbling, ladylike turkey foreknowing spleenwort.

  9. Re: HP Linux Revenue: $2.5 Billion... and counting.

    On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 10:53:51 -0800, Kadaitcha Man wrote:

    > The disclaimer is here: http://kadaitcha.kicks-ass.org

    So you learned how to cuss. That sure takes a lot of talent.
    Yeah, I learned how to cuss, then I learned how not to cuss
    before I learned how to drive. The later will take you a lot
    farther in life than the former.

    > A fine selction of choicest linux****wittery from comp.os.linux.advocacy -
    > there's more when you want it.

    And what are you saying here. Because it comes from
    comp.os.linux.advocacy that makes it true?

    You are real good at personal flames, are you as good with your
    OS? I see you're posting to alt.os.windows-xp, is that what you're
    running. Don't mind strangers getting inside your computer and looking
    around? I kinda like having control over who I let inside my computer.
    That's okay, if they make any changes they don't have to tell you and
    chances are you'll never know anyway. What you don't know might not
    hurt you but then again once is all it takes. Got anything illegal on
    your computer? For those of you running XP, did you read the EULA? Do
    you fully understand what you agreed to when you started running that
    operating system? If you didn't read it when you started using XP, it
    might not hurt to go back and read it. Some of you might want to remove
    some of the software you have on your system.

    Got off on a rant didn't I. Getting back to the OS question. If Linux
    makes me so stupid, I shouldn't know anything about my operating system.
    It shouldn't be hard to make me look stupid asking questions about it.
    Do you have any questions or are you just here as a troll to fling personal
    insults.

    --
    Tim

  10. Re: HP Linux Revenue: $2.5 Billion... and counting.

    Tim Burch wrote:

    > Got off on a rant didn't I.

    Yeah, that was stupid of you. Linux does it.

    --
    Your Free Insult: Thou abounding, immigrating, bound up frat house stranding hag.

  11. Re: HP Linux Revenue: $2.5 Billion... and counting.

    I got your e-mail. Should I have your ISP account now for sending
    unsolicited mail, or do you want me to hold off a while?

    From: Tim Burch
    Subject: Re: HP Linux Revenue: $2.5 Billion... and counting.
    Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 18:54:38 -0600

    To: "Kadaitcha Man"

    On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 15:44:54 -0800, Kadaitcha Man wrote:

    > Tim Burch wrote:
    >
    >> Got off on a rant didn't I.

    > Yeah, that was stupid of you. Linux does it.

    Does this look familiar

    but the really smart people install a real web server, like Apache.

    This quote was taken out of context but the meaning derived is the
    exact intention.

    Apparently rants are not limited to Linux people.

    I've noticed you're offering a lot of help topics for XP. Are there
    that many problems? You are also ignoring all other questions. Does
    that mean you are just here to throw personal insults at people? If
    that's all you can do, I'm not gonna waste my time. Now is your
    chance to show everyone how stupid six years of Linux has made me.

    --
    Tim

    --
    Your Free Insult: Thou lashng, diseasing, brainless herpes sufferer placing octopus.

  12. Re: HP Linux Revenue: $2.5 Billion... and counting.

    On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 18:08:56 -0800, Kadaitcha Man wrote:

    > I got your e-mail. Should I have your ISP account now for sending
    > unsolicited mail, or do you want me to hold off a while?

    Go for it if you think you can do it but I'll have the last
    laugh. All you have is my mail host. That isn't my ISP but I'll
    be more than happy to give you his emial address if you want to
    contact him.

    For those who don't understand, I'm used to using a text only reader
    and I've been playing around with a GUI client (Pan). Out of habit I
    hit the "r" key instead of grabbing the mouse and clicking on a button.
    I must have replied directly to him instead of going through the group
    and now he thinks he can have my account. Go for it Dude if you think
    you can take it. In the meantime, how about a reply to what is below.

    --
    Tim

  13. Re: HP Linux Revenue: $2.5 Billion... and counting.

    "Tim Burch" wrote in message
    news:0bfc5a18fe84da6da40567657c863211@news.teranew s.com...
    > On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 18:08:56 -0800, Kadaitcha Man wrote:
    >
    > > I got your e-mail. Should I have your ISP account now for sending
    > > unsolicited mail, or do you want me to hold off a while?

    > Go for it if you think you can do it but I'll have the last
    > laugh. All you have is my mail host. That isn't my ISP but I'll
    > be more than happy to give you his emial address if you want to
    > contact him.

    Yada yada yada.

    [snip meaningless bleats]

    > Go for it Dude if you think you can take it.

    You protest too much.

    In the meantime, how about a reply to what is below.

    In the meantime, see if you can get a clue... **** right off and die in the
    most horrible manner imaginable.

    --
    Your Free Insult: Thou rectifying, delving, rakish baby flexing walrus.

  14. Re: HP Linux Revenue: $2.5 Billion... and counting.

    On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 19:09:03 -0800, Kadaitcha Man wrote:

    > In the meantime, see if you can get a clue... **** right off and die in the
    > most horrible manner imaginable.

    Well Dude, it's been an enlightening Day for me. I can see any further discussion
    with you would be meaningless, pointless and masochistic. The day is over in
    hillbillyville so I'm going to bed. Do me one favor though, hold you breath
    waiting for me to come back and argue again tomorrow :-)
    --
    Tim

  15. Re: HP Linux Revenue: $2.5 Billion... and counting.

    "Tim Burch" wrote in message
    news:34071c3f53d5a061bd52fd3db968f472@news.teranew s.com...
    > On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 19:09:03 -0800, Kadaitcha Man wrote:
    >
    > > In the meantime, see if you can get a clue... **** right off and die in

    the
    > > most horrible manner imaginable.

    > Well Dude, it's been an enlightening Day for me. I can see any further

    discussion
    > with you would be meaningless, pointless and masochistic. The day is over

    in
    > hillbillyville so I'm going to bed. Do me one favor though, hold you

    breath
    > waiting for me to come back and argue again tomorrow :-)

    No.

    --
    Your Free Insult: Thou returning, prewarning, gnomic pickpocket coinciding imperialist.

  16. Re: HP Linux Revenue: $2.5 Billion... and counting.

    On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 20:27:58 -0800, Kadaitcha Man wrote:

    > "Tim Burch" wrote in message
    > news:34071c3f53d5a061bd52fd3db968f472@news.teranew s.com...
    >> On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 19:09:03 -0800, Kadaitcha Man wrote:
    >>
    >> > In the meantime, see if you can get a clue... **** right off and die in

    > the
    >> > most horrible manner imaginable.

    >> Well Dude, it's been an enlightening Day for me. I can see any further

    > discussion
    >> with you would be meaningless, pointless and masochistic. The day is over

    > in
    >> hillbillyville so I'm going to bed. Do me one favor though, hold you

    > breath
    >> waiting for me to come back and argue again tomorrow :-)

    > No.

    I don't know why I didn't think about this earlier but alt.linux.sucks
    lost their local troll some time ago and these guys are bored out of
    their minds. There are people there that will give you exactly what you
    are looking for and from what I've seen, there's no end. It might be
    worth your time to drop them a line. I think "Linux makes you stupid"
    will do the trick.

    Have fun
    --
    Tim

  17. Re: HP Linux Revenue: $2.5 Billion... and counting.

    Tim Burch wrote:
    >> On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 20:27:58 -0800, Kadaitcha Man wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Tim Burch" wrote in message
    >>> news:34071c3f53d5a061bd52fd3db968f472@news.teranew s.com...

    >>> No.

    >> I don't know why I didn't think about this earlier but alt.linux.sucks
    >> lost their local troll some time ago and these guys are bored out of
    >> their minds. There are people there that will give you exactly what you
    >> are looking for and from what I've seen, there's no end. It might be
    >> worth your time to drop them a line. I think "Linux makes you stupid"
    >> will do the trick.
    >>
    >> Have fun

    What part of the word "No" did you /not/ understand, compelling
    you to feel an answer in the lamest manner possible was necessary,
    you dumb pansy-arsed cuntwipe?

    --
    Some Big Cunt

  18. Re: HP Linux Revenue: $2.5 Billion... and counting.

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 15:33:38 +0000, Keyser Soze wrote:

    > What part of the word "No" did you /not/ understand, compelling
    > you to feel an answer in the lamest manner possible was necessary,
    > you dumb pansy-arsed cuntwipe?

    I've always been amazed at the willingness and eagerness of people
    to display to the world their limited vocabulary and intelligence.
    Even more than that is the repetitive nature of this act. This isn't
    the end is it? It is for me but go ahead and get the last word
    so it will make you feel victorious.

    --
    Tim

  19. Re: HP Linux Revenue: $2.5 Billion... and counting.

    Tim Burch wrote:
    >> On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 15:33:38 +0000, Keyser Soze wrote:
    >>

    >>> What part of the word "No" did you /not/ understand, compelling
    >>> you to feel an answer in the lamest manner possible was necessary,
    >>> you dumb pansy-arsed cuntwipe?

    >> I've always been amazed at the willingness and eagerness of people
    >> to display to the world their limited vocabulary and intelligence.
    >> Even more than that is the repetitive nature of this act. This isn't
    >> the end is it? It is for me but go ahead and get the last word
    >> so it will make you feel victorious.

    His answer, if I'm not mistaken, was "No".

    "limited vocabulary and intelligence", you say?

    Is this what explains your inability to understand the meaning of the
    word "No"?

    --
    Some Big Cunt

  20. Re: HP Linux Revenue: $2.5 Billion... and counting.

    Lucky you, I got snowed out and I'm bored.

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 22:53:43 +0000, Keyser Soze wrote:

    > His answer,

    Exactly, I don't remember anyone asking for help explaining anything.
    Is it your impression I don't have what it takes to understand what
    he was saying?

    > if I'm not mistaken,

    That's the problem, you were mistaken. The "No" was his answer to
    me asking for a favor. I know it's hard but sometimes you have to
    read a few of the bigger words. At least sound out some of the five
    letter words and look up every fourth or fifth one.

    > "limited vocabulary and intelligence", you say?

    Yeah I did and you went a long way proving me right. I knew you had
    it in ya and you'll do it again today ;-)

    That's enough for starters. Lets see where this takes us
    --
    Tim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast