Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!! - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!! - Microsoft Windows ; If everyone would take a quick moment to send Wal-Mart's burgeoning music store an email to JUST SAY NO TO MICROSOFT's WMA Format! musicdownloads@walmart.com Explain to them to use an OPEN Established STANDARD like MPEG4's AAC http://www.apple.com/mpeg4/aac/ http://www.m4if.org/ http://www.telos-systems.com/?/techtalk/aac/default.htm http://www.isma.tv/home ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 304

  1. Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    If everyone would take a quick moment to send Wal-Mart's burgeoning
    music store an email to JUST SAY NO TO MICROSOFT's WMA Format!

    musicdownloads@walmart.com

    Explain to them to use an OPEN Established STANDARD like MPEG4's AAC

    http://www.apple.com/mpeg4/aac/

    http://www.m4if.org/

    http://www.telos-systems.com/?/techtalk/aac/default.htm

    http://www.isma.tv/home

    You can may make a difference!

    ::::::

  2. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    John Rosado wrote:
    > If everyone would take a quick moment to send Wal-Mart's burgeoning
    > music store an email to JUST SAY NO TO MICROSOFT's WMA Format!

    Why not send an email to Apple and ask for WMA for iPod. It is superior sounding. Why not demand the best sound quality from
    Apple?

  3. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    Entity John spoke thus:

    > Why not send an email to Apple and ask for WMA for iPod. It is superior
    > sounding.

    So are auditory hallucinations.

    --Gnarlie

  4. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    In article ,
    Gnarlodious wrote:

    > Entity John spoke thus:
    >
    > > Why not send an email to Apple and ask for WMA for iPod. It is superior
    > > sounding.

    > So are auditory hallucinations.

    Well, then, time to contact Apple and demand that iPods support auditory
    hallucinations. Why settle for less?

    --
    Tom "Tom" Harrington
    See http://www.atomicbird.com/

  5. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    In article ,
    "John" wrote:

    > Why not send an email to Apple and ask for WMA for iPod. It is
    > superior sounding. Why not demand the best sound quality from Apple?

    We already have the best sound quality from Apple. Why should Apple pay
    lots of money to MickeySoft for inferior quality?

    BTW, how are your diapers?

    --
    Never play strip tarot.

  6. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    Christ, how about just NO! to Wal-Mart in general. They suck donkey weenus.

    "John Rosado" wrote in message
    > If everyone would take a quick moment to send Wal-Mart's burgeoning
    > music store an email to JUST SAY NO TO MICROSOFT's WMA Format!
    >

    > musicdownloads@walmart.com
    >

    > Explain to them to use an OPEN Established STANDARD like MPEG4's AAC
    >

    > http://www.apple.com/mpeg4/aac/
    >
    > http://www.m4if.org/
    >
    > http://www.telos-systems.com/?/techtalk/aac/default.htm
    >
    > http://www.isma.tv/home
    >

    > You can may make a difference!
    >
    > ::::::

  7. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    Michelle Steiner wrote:
    > In article ,
    > "John" wrote:
    >
    >> Why not send an email to Apple and ask for WMA for iPod. It is
    >> superior sounding. Why not demand the best sound quality from Apple?

    > We already have the best sound quality from Apple. Why should Apple
    > pay lots of money to MickeySoft for inferior quality?
    >
    > BTW, how are your diapers?

    Bull****!! WMA SOUNDS BETTER.

  8. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    In article , John wrote:
    >John Rosado wrote:
    >> If everyone would take a quick moment to send Wal-Mart's burgeoning
    >> music store an email to JUST SAY NO TO MICROSOFT's WMA Format!

    >Why not send an email to Apple and ask for WMA for iPod. It is superior sounding. Why not demand the best sound quality from
    >Apple?

    Because the iPod is smaller than a floppy drive.

    --
    Matthew T. Russotto mrussotto@speakeasy.net
    of justice is no virtue." But extreme restriction of liberty in pursuit of

  9. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    "Matthew Russotto" wrote on 12/19/03 3:03 PM:

    > In article , John
    > wrote:
    >> John Rosado wrote:
    >>> If everyone would take a quick moment to send Wal-Mart's burgeoning
    >>> music store an email to JUST SAY NO TO MICROSOFT's WMA Format!

    >> Why not send an email to Apple and ask for WMA for iPod. It is superior
    >> sounding. Why not demand the best sound quality from
    >> Apple?

    > Because the iPod is smaller than a floppy drive.

    How does it compare to a two button mouse? Two button mice should play
    WMA's, too.

  10. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    Yes, "WMA SOUNDS BETTER." is bull****.

    --
    Never play strip tarot.

  11. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    In article ,
    Tom Harrington wrote:

    > Well, then, time to contact Apple and demand that iPods support
    > auditory hallucinations.

    They already support auditory hallucinations--said hallucinations being
    that they sound worse than WMA.

    --
    Never play strip tarot.

  12. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    Michelle Steiner wrote:

    >>> We already have the best sound quality from Apple. Why should Apple
    >>> pay lots of money to MickeySoft for inferior quality?
    >>>
    >>> BTW, how are your diapers?

    >> Bull****!! WMA SOUNDS BETTER.

    > Yes, "WMA SOUNDS BETTER." is bull****.

    Not according to a double blind study by Sound and Vision magazine. And not according to my own testing.

  13. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    In article ,
    "John" wrote:

    > John Rosado wrote:
    > > If everyone would take a quick moment to send Wal-Mart's burgeoning
    > > music store an email to JUST SAY NO TO MICROSOFT's WMA Format!

    > Why not send an email to Apple and ask for WMA for iPod. It is superior
    > sounding. Why not demand the best sound quality from
    > Apple?

    Yeah, John... Bill Gates has a better ear than Ray Dobly...

    sure, John, sure!

    Looks like you are more than a little behind on your reading...

    http://www.dolby.com/company/is.ot.0...erview.03.html

    http://www.dolby.com/company/is.ot.0009.History.html

    Oxford

    -

  14. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    John wrote:

    > Michelle Steiner wrote:

    >>> Bull****!! WMA SOUNDS BETTER.

    >> Yes, "WMA SOUNDS BETTER." is bull****.

    > Not according to a double blind study by Sound and Vision magazine. And
    > not according to my own testing.

    Frankly the quality argument is irrelevant. Digitising sound ALWAYS results
    in loss of quality. Compared to 1/2 inch analogue tape all of your pissy
    digital formats are no damn good at all. Even 33rpm vinyl is better..

    Why trade one proprietary format for another?

  15. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    Oxford wrote:
    > In article ,
    > "John" wrote:
    >
    >> John Rosado wrote:
    >>> If everyone would take a quick moment to send Wal-Mart's burgeoning
    >>> music store an email to JUST SAY NO TO MICROSOFT's WMA Format!

    >> Why not send an email to Apple and ask for WMA for iPod. It is
    >> superior sounding. Why not demand the best sound quality from
    >> Apple?

    > Yeah, John... Bill Gates has a better ear than Ray Dobly...
    >
    > sure, John, sure!
    >
    > Looks like you are more than a little behind on your reading...
    >
    > http://www.dolby.com/company/is.ot.0...erview.03.html
    >
    > http://www.dolby.com/company/is.ot.0009.History.html
    >
    > Oxford
    >
    > -

    Looks like YOU ARE WAY behind on understanding audio. Thats some Dolby BS promotional brochure.

  16. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    In article ,
    "John" wrote:

    > Michelle Steiner wrote:
    > > In article ,
    > > "John" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Why not send an email to Apple and ask for WMA for iPod. It is
    > >> superior sounding. Why not demand the best sound quality from Apple?

    > > We already have the best sound quality from Apple. Why should Apple
    > > pay lots of money to MickeySoft for inferior quality?
    > >
    > > BTW, how are your diapers?

    > Bull****!! WMA SOUNDS BETTER.

    Only to people with tin ears like you.

  17. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 13:01:10 -0700, John Rosado
    wrote:

    >If everyone would take a quick moment to send Wal-Mart's burgeoning
    >music store an email to JUST SAY NO TO MICROSOFT's WMA Format!
    >

    >musicdownloads@walmart.com
    >

    >Explain to them to use an OPEN Established STANDARD like MPEG4's AAC
    >

    >http://www.apple.com/mpeg4/aac/
    >
    >http://www.m4if.org/
    >
    >http://www.telos-systems.com/?/techtalk/aac/default.htm
    >
    >http://www.isma.tv/home
    >

    > You can may make a difference!
    >
    > ::::::

    Another bullying tactic by Linux advocates.

    You will only show your age and mentality and get in their kill file.

  18. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:14:47 -0700, Snit
    wrote:

    >"Matthew Russotto" wrote on 12/19/03 3:03 PM:
    >
    >> In article , John
    >> wrote:
    >>>

    >>> Why not send an email to Apple and ask for WMA for iPod. It is superior
    >>> sounding. Why not demand the best sound quality from
    >>> Apple?

    >> Because the iPod is smaller than a floppy drive.
    >>

    >How does it compare to a two button mouse? Two button mice should play
    >WMA's, too.

    That would be a challenge for Apple and their users.
    They are still stuck in the single button mouse technology.

  19. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    Tim Adams wrote:
    > In article ,
    > "John" wrote:
    >
    >> Michelle Steiner wrote:

    >>> We already have the best sound quality from Apple. Why should Apple
    >>> pay lots of money to MickeySoft for inferior quality?
    >>>
    >>> BTW, how are your diapers?

    >> Bull****!! WMA SOUNDS BETTER.
    >>

    > Only to people with tin ears like you.

    Point to even one study done double blind that shows MP3 or AAC superior to WMA at the same bit rate.

  20. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    In article ,
    COLA Facts wrote:

    > >How does it compare to a two button mouse? Two button mice should
    > >play WMA's, too.

    > That would be a challenge for Apple and their users. They are still
    > stuck in the single button mouse technology.

    Then how come my Intellimouse explorer (wireless) with four buttons
    plus the wheel button, with horizontal and vertical scrolling works so
    well on my iMac?

    Out of the box, Mac OS X recognizes left and right buttons plus the
    vertical scroll wheel. With the MS driver for the mouse, the OS
    recognizes all of the buttons and the horizontal scrolling.

    --
    Never play strip tarot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast