Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!! - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!! - Microsoft Windows ; In article , "John" wrote: > R. Tang wrote: > > In article , John > > wrote: > >>> > >>> Yes, "WMA SOUNDS BETTER." is bull****. > >> > >> > >> > >> Not according to a ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 304

Thread: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

  1. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    In article ,
    "John" wrote:

    > R. Tang wrote:
    > > In article , John
    > > wrote:
    > >>>
    > >>> Yes, "WMA SOUNDS BETTER." is bull****.
    > >>
    > >>
    > >>
    > >> Not according to a double blind study by Sound and Vision magazine.
    > >> And not according to my own testing.

    > >
    > > Reference please?

    >
    >
    >
    > Look it up yourself. About 1 year ago.
    >
    >


    Why don't you show us...



    --
    Alan Baker
    Vancouver, British Columbia
    "If you raise the ceiling 4 feet, move the fireplace from that wall
    to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect
    if you sit in the bottom of that cupboard."

  2. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    In article ,
    Snit wrote:

    > "George Graves" wrote on 12/21/03 3:30 PM:
    >
    > > In article ,
    > > Snit wrote:
    > >
    > >> "D.F. Manno" wrote on 12/21/03 12:54 PM:
    > >>
    > >>> In article ,
    > >>> Snit wrote:
    > >>>
    > >>>> I suppose Macs running OS 9 work just fine with 2 (or more) button mice.
    > >>>
    > >>> Mine does.
    > >>
    > >> In context I believe that was by default - if not, let me clarify: I meant
    > >> that out of the box (no 3rd party drivers) the Mac can be said to work just
    > >> fine with a two button mouse, but that only one would work.

    > >
    > > That's not true. Out of the box, with no 3rd party drivers, with both my
    > > Intellimous Explorer on my desktop Mac as well as my MacAlly IceMouse
    > > jr, both buttons work along with the scroll-wheel.

    >
    > What OS? I know OS X does this (I use a Logitech myself), but I did not
    > think OS 9 did. Maybe one of the updates to it? I have not used OS 9 in a
    > long time, other than very occasional uses of Classic Mode.
    >


    Oh, were you discussing OS9 here? So sorry. My bad, I thought you were
    discussing OSX.

    --
    George Graves
    ------------------
    "Knowledge is Good"
    Emile Faber -Founder, Faber College

  3. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    George Graves wrote:

    > Oh, were you discussing OS9 here? So sorry. My bad, I thought you were
    > discussing OSX.
    >


    yea gramps, sorry to wake you...here, wipe the dribble from your
    chin...now go back to bed. And remember to take your NyQuil


  4. Re: What's the point of WMA?

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:07:56 -0500, Jeff wrote:

    >Why was WMA developed when there was already similarly useful codecs?


    Because they are evil, and they want to lock everyone into their
    proprietary "standards".


  5. Re: What's the point of WMA?

    chrisv wrote:
    > On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:07:56 -0500, Jeff wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Why was WMA developed when there was already similarly useful codecs?

    >
    >
    > Because they are evil, and they want to lock everyone into their
    > proprietary "standards".
    >


    That's right winTroll -- try to get everyone's confidence. you lying
    ****FACTORY.


  6. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    "George Graves" wrote on 12/22/03 12:07 AM:

    > In article ,
    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> "George Graves" wrote on 12/21/03 3:30 PM:
    >>
    >>> In article ,
    >>> Snit wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> "D.F. Manno" wrote on 12/21/03 12:54 PM:
    >>>>
    >>>>> In article ,
    >>>>> Snit wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> I suppose Macs running OS 9 work just fine with 2 (or more) button mice.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Mine does.
    >>>>
    >>>> In context I believe that was by default - if not, let me clarify: I meant
    >>>> that out of the box (no 3rd party drivers) the Mac can be said to work just
    >>>> fine with a two button mouse, but that only one would work.
    >>>
    >>> That's not true. Out of the box, with no 3rd party drivers, with both my
    >>> Intellimous Explorer on my desktop Mac as well as my MacAlly IceMouse
    >>> jr, both buttons work along with the scroll-wheel.

    >>
    >> What OS? I know OS X does this (I use a Logitech myself), but I did not
    >> think OS 9 did. Maybe one of the updates to it? I have not used OS 9 in a
    >> long time, other than very occasional uses of Classic Mode.
    >>

    >
    > Oh, were you discussing OS9 here? So sorry. My bad, I thought you were
    > discussing OSX.


    Aha. Fair enough. Wow. I was pretty darn sure OS 9 did not support that,
    even with its newest updates, but did not want to spend the time to re-boot.
    I was pretty sure I would have read about that one.


  7. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    "del c:\winnt\system32\showdoc.dll" wrote on
    12/22/03 12:18 AM:

    > George Graves wrote:
    >
    >> Oh, were you discussing OS9 here? So sorry. My bad, I thought you were
    >> discussing OSX.
    >>

    >
    > yea gramps, sorry to wake you...here, wipe the dribble from your
    > chin...now go back to bed. And remember to take your NyQuil
    >

    Yes, how horrid. He made an error on Usenet and *admitted* it instead of
    denying it for forever. What a fool he must be. He clearly does not
    understand the culture.


  8. Re: What's the point of WMA?

    chrisv wrote:
    > On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:07:56 -0500, Jeff wrote:
    >
    >> Why was WMA developed when there was already similarly useful codecs?

    >
    > Because they are evil, and they want to lock everyone into their
    > proprietary "standards".


    I wouldn't agree with the standards part but it is to lock you in, so you
    can't trade the files, like MP3s...



  9. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    Michelle Steiner wrote:

    > In article ,
    > COLA Facts wrote:
    >
    > > >> > Tell that to the Apple // users.
    > > >> >
    > > >>
    > > >> And Atari 400/800 user circa 1980-81.
    > > >>
    > > >And Commodore Vic20 and C64....
    > > >

    > >
    > > Which means that it is not Apple.

    >
    > The Apple II had color before the Atari and the C64 and the Vic20, ****
    > for brains.
    >
    > Of all the popular personal computers ever marketed, the Apple II was
    > the first to have color.
    >
    > The Cromemco may have had color before the Apple II, but it was never a
    > popular personal computer.


    Nice spin, to qualify "personal computer" with "popular"...

    Tony Blair has a vacancy at No 10.

  10. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    Kirk Morris wrote:

    > On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 19:27:06 -0700, Oxford wrote:
    >
    > > Kirk Morris wrote:
    > >
    > >> Since you need education, junior, pay attention. If the eject command is
    > >> issued from the keyboard and the drive itself has no physical mechanism
    > >> that isn't software controlled and is not accessible from the outside,
    > >> then the drive has no eject button.
    > >>
    > >> Read more, talk less.

    > >
    > > it still has an eject button... it's just been moved closer to the
    > > hands... nice touch...
    > >
    > > oxford
    > >
    > > -

    >
    >
    > Let's try again...
    >
    > If the eject command is issued from the keyboard and the drive itself has
    > no physical mechanism that isn't software controlled and is not accessible
    > from the outside, then the drive has no eject button.


    Jeez, does it really matter???

    Neither button is a mechanical eject button. Neither button can eject a
    CD if the machine is powered down. All that's happened is that one OS
    has a button on the drive and another has it on the keyboard. Putting it
    on the drive associates it with the drive which seems to me to be more
    intuitive.

    Peter

  11. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    In article <1g6dw4s.18hpt5p9s2k87N%me@privacy.net>,
    me@privacy.net (Peter Hayes) wrote:

    > > > >> > Tell that to the Apple // users.
    > > > >> >
    > > > >>
    > > > >> And Atari 400/800 user circa 1980-81.
    > > > >>
    > > > >And Commodore Vic20 and C64....
    > > > >
    > > >
    > > > Which means that it is not Apple.

    > >
    > > The Apple II had color before the Atari and the C64 and the Vic20,
    > > **** for brains.
    > >
    > > Of all the popular personal computers ever marketed, the Apple II
    > > was the first to have color.
    > >
    > > The Cromemco may have had color before the Apple II, but it was
    > > never a popular personal computer.

    >
    > Nice spin, to qualify "personal computer" with "popular"...


    Of course, that begs the fact that the Apple II had color before the IBM
    PC was ever released.

    Thus far, the arguments that the PC had color before Apple and that the
    Amiga had color before Apple have been proven to be lies.

    --
    Never play strip tarot.

  12. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    Tim McNamara wrote:

    > Michelle Steiner writes:
    >
    > > In article ,
    > > Tim McNamara wrote:
    > >
    > > > Heh! Actually, that 5 button mouse (M$ USB Optical) died because
    > > > Microsoft was too cheap or too ignorant to spend $0.03 per mouse
    > > > to put a strain relief nipple where the cable enters the body of
    > > > the mouse. Two of those died that way, actually; the second one
    > > > was a warranty replacement.

    > >
    > > Ditto, but mine were the Intellimouse Explorer. So, now I'm using
    > > the cordless version of it.

    >
    > Really. Well, then, it wasn't just me. That's good to know. I
    > thought about using a cordless mouse and might go with that
    > eventually.


    I use a cordless trackball with my notebook. It sits on the arm of the
    chair and works a treat.

    Nicest of all would be a Bluetooth trackball, but I can't seem to find
    any.

    > Cordless mouses and keyboards are probably going to be
    > standard by the end of the year, I suppose.


    Better hurry up, then. There's only ten days to go...

    --

    Peter

  13. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 00:49:59 -0700, Michelle Steiner
    wrote:

    >At one time, in my youth, I fell for that crap too.


    Nobody here is interested in your past sexual experiences.



  14. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    On 19 Dec 2003 20:55:51 -0800, netguynw@yahoo.com (Cron) wrote:

    >COLA Facts wrote in message news:...
    >> On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:14:47 -0700, Snit
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >"Matthew Russotto" wrote on 12/19/03 3:03 PM:
    >> >
    >> >> In article , John
    >> >> wrote:
    >> >>> John Rosado wrote:
    >> >>>> If everyone would take a quick moment to send Wal-Mart's burgeoning
    >> >>>> music store an email to JUST SAY NO TO MICROSOFT's WMA Format!
    >> >>>
    >> >>>
    >> >>>
    >> >>> Why not send an email to Apple and ask for WMA for iPod. It is superior
    >> >>> sounding. Why not demand the best sound quality from
    >> >>> Apple?
    >> >>
    >> >> Because the iPod is smaller than a floppy drive.
    >> >>
    >> >How does it compare to a two button mouse? Two button mice should play
    >> >WMA's, too.

    >>
    >> That would be a challenge for Apple and their users.
    >> They are still stuck in the single button mouse technology.

    >
    >Damn... you actually made a valid point


    Unlike you.

    Now **** off.


  15. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 23:12:03 GMT, Rick wrote:


    >Liar.



    Nice new signature.

    But you should format it properly, and expand to tell the truth, for
    once in your worthless life.


    Something like this.


    --
    Rick

    A spanked Liar.



  16. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 04:41:08 GMT, Rick wrote:

    >You might want to check the intro dates of these computers.



    Nobody gives a **** about you, **** off.


  17. Re: What's the point of WMA?

    >
    >Because they are evil, and they want to lock everyone into their
    >proprietary "standards".


    Grow up will you, how are they evil? Sure the AAC file format used by
    Apple is based on an open standard however the DRM part called
    "fairplay" is a closed standard and owned by Apple. So which
    proprietary standard should the world be locked into, Apple's or
    Microsoft's or somebody elses because no record company in the world
    is going to licence the digital distribution of their music without
    DRM in place.

  18. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    COLA Facts wrote:

    > On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 23:52:10 +0000, me@privacy.net (Peter Hayes) wrote:
    >
    > >Besides, the Powerbook widescreen is just superb

    >
    >
    > Yeah, paying few thousands more than what other users pay.


    You get what you pay for.

    Since the prices for Apple laptops and Windows laptops with similar
    feature sets are similar, I suggest you do some research before you next
    sit in front of a keyboard, otherwise you'll just confirm to the world
    at large what we all suspect.

  19. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    In article <1g6fkqi.10gri0xd68s83N%me@privacy.net>, Peter Hayes
    wrote:

    > COLA Facts wrote:
    >
    > > On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 23:52:10 +0000, me@privacy.net (Peter Hayes) wrote:
    > >
    > > >Besides, the Powerbook widescreen is just superb

    > >
    > >
    > > Yeah, paying few thousands more than what other users pay.

    >
    > You get what you pay for.
    >
    > Since the prices for Apple laptops and Windows laptops with similar
    > feature sets are similar, I suggest you do some research before you next
    > sit in front of a keyboard, otherwise you'll just confirm to the world
    > at large what we all suspect.

    I believe he confirmed this a long time ago.

  20. Re: What's the point of WMA?

    On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 10:04:19 -0600, chrisv
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 14:32:23 +1100, Dechah
    >wrote:
    >
    >>>
    >>>Because they are evil, and they want to lock everyone into their
    >>>proprietary "standards".

    >>
    >>Grow up will you, how are they evil?

    >
    >How are they not?


    >


    Stupid teenagers, go to some AOL chat rooms and sing your "Microsoft is
    Evil" crap in there.


    >DRM does not mean "proprietory". DRM does not mean "being at the
    >mercy of a monopoly".


    No douche bag, DRM stands for Digital Rights Management.
    Educate yourself before you post some lame conspiracy theory.

    You Linux stupid advocates and drones lack education and common sense.

    You want people to give away their hard work for free, and when they
    start charging for it or try to protect it from the pirates like you,
    you scream.

    >I agree with your point that MOST businessmen are evil, and that the
    >leadership of M$ is not unusual in this regard. It's just that M$ has
    >been exceptionally successful, and thus pose the biggest threat to our
    >freedoms and finances.


    What freedoms and finances?

    Linux is not freedom, Linux wants to lock everyone in one stupid chaotic
    open source crapware/scamware/crippleware/unprofessionalware chaos.

    Linux does not secure any finances, it promotes chaos, piracy, sloppy
    coding practices (look at ANY package on Linux), stone age technology,
    mischief, piracy, no jobs for anyone, .....etc.

    Get your facts straight before you open your mouth, you stupid school
    drop out.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast