Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!! - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!! - Microsoft Windows ; On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 19:37:51 -0700, Michelle Steiner wrote: >We have our facts straight, You have only your foot in your mouth, and a large dick shoved up your skanky ass. >you lying piece of ****. You slimy cunt....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 304

  1. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    wrote:

    >We have our facts straight,

    You have only your foot in your mouth, and a large dick shoved up your
    skanky ass.

    >you lying piece of ****.

    You slimy cunt.

  2. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 19:39:01 -0700, Michelle Steiner
    wrote:

    >"Mac zealot" Anyone who knows more about you,

    No, that is my fan club, and whores like you who have secret crush on
    me.

    I suggest a name like "Michelle who is desperate for attention", or
    "Michelle seeking someone who can kick my trailer trash ass", or
    something like that.

    >and won't let you get by with your lies.

    Said the liar.

  3. Re: What's the point of WMA?

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:07:56 -0500, in article
    , Jeff wrote:

    > Why was WMA developed when there was already similarly useful codecs?

    It goes like this:

    (1) Design superfluous compression scheme
    (2) Obtain patent for derivative work
    (3) Apply unlawfully-maintained monopoly power to force its use
    (4) Collect profits

    --
    "Until we had this concept of Web services, software on the
    Internet couldn't talk to other software on the Internet."

  4. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 19:27:06 -0700, Oxford wrote:

    > Kirk Morris wrote:
    >
    >> Since you need education, junior, pay attention. If the eject command is
    >> issued from the keyboard and the drive itself has no physical mechanism
    >> that isn't software controlled and is not accessible from the outside,
    >> then the drive has no eject button.
    >>
    >> Read more, talk less.

    > it still has an eject button... it's just been moved closer to the
    > hands... nice touch...
    >
    > oxford
    >
    > -

    Let's try again...

    If the eject command is issued from the keyboard and the drive itself has
    no physical mechanism that isn't software controlled and is not accessible
    from the outside, then the drive has no eject button.

    Read more, talk less. Even you can learn.

    --

    Elisp 3:51
    "He who disregards the Only True Editor or His Documentation strays far indeed."

  5. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    In article ,
    COLA Facts wrote:

    > >> Yes.

    > >Wrong.
    > >

    > Saying it doesn't make it so.

    LOL; all you have been doing is making unsubstantiated claims, despite
    the testimony of those of us who have the equipment and software you say
    that does not exist.

    > >> Third party hacks that took decades to come on Macs.

    > >Wrong.

    > Saying it doesn't make it so.

    You made the allegation; you have been unable to substantiate it.
    Therefore, you are wrong.

    > >You are a very good spokesperson for comp.sys.idiocy

    > Admission that you lost the argument noted.
    >
    > I can also be rude, and you will not like what you read.
    > If you will continue to act like a bitch, you will be treated like one.

    Admission that you lost the argument noted.

    --
    Never play strip tarot.

  6. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    In article ,
    COLA Facts wrote:

    > >> And Atari 400/800 user circa 1980-81.
    > >>

    > >And Commodore Vic20 and C64....
    > >

    > Which means that it is not Apple.

    The Apple II had color before the Atari and the C64 and the Vic20, ****
    for brains.

    Of all the popular personal computers ever marketed, the Apple II was
    the first to have color.

    The Cromemco may have had color before the Apple II, but it was never a
    popular personal computer.

    Even the first IBM PC offered color as an option; with the Apple II, it
    was standard.

    --
    Never play strip tarot.

  7. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 19:22:10 -0700, Oxford wrote:

    > Kirk Morris wrote:
    >
    >> > Tell that to the Apple // users.
    >> >

    >> And Atari 400/800 user circa 1980-81.
    >>

    >> [Snip the rest fron people too young to have seen these developments for
    >> themselves and people like oxford who have no clue what came from Apple
    >> and what did not.]

    > Kirk... it's you that need to study up before you compete with the big
    > boys like me...

    Big boys like YOU? "BOY" I can believe, but 'big' only relative to your
    fellow Middle Schoolers.

    Learn to read. The Atari comment was made to the assertion that the Amiga
    was first with color.

    The point was that both the Atari and Apple computers (along with a
    long list of others) had color before the Amiga.

    You'd probably benefit by taking a course in how to follow threads in
    UseNet.

    Then again, perhaps not. The only thing big about you is your head. You're
    an embarrassment to Mac people, a group that generally has class.

    > The apple ][ was the FIRST to have color... only the apple / before it
    > did not... we are talking 1977... years before the atari...
    >
    > Q From e-mail:
    > Hi Woz, Loved the TNT show and what you stand for. Why the apple??? Why
    > did you choose an apple with a byte out of it?
    >
    > WOZ:
    > When we formed a real company to make the Apple ][, we got a PR/ad
    > agency, Regis McKenna. They didn't like the name "Apple" but we held on.
    > We convinced them that this new type of computer could have a different
    > image than the cold, industrial, business computers of the past. They
    > came up with a bunch of logo ideas and the Apple with the byte out of it
    > looked the best to us. Steve rearranged the colors, from rainbow order,
    > to put the darker blue on the bottom but the lighter green on top.
    >
    > The reason for the colors was that we were the first to provide color
    > graphics with a small computer. It was almost unheard of and really
    > distinguished us.
    >
    > my friend jag has a quick page on other apple "firsts"
    >
    > http://www.jagshouse.com/firsts.html
    >
    > if you care to argue any of them... i beat you everytime...

    You beat me never, Junior. You were wrong above, not having a clue to the
    true discussion, and your knowledge is shallow.

    It's interesting that you point to a page created by a 'friend', then dare
    me to argue with YOU and then claim that you beat me.

    You have quite a fantasy life.

    I have worked on the insides of every Mac model ever made. Have you?
    (BTW, I have delayed making this claim until I finally got to work on a
    20th Anniversary Mac, and that happened last week.)

    I once wrote software that had to be tested on 5 variations of the Apple
    II to be sure that given routines worked the same way on them all.

    I've owned three NeXT's, and wrote some programs in Objective C as far
    back as 1995.

    You're a lightweight. Turn your advocacy on the rest of the world who
    could benefit from hearing these things the first time.

    --

    Elisp 3:51
    "He who disregards the Only True Editor or His Documentation strays far indeed."
    (setq load-path (cons (expand-file-name "~/XEmacs_Rules!/") load-path))

  8. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 20:21:16 -0700, Michelle Steiner
    wrote:

    >Admission that I lost the argument noted.

    Yep I agree.

  9. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 20:43:03 -0700, Michelle Steiner
    wrote:

    Wow, nothing else is left.

  10. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    In article , Oxford
    wrote:

    > The apple ][ was the FIRST to have color... only the apple / before it
    > did not... we are talking 1977... years before the atari...

    Actually, the Apple I did have color; it was essentially the same
    computer, but without a power supply, keyboard, or case. In other
    words, it was a kit.

    --
    Never play strip tarot.

  11. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    Kirk Morris wrote:

    > Let's try again...
    >
    > If the eject command is issued from the keyboard and the drive itself has
    > no physical mechanism that isn't software controlled and is not accessible
    > from the outside, then the drive has no eject button.

    your completely confused...

    does a car not start unless you open the hood?

    problem with your theory is that mac users have moved on... gears and
    levers aren't needed on the mac... while on the pc they still are...

    your arguement fails everytime since your viewpoint is based from the
    1980's...

    come on, enjoy life... move up to a more modern eject button...

    oxford

    -

  12. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    In article ,
    Snit wrote:

    > >> Which Mac came standard with that mouse, pray tell?

    > > What does coming standard have to do with it? The issue is whether the
    > > system will work with the mouse or not.
    > >
    > > How many Wintel machines come standard with a five-button mouse?

    > Only those things that ship with the computer count.

    No. Those things that the computer can use count.

    For instance, most desktop computers do not ship with monitors (the iMac
    and eMac being notable exceptions); you have to buy the monitors
    separately.

    --
    Never play strip tarot.

  13. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    > come on, enjoy life... move up to a more modern eject button...
    >
    > oxford
    >
    > -

    i haven't used a diskette in 4 years.

  14. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    "Kirk Morris" wrote on 12/20/03 8:15 PM:

    > On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 19:27:06 -0700, Oxford wrote:
    >
    >> Kirk Morris wrote:
    >>
    >>> Since you need education, junior, pay attention. If the eject command is
    >>> issued from the keyboard and the drive itself has no physical mechanism
    >>> that isn't software controlled and is not accessible from the outside,
    >>> then the drive has no eject button.
    >>>
    >>> Read more, talk less.

    >> it still has an eject button... it's just been moved closer to the
    >> hands... nice touch...
    >>
    >> oxford
    >>
    >> -

    > Let's try again...
    >
    > If the eject command is issued from the keyboard and the drive itself has
    > no physical mechanism that isn't software controlled and is not accessible
    > from the outside, then the drive has no eject button.
    >
    > Read more, talk less. Even you can learn.

    Why does this matter?

    I suppose Macs running OS 9 work just fine with 2 (or more) button mice.
    Only one button works, but if it is the buttons that are the important
    factor, and not the functionality, then OS 9 supported 2, 3, 4, and more
    button mice as well as any OS.

    Does not seem to make sense.

  15. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    "Chet K. Devistant (Private Eye)" <24x7@eyes.us> wrote on 12/20/03 8:54 PM:

    >> come on, enjoy life... move up to a more modern eject button...
    >>
    >> oxford
    >>
    >> -

    > i haven't used a diskette in 4 years.

    I have. The other day I had a student complain that their monitor was
    leaning a bit to one side - the table it is on is old. In any case, I just
    pulled out an old box of floppies and shoved a couple under the low side.
    Worked like a charm.

    Floppies still come in handy it seems.

  16. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 21:04:40 -0700, Snit wrote:

    > "Kirk Morris" wrote on 12/20/03 8:15 PM:

    >>> it still has an eject button... it's just been moved closer to the
    >>> hands... nice touch...
    >>>
    >>> oxford
    >>>
    >>> -

    >> Let's try again...
    >>
    >> If the eject command is issued from the keyboard and the drive itself has
    >> no physical mechanism that isn't software controlled and is not accessible
    >> from the outside, then the drive has no eject button.
    >>
    >> Read more, talk less. Even you can learn.

    > Why does this matter?
    >
    > I suppose Macs running OS 9 work just fine with 2 (or more) button mice.
    > Only one button works, but if it is the buttons that are the important
    > factor, and not the functionality, then OS 9 supported 2, 3, 4, and more
    > button mice as well as any OS.
    >
    > Does not seem to make sense.

    Probably not. We were discussing here the lack of a physical eject button
    on modren macs, not the number of buttons that a Mac can use on a mouse.
    That was a different thread.

    --

    Elisp 3:51
    "He who disregards the Only True Editor or His Documentation strays far indeed."
    (setq load-path (cons (expand-file-name "~/XEmacs_Rules!/") load-path))

  17. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 02:29:35 +0000, COLA Facts wrote:

    > On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 01:28:23 GMT, Lloyd Parsons
    > wrote:
    >
    >>In article , Kirk Morris
    >> wrote:

    >>> And Atari 400/800 user circa 1980-81.
    >>>

    >>And Commodore Vic20 and C64....
    >>

    > Which means that it is not Apple.

    You might want to check the intro dates of these computers.
    --
    Rick

  18. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 20:53:13 -0700, Oxford wrote:

    > Kirk Morris wrote:
    >
    >> Let's try again...
    >>
    >> If the eject command is issued from the keyboard and the drive itself has
    >> no physical mechanism that isn't software controlled and is not accessible
    >> from the outside, then the drive has no eject button.

    > your completely confused...

    Son, you need to learn to read. And learn the difference between 'your'
    and 'you're'.

    > does a car not start unless you open the hood?

    Comment dumb beyond words.

    > problem with your theory is that mac users have moved on... gears and
    > levers aren't needed on the mac... while on the pc they still are...

    Sigh. I am not an Anti-Mac person and am not Pro PC. Please ask your mommy
    to get you a tutor so that you can make good use of the English language.

    > your arguement fails everytime since your viewpoint is based from the
    > 1980's...

    No, This is based on the fact that on numerous G4 models, the lack of a
    physical eject mechanism causes problems, both for novice users and for
    Mac mechanics. I had no such problems with Mac machines in the 80's.

    Let's see your keyboard 'eject' button eject a disk when the firmware
    controlling the USB ports is not functioning correctly or when the
    keyboard itself is not working correctly.

    Let's see it eject the disk with damaged firmware from a power overload.

    Many Macs are used in very rugged environments, contrary to what ignorant
    PC people think, and some of Apple's sophisticated controls make for
    problems when there shouldn't be any. That's my point, and it comes from
    an architectural argument, not an advocacy one.

    I see brain-damaged Macs daily, (fixing them is my job), and I can tell
    you, the hassles caused by the lack of a physical eject mechanism are
    substantial.

    To use an automotive analogy _accurately_, it's like power windows
    that are nice when they work right, but are a major costly pain when they
    screw up, which they do quite often.

    > come on, enjoy life... move up to a more modern eject button...

    You wouldn't think it was so nice if you had to fix the problems it
    either causes or worsens.

    Since you are neither a repair person, a hardware designer nor a problem
    solver, you don't see things from this angle.

    That's OK, and that's why I get paid for knowing things about Macs that
    most people don't know.

    You need to know who your friends are.

    --

    Elisp 3:51
    "He who disregards the Only True Editor or His Documentation strays far indeed."
    (setq load-path (cons (expand-file-name "~/XEmacs_Rules!/") load-path))

  19. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    "Kirk Morris" wrote on 12/20/03 9:23 PM:

    > On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 21:04:40 -0700, Snit wrote:

    >>> Let's try again...
    >>>
    >>> If the eject command is issued from the keyboard and the drive itself has
    >>> no physical mechanism that isn't software controlled and is not accessible
    >>> from the outside, then the drive has no eject button.
    >>>
    >>> Read more, talk less. Even you can learn.

    >> Why does this matter?
    >>
    >> I suppose Macs running OS 9 work just fine with 2 (or more) button mice.
    >> Only one button works, but if it is the buttons that are the important
    >> factor, and not the functionality, then OS 9 supported 2, 3, 4, and more
    >> button mice as well as any OS.
    >>
    >> Does not seem to make sense.

    > Probably not. We were discussing here the lack of a physical eject button
    > on modren macs, not the number of buttons that a Mac can use on a mouse.
    > That was a different thread.

    But in both cases it is buttons. The only reason the number of buttons or
    location matters is for functionality. If the Mac has the eject
    functionality in a different place than the PC, then it does not make sense
    to talk about the reasons the PC method is better than the Mac method
    without referring to the functionality.

    In other words, there may very well be reasons the button on the CD is
    better then having it on the keyboard, but just spouting that the "drive has
    no eject button" as if this were a thing of importance does not make sense.

    For the record: there are reasons, in my mind, that make each of the
    placements better than the other - they both have pros and cons.

  20. Re: Tell Wal-Mart - NO to WMA!!!

    Kirk Morris wrote:

    > I have worked on the insides of every Mac model ever made. Have you?
    > (BTW, I have delayed making this claim until I finally got to work on a
    > 20th Anniversary Mac, and that happened last week.)

    yes, I've worked with more macs inside and out than anyone posting
    here... I own #1272, it's sitting right here... in a pippin, apple
    settop box, a prototype xserve in 1997, lisa, apple ///, ipod, on and
    on... have sucessfully answered over 25,000 apple questions, in 25 years
    everything from an aristotle apple // server to a 10.3 panther server in
    australia on thursday... you are no match for me!

    > I once wrote software that had to be tested on 5 variations of the Apple
    > II to be sure that given routines worked the same way on them all.
    >
    > I've owned three NeXT's, and wrote some programs in Objective C as far
    > back as 1995.
    >
    > You're a lightweight. Turn your advocacy on the rest of the world who
    > could benefit from hearing these things the first time.

    no big whooop!

    here's a quiz question you cannot answer:

    how many signatures are found in the pippin?

    Oxford

    -