'Emboldened by its reception before the European Commission in
Brussels last month, RealNetworks is to sue Microsoft for alleged
anti-competitive behavior.

"We believe our business would be substantially larger today if
Microsoft were playing by the rules," said Real's founder and former
Microsoft executive Rob Glaser in a statement.

Real will seek more than $1 billion in damages, and expects the
litigation to cost $12 million and take three years to
complete. However, since the company is seeking "injunctive relief",
an early decision could come sooner rather than later. Real's annual
revenue is around $200 million, based on its most recent earnings.

The suit, filed in a San Jose court, alleges that Microsoft used its
OEM contracts to block distribution of the Real Player, and with held
API information.'

--

A fatal exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C000BD1D in VXD VMM(01) +
0000AD1D. The current application will be terminated.