Dr alw <alw@LinuxRules.org>, another proof that Linux advocates are a bunch of ignorant losers who do not understand their OS (was:Re: new release) - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Dr alw <alw@LinuxRules.org>, another proof that Linux advocates are a bunch of ignorant losers who do not understand their OS (was:Re: new release) - Microsoft Windows ; On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 23:38:37 GMT, Dr alw wrote: >cola_moderator wrote: > >> the windows xp winter fun packs 2003 are out !!! >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e.../winterfun.asp >> >> updrade to windows xp and enjoy !!! >> >> cola_moderator > >Patches? ...

  1. Dr alw <alw@LinuxRules.org>, another proof that Linux advocates are a bunch of ignorant losers who do not understand their OS (was:Re: new release)

    On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 23:38:37 GMT, Dr alw wrote:

    >cola_moderator wrote:
    >
    >> the windows xp winter fun packs 2003 are out !!!
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e.../winterfun.asp
    >>
    >> updrade to windows xp and enjoy !!!
    >>
    >> cola_moderator

    >Patches? we don't need no stinkin' patches!

    Patching Sendmail
    http://www.sendmail.org/patchcr.html

    Or simply.
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...h+linux+source

    Another Linux jackass who doesn't understand the OS that he is
    pretending to advocate.

    ROFLMAO!!!

  2. Re: Dr alw <alw@LinuxRules.org>, another proof that Linux advocates are a bunch of ignorant losers who do not understand their OS (was:Re: new release)

    I am not saying Lindows/Linux is good or bad but
    check out what Microsoft is doing, one more time.
    It is really sad that a company this large has to
    lower itself to this level, although, that is how
    they got so big in the first place.

    ---------------------------
    SAN DIEGO and STOCKHOLM -- December 10, 2003 --
    Lindows.com today launched ChoicePC
    (www.choicepc.com) for Sweden, following a highly
    successful launch in the Netherlands. ChoicePC is
    a rallying point for the people of Sweden who
    object to the Microsoft Corporation's threats of
    legal action against Swedish resellers who are
    offering Lindows.com products.

    Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT), the world's largest
    software company, is systematically threatening
    small European computer companies with lawsuits
    for offering an alternative product to Microsoft.
    The threats were previously toward Dutch resellers
    (www.lindows.com/dutchresellers), but Lindows.com
    has since been contacted by Swedish resellers who
    have received threats as well. Microsoft's actions
    are intended to intimidate these small companies,
    who cannot afford attorneys, into dropping
    alternative products and leaving Swedish computer
    users with only the option of purchasing expensive
    Microsoft software.

    Lindows.com (www.lindows.com) is a small software
    company that has been battling Microsoft in the
    United States, where there are now more than 150
    retail stores carrying Linux-based desktop
    software and computers. Michael Robertson, chief
    executive officer of Lindows.com, will be visiting
    Sweden later this week to offer support for those
    companies threatened by Microsoft.

    "The citizens of the Netherlands have been
    overwhelmingly responsive," said Michael
    Robertson. "Now that Swedish resellers have
    contacted us, saying that they too have been
    threatened, we will be visiting Stockholm to
    reaffirm our support for all of our international
    partners. We are confident that Swedish citizens
    are just as committed to ensuring choice in their
    country."

  3. Re: Dr alw <alw@LinuxRules.org>, another proof that Linux advocates are a bunch of ignorant losers who do not understand their OS (was:Re: new release)

    BF wrote:

> [...]
    > company that has been battling Microsoft in the
    > United States, where there are now more than 150
    > retail stores carrying Linux-based desktop
    > software and computers. Michael Robertson, chief
    > executive officer of Lindows.com, will be visiting
    > Sweden later this week to offer support for those
    > companies threatened by Microsoft.
    >
    > "The citizens of the Netherlands have been
    > overwhelmingly responsive," said Michael
    > Robertson. "Now that Swedish resellers have
    > contacted us, saying that they too have been
    > threatened, we will be visiting Stockholm to
    > reaffirm our support for all of our international
    > partners. We are confident that Swedish citizens
    > are just as committed to ensuring choice in their
    > country."

    |Below is the email we sent to Microsoft which chronicles their latest
    |troubling actions. Please read it, and then I hope you'll consider adding
    |your name to mine on the ChoicePC website.
    |

    |Subject: Microsoft Corp
    | To: CEO Steve Ballmer
    | Cc: Stefan Bernhad
    | Cc: Mr. Alfred Meijboom
    |
    | Mr. Ballmer,
    |
    | After I emailed you about two weeks ago about verbal threats made to some
    |LindowsOS' Dutch resellers, those threats were quickly withdrawn,
    |according to local newspapers who reported on them. I had assumed that all
    |of this was the work of an overzealous local Microsoft employee. However,
    |recently I received documents from attorneys working for Microsoft from
    |both the Netherlands and Sweden, accusing us of infringing Microsoft's
    |trademarks and threatening us with more lawsuits. In addition, and even
    |more troubling, we also received copies of threatening letters that
    |Microsoft sent to many of our small business partners in those countries
    |threatening to sue them if they continue to sell our products. These new
    |actions seem to be a concerted multi-country campaign designed, approved,
    |and commissioned by someone with authority within Microsoft corporate
    |headquarters in Redmond in an attempt to stifle competition.
    |
    |None of these letters or communications identify even a single person who
    |is confused into believing Lindows.com or its LindowsOS product are in any
    |way affiliated with or endorsed by Microsoft. These letters, sent almost
    |two years after Lindows.com first starting doing business in these
    |countries, but on the eve of our long-expected trial in Seattle, appear
    |focused solely on taxing Lindows.com resources. We have heard that
    |Microsoft executives are saying that they will bury us with many lawsuits
    |in other European countries as a business strategy. These actions have
    |nothing to do with confusing trademarks, but rather, appear designed only
    |to protect Microsoft's longstanding monopoly from a very small competitor.
    |
    | You have tied Lindows.com up in expensive litigation in the United States
    |since 2001 because you claim exclusive ownership of the generic word
    |"windows." The Court has so far found that there are serious issues
    |surrounding the validity of your trademark, and denied Microsoft's repeated
    |requests for an injunction. After years of briefing and discovery, a jury
    |will finally hear and decide the issue less than three months from now. We
    |have every intention of honoring the eventual outcome of that case. If we
    |lose, we plan on changing our name, not just in the United States, but
    |globally. Initiating identical legal proceedings in other countries when
    |the issue will soon be resolved with a trial in the United States is
    |nothing more than a dirty tactic meant to block the adoption of Linux and
    |to harm Lindows.com.
    |
    | We don't have offices outside of North America, but we do have a handful
    |of small business partners for whom we will do our best to support in the
    |face of your intimidation. Yes, your threats frighten many of these small
    |companies who do not have legal departments or resources to hire lawyers to
    |defend themselves. These small companies are selling our products to other
    |small business and to consumers looking for affordable software. We are
    |committed to supporting our partners and users wherever they are in the
    |world.
    |
    | Two years ago, Swedish and Dutch computer users started adopting
    |LindowsOS, making them some of the earliest users of our software.
    |Resellers have been operational for more than a year. Your decision to take
    |action now, two years after initiating legal proceedings in the United
    |States is disconcerting. We repeatedly emphasize the obvious -- that
    |Lindows.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Microsoft in any way --
    |on the Lindows.com website, in just about every public statement, and on
    |all product packaging and materials. Consumers purchase LindowsOS because
    |they want a choice, because they want an alternative to Microsoft's
    |products, not because they think they are buying a Microsoft product.
    |
    | Because Microsoft has no evidence of consumer confusion and is suffering
    |absolutely no harm by the limited sales in the Netherlands and Sweden, I am
    |asking you to postpone legal action for a few months to give time for the
    |U.S. action to conclude. The trial is set to begin on March 1st, 2004,
    |after which there will be considerably more clarity on this issue.
    |
    | Sincerely,
    |
    | Michael Robertson
    | CEO
    | Lindows.com Inc.

    why does Microsoft's actions in sending in the lawyers smack of the goon
    squad being sent round all the small traders on a high street to make sure
    they don't sell the competitor's products???

    --
    COMPUTER POWER TO THE PEOPLE! DOWN WITH CYBERCRUD!

  4. Re: Dr alw <alw@LinuxRules.org>, another proof that Linux advocatesare a bunch of ignorant losers who do not understand their OS

    paul cooke wrote:

    > why does Microsoft's actions in sending in the lawyers smack of the goon
    > squad being sent round all the small traders on a high street to make sure
    > they don't sell the competitor's products???

    When the competitor is using the name of one of Microsofts products(and
    their highest selling one) to get attention for their own OS
    distribution, and when they are clearly in the same field, no. And if
    they did, it would be a justified action.

+ Reply to Thread