Re: What was all this boolsheet about "keeping the gub'mint off our backs"? - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Re: What was all this boolsheet about "keeping the gub'mint off our backs"? - Microsoft Windows ; > >I don't think you can delineate sides in such things. Plenty of the kooks > >in the MPAA and RIAA are both liberals and conservatives. Their actions > >have nothing to do with politics. They have everything to do ...

  1. Re: What was all this boolsheet about "keeping the gub'mint off our backs"?

    > >I don't think you can delineate sides in such things. Plenty of the kooks
    > >in the MPAA and RIAA are both liberals and conservatives. Their actions
    > >have nothing to do with politics. They have everything to do with myopia,
    > >greed, and self-righteousness.

    > I'm sorry to say that such traits have quite a bit to do with conservative
    > politics.

    Well now that's damned funny. I haven't seen so many self-righteous as on
    the liberal/Democratic side in all my life. Greedy for power and tax
    revenue like no others. ... and don't even get me started on myopic. Your
    comment alone is a beautiful commentary on the myopic left.

    --
    :P

  2. Re: What was all this boolsheet about "keeping the gub'mint off ourbacks"?

    Ping Crackston wrote:

    > Well now that's damned funny. I haven't seen so many self-righteous as on
    > the liberal/Democratic side in all my life. Greedy for power and tax
    > revenue like no others. ...

    "power and tax revenue"? You mean like, say, 87 billion dollars of
    deficit spending to colonize Iraq?

    Duke

  3. Re: What was all this boolsheet about "keeping the gub'mint off our backs"?

    Duke Robillard wrote in

    > Ping Crackston wrote:
    >

    >> Well now that's damned funny. I haven't seen so many self-righteous
    >> as on the liberal/Democratic side in all my life. Greedy for power
    >> and tax revenue like no others. ...

    > "power and tax revenue"? You mean like, say, 87 billion dollars of
    > deficit spending to colonize Iraq?

    Exactly. After all, President Bush is, at heart, a liberal.
    --
    while ((remote_users == "GUI-dependent PeeCee/Macintrash monkeys") == 0) {
    strcpy (myusername, "01100001 01101110 01100001 01101101"); // decode

  4. Re: What was all this boolsheet about "keeping the gub'mint off our backs"?

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Stephen Edwards

    wrote
    on Thu, 25 Sep 2003 04:09:21 -0000
    :
    > Duke Robillard wrote in
    >
    >> Ping Crackston wrote:
    >>

    >>> Well now that's damned funny. I haven't seen so many self-righteous
    >>> as on the liberal/Democratic side in all my life. Greedy for power
    >>> and tax revenue like no others. ...

    >> "power and tax revenue"? You mean like, say, 87 billion dollars of
    >> deficit spending to colonize Iraq?

    > Exactly. After all, President Bush is, at heart, a liberal.

    He's certainly liberal enough spending taxpayer dollars.

    Blecch.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    It's still legal to go .sigless.

  5. Re: What was all this boolsheet about "keeping the gub'mint off our backs"?

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 20:00:40 UTC, The Ghost In The Machine
    wrote:

    -> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Stephen Edwards
    ->
    -> wrote
    -> on Thu, 25 Sep 2003 04:09:21 -0000
    -> :
    -> > Duke Robillard wrote in
    -> > news:kPOdndJ5d6xoPeyiXTWJiw@io.com:
    -> >
    -> >> Ping Crackston wrote:
    -> >>
    -> >>
    -> >>> Well now that's damned funny. I haven't seen so many self-righteous
    -> >>> as on the liberal/Democratic side in all my life. Greedy for power
    -> >>> and tax revenue like no others. ...
    -> >>
    -> >> "power and tax revenue"? You mean like, say, 87 billion dollars of
    -> >> deficit spending to colonize Iraq?
    -> >
    -> > Exactly. After all, President Bush is, at heart, a liberal.
    ->
    -> He's certainly liberal enough spending taxpayer dollars.
    ->

    Now cum on ther' fella. Everyone knows that liberals are all them
    there high-falutin Eastern intellectual types, and our boy W ain't no
    dang intellectual. He's a good all C- boy from Taxes. (Sic)

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.os2voice.org
    Warpstock 2003, San Francisco, October 18-19th -
    http://www.warpstock.org

  6. Re: What was all this boolsheet about "keeping the gub'mint off our backs"?

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Mark Dodel

    wrote
    on Thu, 25 Sep 2003 22:54:08 GMT
    :
    > On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 20:00:40 UTC, The Ghost In The Machine
    > wrote:
    >
    > -> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Stephen Edwards
    > ->
    > -> wrote
    > -> on Thu, 25 Sep 2003 04:09:21 -0000
    > -> :
    > -> > Duke Robillard wrote in
    > -> > news:kPOdndJ5d6xoPeyiXTWJiw@io.com:
    > -> >
    > -> >> Ping Crackston wrote:
    > -> >>
    > -> >>
    > -> >>> Well now that's damned funny. I haven't seen so many self-righteous
    > -> >>> as on the liberal/Democratic side in all my life. Greedy for power
    > -> >>> and tax revenue like no others. ...
    > -> >>
    > -> >> "power and tax revenue"? You mean like, say, 87 billion dollars of
    > -> >> deficit spending to colonize Iraq?
    > -> >
    > -> > Exactly. After all, President Bush is, at heart, a liberal.
    > ->
    > -> He's certainly liberal enough spending taxpayer dollars.
    > ->
    >
    > Now cum on ther' fella. Everyone knows that liberals are all them
    > there high-falutin Eastern intellectual types, and our boy W ain't no
    > dang intellectual. He's a good all C- boy from Taxes. (Sic)

    *grin*

    "C-"? I might give him a "D+"... :-) Oh, that's an
    abbreviation for "steer". Somehow I don't see Bush
    steering us in the right direction, though.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    It's still legal to go .sigless.

  7. Re: What was all this boolsheet about "keeping the gub'mint off our backs"?

    The Ghost In The Machine wrote in

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Stephen Edwards
    >
    > wrote
    > on Thu, 25 Sep 2003 04:09:21 -0000
    > :
    >> Duke Robillard wrote in

    >>> "power and tax revenue"? You mean like, say, 87 billion dollars of
    >>> deficit spending to colonize Iraq?

    >> Exactly. After all, President Bush is, at heart, a liberal.

    > He's certainly liberal enough spending taxpayer dollars.
    >
    > Blecch.

    What I find odd is that some still insist that he's a "Reagan
    Republican." I must disagree.
    --
    while ((remote_users == "GUI-dependent PeeCee/Macintrash monkeys") == 0) {
    strcpy (myusername, "01100001 01101110 01100001 01101101"); // decode
    strcat (myusername, " 01101111 01110010 01110000 01101000"); // to ASCII
    } // %hostname="extremezone.com"; cat whining | apathy > /dev/null; logout

  8. Re: What was all this boolsheet about "keeping the gub'mint off our backs"?

    In alt.destroy.microsoft, I heard Ping Crackston say:
    >> >I don't think you can delineate sides in such things. Plenty of the kooks
    >> >in the MPAA and RIAA are both liberals and conservatives. Their actions
    >> >have nothing to do with politics. They have everything to do with myopia,
    >> >greed, and self-righteousness.

    >> I'm sorry to say that such traits have quite a bit to do with conservative
    >> politics.

    >Well now that's damned funny. I haven't seen so many self-righteous as on
    >the liberal/Democratic side in all my life.

    That would make sense, if you're a conservative/Republican.

    >Greedy for power and tax
    >revenue like no others.

    That sounds like a non-sequitor. Greedy for tax revenue to give to the needy?
    Instead of the corporations?

    >... and don't even get me started on myopic. Your
    >comment alone is a beautiful commentary on the myopic left.

    I was just thinking earlier tonight that the root of the liberal political
    position (and the reason it is so often so badly expressed that conservatives
    think it is antithetical) is basically "something bad will happen eventually,
    so take care of the poor people until it does so they don't use it as an
    excuse to kill us once it happens".

    As for myopic, which is more important, the economy or the ecology?

    --
    T. Max Devlin
    *** The best way to convince another is

+ Reply to Thread