Someone's a Dumb Ass!!! - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Someone's a Dumb Ass!!! - Microsoft Windows ; Check this out --- http://money.excite.com/jsp/nw/nwdt_...&date=20030918 Lanchau Dan, Adam Selkowitz, Tim Swan and John Zahabian really need to be slapped. I guess they'll next be suing Burger King because their burger isn't actually 1/4 pounds when then they get it. This ...

  1. Someone's a Dumb Ass!!!

    Check this out ---
    http://money.excite.com/jsp/nw/nwdt_...&date=20030918

    Lanchau Dan, Adam Selkowitz, Tim Swan and John Zahabian really need to
    be slapped. I guess they'll next be suing Burger King because their
    burger isn't actually 1/4 pounds when then they get it.

    This is totally stupid. Next we'll start seeing labels on hard drives
    stating the following:
    The total free space listed above is the pre-formatted space available
    on this hard drive. Due to various file systems used by different
    operating systems, the free space on your drive after formatting may
    very.

    Nothing different from:
    Professional driver, closed course - on a car commercial where
    someone's driving over a mountain... or...
    Caution, Hot - on a coffee cup...

    These types of people really piss me off.

    Alex.

  2. Re: Someone's a Dumb Ass!!!

    Linux, because eventually, you grow up enough to be trusted with a fork()

  3. Re: Someone's a Dumb Ass!!!

    Somewhere around the time of 09/19/2003 13:21, the world stopped and
    listened as Alex contributed this to humanity:

    > Check this out ---
    > http://money.excite.com/jsp/nw/nwdt_...&date=20030918
    >
    > Lanchau Dan, Adam Selkowitz, Tim Swan and John Zahabian really need to
    > be slapped. I guess they'll next be suing Burger King because their
    > burger isn't actually 1/4 pounds when then they get it.
    >
    > This is totally stupid. Next we'll start seeing labels on hard drives
    > stating the following:
    > The total free space listed above is the pre-formatted space available
    > on this hard drive. Due to various file systems used by different
    > operating systems, the free space on your drive after formatting may
    > very.
    >
    > Nothing different from:
    > Professional driver, closed course - on a car commercial where
    > someone's driving over a mountain... or...
    > Caution, Hot - on a coffee cup...
    >
    > These types of people really piss me off.
    >
    > Alex.

    I do beleive that it is written on the drive somewhere that
    1MB=1,000,000 bytes and 1GB=1,000,000,000 bytes. RAM is power of 2, but
    harddrives are power of 10. This of course, is not counting the space
    required by the filesystem and other required data structures that are
    on the disk for the selected operating system.

    --
    Daniel Rudy

    Remove nospam, invalid, and 0123456789 to reply.

+ Reply to Thread