Sun's Java Desktop System (Mad Hatter): Microsoft watch out.................................. - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Sun's Java Desktop System (Mad Hatter): Microsoft watch out.................................. - Microsoft Windows ; Today I just watched Jonathan Schwarz's keynote ( http://www.sun.com/bignews/nc03q3/)where he demonstrated Sun's Java Desktop System (Mad Hatter). I was completely blown away by the 3d effects in the Java Desktop System. There was one part where the browser turned sideways ...

  1. Sun's Java Desktop System (Mad Hatter): Microsoft watch out..................................

    Today I just watched Jonathan Schwarz's keynote
    (http://www.sun.com/bignews/nc03q3/)where he demonstrated Sun's Java
    Desktop System (Mad Hatter). I was completely blown away by the 3d
    effects in the Java Desktop System. There was one part where the
    browser turned sideways and was another browser was running in
    foreground. The browsers that was facing sideways was running a video
    clip. Jonathan also flipped the browser 360 degrees sideways in all
    directions. Sun's new Java Desktop System will be the most advanced
    desktop bar none. The desktop is several generations ahead of MAC OSX
    or MS Longhorn.

    The Java Desktop System can also run MS office applications as well.

    Sun's new Java Desktop System is due to be released in December. When
    it hits the Linux desktop market will really takeoff.

  2. Re: Sun's Java Desktop System (Mad Hatter): Microsoft watch out..................................

    You are crazy. no one will over take microsoft. thay have locked in
    everyone and will take over computer market. 'freeware' can't compete
    with them becuase they are too good.

    On 18 Sep 2003 16:27:31 -0700, Heinz Getzler wrote:
    > Today I just watched Jonathan Schwarz's keynote
    > (http://www.sun.com/bignews/nc03q3/)where he demonstrated Sun's Java
    > Desktop System (Mad Hatter). I was completely blown away by the 3d
    > effects in the Java Desktop System. There was one part where the
    > browser turned sideways and was another browser was running in
    > foreground. The browsers that was facing sideways was running a video
    > clip. Jonathan also flipped the browser 360 degrees sideways in all
    > directions. Sun's new Java Desktop System will be the most advanced
    > desktop bar none. The desktop is several generations ahead of MAC OSX
    > or MS Longhorn.
    >
    > The Java Desktop System can also run MS office applications as well.
    >
    > Sun's new Java Desktop System is due to be released in December. When
    > it hits the Linux desktop market will really takeoff.

  3. Re: Sun's Java Desktop System (Mad Hatter): Microsoft watch out..................................

    Aaron Young wrote in message news:...
    > You are crazy. no one will over take microsoft. thay have locked in
    > everyone and will take over computer market. 'freeware' can't compete
    > with them becuase they are too good.

    I have not said that the Java desktop system or Linux will take over
    the market... I do think that the Java desktop system and Linux will
    take a big chunk out of the Windows market.

    > On 18 Sep 2003 16:27:31 -0700, Heinz Getzler wrote:
    > > Today I just watched Jonathan Schwarz's keynote
    > > (http://www.sun.com/bignews/nc03q3/)where he demonstrated Sun's Java
    > > Desktop System (Mad Hatter). I was completely blown away by the 3d
    > > effects in the Java Desktop System. There was one part where the
    > > browser turned sideways and was another browser was running in
    > > foreground. The browsers that was facing sideways was running a video
    > > clip. Jonathan also flipped the browser 360 degrees sideways in all
    > > directions. Sun's new Java Desktop System will be the most advanced
    > > desktop bar none. The desktop is several generations ahead of MAC OSX
    > > or MS Longhorn.
    > >
    > > The Java Desktop System can also run MS office applications as well.
    > >
    > > Sun's new Java Desktop System is due to be released in December. When
    > > it hits the Linux desktop market will really takeoff.

+ Reply to Thread