leave the internet to professionals! - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on leave the internet to professionals! - Microsoft Windows ; to all windows users. get off the internet now!!! some of us are trying to do some work - and the internet is suffering badly due to the MS crap connected to it. i mean - ping responses being switched ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: leave the internet to professionals!

  1. leave the internet to professionals!

    to all windows users.

    get off the internet now!!!

    some of us are trying to do some work - and the internet is suffering badly
    due to the MS crap connected to it.

    i mean - ping responses being switched off due to worms!!! what next -
    trains halted, planes grounded - oh yeah - we've already had that. do you
    really need a nuclear meltdown in ohio to *finally* get the message?

    when the blame for the blackouts finally gets pointed at MS hopefully there
    will be some simple rules applied RE quality of software allowed to do
    important stuff,

    and as for all the pro MS lot - do us a favour - when you next lose it and
    want to throw your crap infested PC out of the window - DO IT!

    kev


  2. Re: leave the internet to professionals!

    In , kevin bailey writes:
    >to all windows users.
    >
    >get off the internet now!!!
    >
    >some of us are trying to do some work - and the internet is suffering badly
    >due to the MS crap connected to it.
    >
    >i mean - ping responses being switched off due to worms!!! what next -
    >trains halted, planes grounded - oh yeah - we've already had that. do you
    >really need a nuclear meltdown in ohio to *finally* get the message?
    >
    >when the blame for the blackouts finally gets pointed at MS hopefully there
    >will be some simple rules applied RE quality of software allowed to do
    >important stuff,
    >
    >and as for all the pro MS lot - do us a favour - when you next lose it and
    >want to throw your crap infested PC out of the window - DO IT!
    >
    >kev
    >

    Bit over the top Kev. They can use other OSs you know .

    Mark
    New Zealand

    Proudly bought to you by the letters O & S & the number 2.


  3. Re: leave the internet to professionals!

    In article kevin bailey wrote:

    > to all windows users.
    >
    > get off the internet now!!!
    >
    > some of us are trying to do some work - and the internet is suffering badly
    > due to the MS crap connected to it.
    >
    > i mean - ping responses being switched off due to worms!!! what next -
    > trains halted, planes grounded - oh yeah - we've already had that. do you
    > really need a nuclear meltdown in ohio to *finally* get the message?
    >
    > when the blame for the blackouts finally gets pointed at MS hopefully there
    > will be some simple rules applied RE quality of software allowed to do
    > important stuff,
    >
    > and as for all the pro MS lot - do us a favour - when you next lose it and
    > want to throw your crap infested PC out of the window - DO IT!


    i agree kev, the windows users are really 'ucking up the internet...
    windows is no longer needed... but it seems LOTS of them don't know it
    "yet"!!!

    get with the plan... stop paying the MS Tax... there is NO REASON for MS
    any longer.

    Jline

  4. Re: leave the internet to professionals!


    "JLine" wrote in message
    news:jline-158B12.19230113092003@typhoon3.uswest.net...

    > get with the plan... stop paying the MS Tax... there is NO REASON for MS
    > any longer.


    No reason?



  5. Re: leave the internet to professionals!

    In article ,
    "Mike Byrns" wrote:

    > > get with the plan... stop paying the MS Tax... there is NO REASON for MS
    > > any longer.

    >
    > No reason?


    Yes, there is NO REASON to use any MS product at this point. That wasn't
    so in the late 90's but, really, can you think of ONE thing they have
    that is useful? I thought long and hard and can't come up with any.

    They are bad news, it's time for everyone to move on.

    Jline

  6. Re: leave the internet to professionals!

    As Mike Byrns so eloquently gibbered on Sun, 14 Sep 2003 at 01:36 GMT:

    >
    > "JLine" wrote in message
    > news:jline-158B12.19230113092003@typhoon3.uswest.net...
    >
    >> get with the plan... stop paying the MS Tax... there is NO REASON for MS
    >> any longer.

    >
    > No reason?


    See sig.

    --
    Windows: Because everyone needs a good laugh!

  7. Re: leave the internet to professionals!


    "JLine" wrote in message
    news:jline-E3CFE9.22204813092003@typhoon3.uswest.net...
    > In article ,
    > "Mike Byrns" wrote:
    >
    > > > get with the plan... stop paying the MS Tax... there is NO REASON for

    MS
    > > > any longer.

    > >
    > > No reason?

    >
    > Yes, there is NO REASON to use any MS product at this point. That wasn't
    > so in the late 90's but, really, can you think of ONE thing they have
    > that is useful? I thought long and hard and can't come up with any.


    Perhaps the length and hardness of your thought was bordering on mental
    impotence.

    BTW you're violating 2,6,7,10,11 of your own movement's Linux Advocacy
    Canons of Conduct.

    http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue14/advocate.html



  8. Re: leave the internet to professionals!

    In article "Mike Byrns" wrote:

    > BTW you're violating 2,6,7,10,11 of your own movement's Linux Advocacy
    > Canons of Conduct.
    >
    > http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue14/advocate.html


    Ah, i don't support or like linux... it's too close to windows... i like
    the stuff that's streamlined... and doesn't take "professionals" to
    manage... I say, "if it doesn't work without any effort, it's not a
    finished product, and shouldn't of been sold"

    JLine

  9. Re: leave the internet to professionals!


    "JLine" wrote in message
    news:jline-C8C67A.15242714092003@typhoon3.uswest.net...
    > In article "Mike Byrns" wrote:
    >
    > > BTW you're violating 2,6,7,10,11 of your own movement's Linux Advocacy
    > > Canons of Conduct.
    > >
    > > http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue14/advocate.html

    >
    > Ah, i don't support or like linux... it's too close to windows...


    So what do you use? Mac?

    > i like
    > the stuff that's streamlined... and doesn't take "professionals" to
    > manage... I say, "if it doesn't work without any effort, it's not a
    > finished product, and shouldn't of been sold"


    Well that would be Mac classic. Very good at it's extremely limited set of
    capabilities.



  10. Re: leave the internet to professionals!

    In article "Mike Byrns" wrote:

    > Well that would be Mac classic. Very good at it's extremely limited set of
    > capabilities.


    What? This is a UNIX server, there aren't any defined "limits"... I
    think your using a OS9, mindset. OSX is just as feature rich as Linux,
    maybe you don't understand what is happening over at Apple?

    http://www.apple.com/server/macosx/specs.html

    Hum, and MUCH cheaper than Windows... No MS Tax!

    http://www.apple.com/server/macosx/features.html

    JLine

  11. Re: leave the internet to professionals!

    Sinister Midget wrote:

    > As Mike Byrns so eloquently gibbered on Sun, 14 Sep 2003 at 01:36 GMT:
    >
    >>
    >> "JLine" wrote in message
    >> news:jline-158B12.19230113092003@typhoon3.uswest.net...
    >>
    >>> get with the plan... stop paying the MS Tax... there is NO REASON for MS
    >>> any longer.

    >>
    >> No reason?

    >
    > See sig.


    Agreed. And the widest media, including comedy, is more available for less
    effort in Windows.



  12. Re: leave the internet to professionals!

    JLine wrote:

    > In article "Mike Byrns" wrote:
    >
    >> Well that would be Mac classic. Very good at it's extremely limited set
    >> of capabilities.

    >
    > What? This is a UNIX server, there aren't any defined "limits"... I
    > think your using a OS9, mindset. OSX is just as feature rich as Linux,
    > maybe you don't understand what is happening over at Apple?
    >
    > http://www.apple.com/server/macosx/specs.html


    No defined limits? Mach has a thread limit of 65535. I could go on. It's
    old tech. Borrowed from MIT via NeXT and if currently pending legislation
    goes through it could become my property as a US citizen since it's basis
    was developed with public funds.

    > Hum, and MUCH cheaper than Windows... No MS Tax!
    >
    > http://www.apple.com/server/macosx/features.html


    Nah. I can buy a base dual-proc Opteron for a similar price.


  13. Re: leave the internet to professionals!

    Mike Byrns wrote:

    > No defined limits? Mach has a thread limit of 65535. I could go on. It's
    > old tech. Borrowed from MIT via NeXT and if currently pending legislation
    > goes through it could become my property as a US citizen since it's basis
    > was developed with public funds.


    Ah, you mean Carnegie Mellon, MIT had no involvement with Mach... yeah,
    and that limit of 65,535 threads really is a bottleneck in 99.999% of
    situtions... Not! Stick to reality Mike!

    > > Hum, and MUCH cheaper than Windows... No MS Tax!
    > >
    > > http://www.apple.com/server/macosx/features.html

    >
    > Nah. I can buy a base dual-proc Opteron for a similar price.


    Yes, but your running CRAP hardware at that point, why to you want to
    torture yourself? You secretly want to be running OSX on a G5, and in
    time you'll get your unconscious wish.

    JLine

  14. Re: leave the internet to professionals!


    "JLine" wrote in message
    news:jline-B5BB48.01132016092003@news.uswest.net...
    > Mike Byrns wrote:
    >
    > > No defined limits? Mach has a thread limit of 65535. I could go on.

    It's
    > > old tech. Borrowed from MIT via NeXT and if currently pending

    legislation
    > > goes through it could become my property as a US citizen since it's

    basis
    > > was developed with public funds.

    >
    > Ah, you mean Carnegie Mellon, MIT had no involvement with Mach... yeah,
    > and that limit of 65,535 threads really is a bottleneck in 99.999% of
    > situtions... Not! Stick to reality Mike!


    Yeah right. No enterprise system could ever need more than 64K threads,
    ever. Sounds like... Hmm.

    > > > Hum, and MUCH cheaper than Windows... No MS Tax!
    > > >
    > > > http://www.apple.com/server/macosx/features.html

    > >
    > > Nah. I can buy a base dual-proc Opteron for a similar price.

    >
    > Yes, but your running CRAP hardware at that point, why to you want to
    > torture yourself? You secretly want to be running OSX on a G5, and in
    > time you'll get your unconscious wish.


    CRAP? Maybe the Opteron BUS has higher throughput. Maybe not. I secretly
    want a 10GHz AMIGA. Maybe I think that computing should be left to the
    pros. Well it's gotten far from that. And it's not a painty-waist G5.



  15. Re: leave the internet to professionals!

    kevin bailey wrote in message news:...

    > kev, sniveling about how there is no future for unix, proposing
    > desperate measures


    I have been on the internet since 1994. I have used Microsoft products
    almost exclusively, none of my computers have ever been affected by a
    single virus.

  16. Re: leave the internet to professionals!

    you are very much in the minority...

    El Mariachi wrote:

    > kevin bailey wrote in message
    > news:...
    >
    >> kev, sniveling about how there is no future for unix, proposing
    >> desperate measures

    >
    > I have been on the internet since 1994. I have used Microsoft products
    > almost exclusively, none of my computers have ever been affected by a
    > single virus.



  17. Re: leave the internet to professionals!



    ----------
    In article <524c23df.0309210219.7fe778a1@posting.google.com>,
    dick_halliburton@lycos.com (El Mariachi) wrote:


    > kevin bailey wrote in message
    > news:...
    >
    >> kev, sniveling about how there is no future for unix, proposing
    >> desperate measures

    >
    > I have been on the internet since 1994. I have used Microsoft products
    > almost exclusively, none of my computers have ever been affected by a
    > single virus.


    Mac user? ;+)

  18. Re: leave the internet to professionals!

    On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 10:19:58 UTC, dick_halliburton@lycos.com (El
    Mariachi) wrote:

    -> kevin bailey wrote in message news:...
    ->
    -> > kev, sniveling about how there is no future for unix, proposing
    -> > desperate measures
    ->
    -> I have been on the internet since 1994. I have used Microsoft products
    -> almost exclusively, none of my computers have ever been affected by a
    -> single virus.

    Guess you are either incredibly lucky, or so blind you can't see what
    is going on.

    Saw this on a mailing list (Appraising Microsoft
    ). So it is now
    not just annoyance, microsoft products are now compromising US
    national safety. When will people learn that microsoft isn't a
    solution, it is the problem. :

    "---------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------

    September 23, 2003
    State Dept. Says Computers Hit by Virus
    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS


    Filed at 9:57 p.m. ET

    WASHINGTON (AP) -- The State Department's electronic
    system for checking every visa applicant for terrorist
    or criminal history failed worldwide late Tuesday
    because of a computer virus, leaving the U.S. government unable to
    issue visas.

    The virus crippled the department's Consular Lookout and Support
    System, known as CLASS, which contains more than 12.8 million records
    from the FBI, State Department and
    U.S. immigration, drug-enforcement and intelligence
    agencies. Among the names are those of at least 78,000
    suspected terrorists.

    In an internal message sent late Tuesday to embassies
    and consular offices worldwide, officials cautioned that ``CLASS is
    down due to a virus found in the system.''
    There was no backup system immediately available, and
    officials could not predict how long the outage might
    last.

    Such an outage would represent the most serious
    disruption in years to U.S. government computers from an Internet
    infection.

    State Department spokeswoman Joanne Moore said the
    agency experienced some computer problems but could not
    confirm the visa-checking system was affected.

    ``We did have some computer problems,'' she said.
    ``They're working on it.''

    Every visa applicant is checked against the names in the CLASS
    database. The State Department's automated systems are designed not
    even to print a visa until such a check is completed.

    It was unclear which computer virus might have affected
    the system. But a separate message sent to embassies and consular
    offices late Tuesday warned that the
    ``Welchia'' virus had been detected in one facility.
    Welchia is an aggressive infection unleashed last month
    that exploits a software flaw in recent versions of
    Microsoft Corp.'s Windows software.

    Collectively, Welchia and a related virus, ``Blaster,''
    have infected hundreds of thousands of computers
    worldwide, including computers at the Federal Reserve in Atlanta,
    Maryland's motor vehicle agency and the
    Minnesota Transportation Department.

    The State Department has invested heavily in the CLASS
    system since the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks, more
    than doubling the number of names that applicants are
    checked against. One provision of the Patriot Act,
    passed just weeks after the attacks, added FBI records,
    including the bureau's violent gang and terrorist
    database. The list also includes the names of at least
    20,000 people accused of serious Customs violations and
    the names of 78,000 suspected terrorists.

    ^------

    On the Net:

    State Department: www.state.gov



    Copyright 2003 The Associated Press "

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.os2voice.org
    Warpstock 2003, San Francisco, October 18-19th -
    http://www.warpstock.org

  19. Re: leave the internet to professionals!

    As El Mariachi so eloquently gibbered on Sun, 21 Sep 2003 at 10:19 GMT:

    > kevin bailey wrote in message news:...
    >
    >> kev, sniveling about how there is no future for unix, proposing
    >> desperate measures

    >
    > I have been on the internet since 1994. I have used Microsoft products
    > almost exclusively, none of my computers have ever been affected by a
    > single virus.


    I would call that either a lie or a mistake.

    "...none of my machines have ever been /affected/....."

    is altogether different from

    "...none of my machines have ever been /infected/....."

    If you've been on the internet, you have been AFfected no matter what
    you claim.

    Still, what i *think* you meant to state is much like saying the
    following:

    "I've been playing russian roulette since I was a wee lad. Not once
    have I shot myself in the head."

    HTH

    --
    "This update limits certain functionality in Outlook to provide a
    higher level of security; it was not created to address a security
    vulnerability within Outlook." -Another innovative MS enhancement

  20. Re: leave the internet to professionals!

    kevin bailey wrote in message news:...
    > you are very much in the minority...
    >
    >


    Fact, or speculation?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast