Microsoft is watching you here. - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Microsoft is watching you here. - Microsoft Windows ; chrisv writes: >> flatfish@linuxmail.org writes: >>>>> OS/2 is dead. >>>> Yet another person who still hasn't learned. >>> There is nothing to learn. >> Incorrect; you can learn why your previous statement is incorrect. >>> 1.OS/2 is a great operating ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 101 to 103 of 103

  1. Re: Microsoft is watching you here.

    chrisv writes:

    >>> There is nothing to learn.

    >> Incorrect; you can learn why your previous statement is incorrect.

    >>> 1.OS/2 is a great operating system and has always been a great operating
    >>> system.

    >> Irrelevant to your claim that OS/2 is dead.

    >>> 2. OS/2 is technically far superior to Windows and with it's object
    >>> oriented wps was way ahead of it's time.

    >> Irrelevant to your claim that OS/2 is dead.

    >>> 3. OS/2 sold mainly as shrink wrap to corporations already in the hole with
    >>> previous versions of OS/2 and IBM hardware so it was logical. Sales of OS/2
    >>> to consumers was/is dismal.

    >> Irrelevant to your claim that OS/2 is dead.

    >>> 4.OS/2 is dead in the marketplace.

    >> Incorrect.

    >>> While many people continue to run it
    >>> happily and successfully, it's days are numbered.

    >> Irrelevant to your claim that OS/2 is dead.

    >>> 5. Comparing OS/2 to Linux is not realistic because Linux is growing and
    >>> OS/2 is decaying.

    >> Irrelevant to your claim that OS/2 is dead.

    >>> Believe what you wish.

    >> Belief is irrelevant; the facts are relevant, and the fact is that OS/2
    >> is still being sold, both as OS/2 by IBM and as eCS by Serenity Systems.

    >>> So tell me the name of a major company recently moving off another
    >>> operating system toward OS/2.

    >> Irrelevant to your claim that OS/2 is dead.

    >>> That seems to be the question the OS/2 zealot's keep ignoring.

    >> Irrelevant to your claim that OS/2 is dead.

    >>> The market where OS/2 made the most impact, the corporate shrink wrap
    >>> market, is migrating off of OS/2 in droves and nobody but a person bent on
    >>> suicide (or a lawsuit) would suggest currently migrating toward OS/2 for
    >>> any company of a decent size.

    >> Irrelevant to your claim that OS/2 is dead.

    >>> It's a fact, get used to it.

    >> It's a fact that OS/2 is still being sold, both as OS/2 by IBM and as
    >> eCS by Serenity Systems. Get used to it.

    > Tholen!

    chrisv!

    Now, what did you want?

  2. Re: Microsoft is watching you here.

    Another bull**** flatty lie.

    >flatfish+++

  3. Re: Microsoft is watching you here.

    flatfish@linuxmail.org wrote:

    > Walk into CompUSA in NYC and stand there for 2 weeks asking people what
    > operating system they run and I'll bet you can't find 20 people who run
    > either OS/2 or BEOS.

    I keep hearing about this OS/2 more and more in here. It's starting to
    sound interesting. And you're saying bad things about it, which means
    it must be pretty good. I've noticed that the better an OS is, the
    worse it is in your eyes. It reminds me of a quote from Shakespeare:
    "Good is bad, and bad is good".

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6