Macinosh = Crapintosh ! - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Macinosh = Crapintosh ! - Microsoft Windows ; Throw away this **** and buy a PC !...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 109

  1. Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    Throw away this **** and buy a PC !

  2. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    On 8/13/03 5:05 PM, in article
    392ef116.0308131605.6912c030@posting.google.com, "Lord Teviolus"
    wrote:

    > Throw away this **** and buy a PC !

    Thank you for your insight. I have been using a Mac for years and have
    always greatly preferred them to Win machines (which I also use). Until this
    thought provoking post I always thought Mac was just better. Now I see the
    error in my ways.

    Thanks. My life has been changed for the better due to your knowledge.

  3. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    Not to feed the trolls... what makes your Mac more capable than a
    windows based
    machine? What can you possibly do that I cannot?

    --
    Trepain
    http://www.trepain.com
    "Brock McNuggets" wrote in message
    > On 8/13/03 5:05 PM, in article
    > 392ef116.0308131605.6912c030@posting.google.com, "Lord Teviolus"
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Throw away this **** and buy a PC !

    > Thank you for your insight. I have been using a Mac for years and

    have
    > always greatly preferred them to Win machines (which I also use).

    Until this
    > thought provoking post I always thought Mac was just better. Now I

    see the
    > error in my ways.
    >
    > Thanks. My life has been changed for the better due to your

    knowledge.

  4. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    in article 8MB_a.139718$uu5.19376@sccrnsc04, Trepain at
    trepain@trepainnospam.com wrote on 8/13/03 8:40 PM:

    > Not to feed the trolls... what makes your Mac more capable than a
    > Windows based
    > machine? What can you possibly do that I cannot?
    >
    > --
    > Trepain

    I do everything on my Mac as I did on the PeeCee, only without viruses,
    worms, Trojan horses, Blue Screens of Death, XPee activation codes,
    Palladium, Bill Gates' high falooting attitude, etc. By the way, I can do
    things better on my Mac.

  5. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    darmzunge@yahoo.de (Lord Teviolus) wrote:

    > Throw away this **** and buy a PC !

    I had a PC and bought a mac instead.

    --
    Ari Ukkonen

  6. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    "Trepain" wrote:

    > Not to feed the trolls... what makes your Mac more capable than a
    > windows based
    > machine? What can you possibly do that I cannot?

    It's not so much "what" as it is "how."

    I can do anything with my Mac that you can do with your PC, but I can do
    it without:

    Daily security patches
    Weekly Viruses and Worms
    Microsoft 'Spy Ware'
    WindBlows operating system.
    And therein lies all the difference I need. And who the **** are you to
    come here and try to tell me that I'm wrong?

    > --
    > Trepain
    > http://www.trepain.com
    > !Remove "NOSPAM" from email address to reply!
    > "Brock McNuggets" wrote in message
    > > On 8/13/03 5:05 PM, in article
    > > 392ef116.0308131605.6912c030@posting.google.com, "Lord Teviolus"
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > > Throw away this **** and buy a PC !

    > > Thank you for your insight. I have been using a Mac for years and

    > have
    > > always greatly preferred them to Win machines (which I also use).

    > Until this
    > > thought provoking post I always thought Mac was just better. Now I

    > see the
    > > error in my ways.
    > >
    > > Thanks. My life has been changed for the better due to your

    > knowledge.

  7. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    "Trepain" wrote:

    > Not to feed the trolls... what makes your Mac more capable than a
    > windows based
    > machine? What can you possibly do that I cannot?

    Live life without the horrible angst, childish anger, stupidity, and
    personality defects displayed by the Windows users in this group?

  8. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    www.macvirus.com is a site with Mac related virus information. They do
    exist on the Mac whether you have experienced them or not.

    Trojans - http://members.fortunecity.com/reape...i/trojans.html
    here you will find quite a few. They also exist.

    FIXING YOUR MAC - Solving Common Mac ERRORS -
    http://www.macforce.com/support_cure.php - well I guess Macs have
    errors like any other computer.

    So you never really went into specifics. What can YOU do that I
    cannot? What can you do better on your Mac? How many times must I ask
    this?

    --
    "Jim Lee Jr." wrote in message
    > in article 8MB_a.139718$uu5.19376@sccrnsc04, Trepain at
    > trepain@trepainnospam.com wrote on 8/13/03 8:40 PM:
    >
    > > Not to feed the trolls... what makes your Mac more capable than a
    > > Windows based
    > > machine? What can you possibly do that I cannot?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Trepain

    > I do everything on my Mac as I did on the PeeCee, only without

    viruses,
    > worms, Trojan horses, Blue Screens of Death, XPee activation codes,
    > Palladium, Bill Gates' high falooting attitude, etc. By the way, I

    can do
    > things better on my Mac.

  9. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    Every newspaper uses Mac? Interesting. What is the name of this
    program? I am interested in researching this. It sounds like a
    farse...

    --
    "Jim DeClercq" wrote in message
    > Well, when a newspaper runs an advertisement for a Macintosh

    Operator,
    > they are not looking for someone who knows where the power switch

    is.
    > They are looking for people who know how to use programs used for

    setting
    > newspaper advertisements, which do not run, or do not run well, on

    any
    > other platform, although Atari has a good one of those.
    >
    > It seems that the timing requiremts for a GUI were sorted out around

    1984,
    > and forgotten by everyone but Atari and some models of Macintosh.
    >
    > One has to be pretty thick to not notice bad timing in MicroSlop

    products.
    > It has been noted that Microsoft products will all suck until they

    start
    > making vacuum cleaners.
    >
    > Jim
    >

    > Trepain writes:
    >
    > : Not to feed the trolls... what makes your Mac more capable than a
    > : windows based
    > : machine? What can you possibly do that I cannot?
    >
    > : --
    > : Trepain
    > : http://www.trepain.com
    > : !Remove "NOSPAM" from email address to reply!
    > : "Brock McNuggets" wrote in message
    > : news:BB6027A8.25E04%krappe@cableone.net...
    > : > On 8/13/03 5:05 PM, in article
    > : > 392ef116.0308131605.6912c030@posting.google.com, "Lord Teviolus"
    > : > wrote:
    > : >
    > : > > Throw away this **** and buy a PC !
    > : >
    > : > Thank you for your insight. I have been using a Mac for years

    and
    > : have
    > : > always greatly preferred them to Win machines (which I also

    use).
    > : Until this
    > : > thought provoking post I always thought Mac was just better.

    Now I
    > : see the
    > : > error in my ways.
    > : >
    > : > Thanks. My life has been changed for the better due to your
    > : knowledge.
    > : >
    >

    > --
    > --
    > /"\ Jim DeClercq--jimd@panix.com--Sylvania, Ohio, USA
    > \ / ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus! |
    > X against HTML mail | Copy me into your ~/.signature|
    > / \ and postings | to help me spread! |
    > .

  10. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    I addressed the virus and worm issue. They do exist on the Macintosh.
    It's your own platform and it's funny how you apparently were not
    aware of them.

    I never said you were wrong. YOU have an obvious anger management
    issue. Is that how you react when someone asks you a non-threatening
    question? You have a real problem.

    Someone mentioned something to the extent that the Mac could do more
    and I only asked what a Mac can do that a windows based pc cannot. I
    am sorry it's such a touchy subject for you...

    Did I hurt your feelings?

    --
    "George Graves" wrote in message
    > In article <8MB_a.139718$uu5.19376@sccrnsc04>,
    > "Trepain" wrote:
    >
    > > Not to feed the trolls... what makes your Mac more capable than a
    > > windows based
    > > machine? What can you possibly do that I cannot?

    > It's not so much "what" as it is "how."
    >
    > I can do anything with my Mac that you can do with your PC, but I

    can do
    > it without:
    >
    > Daily security patches
    > Weekly Viruses and Worms
    > Microsoft 'Spy Ware'
    > WindBlows operating system.
    > And therein lies all the difference I need. And who the **** are

    you to
    > come here and try to tell me that I'm wrong?
    >

    > > --
    > > Trepain
    > > http://www.trepain.com
    > > !Remove "NOSPAM" from email address to reply!
    > > "Brock McNuggets" wrote in message
    > > > On 8/13/03 5:05 PM, in article
    > > > 392ef116.0308131605.6912c030@posting.google.com, "Lord Teviolus"

    > > > Thank you for your insight. I have been using a Mac for years

    and
    > > have
    > > > always greatly preferred them to Win machines (which I also

    use).
    > > Until this
    > > > thought provoking post I always thought Mac was just better.

    Now I
    > > see the
    > > > error in my ways.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks. My life has been changed for the better due to your

    > > knowledge.

  11. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    Daily security patches
    Weekly Viruses and Worms
    Microsoft 'Spy Ware'
    WindBlows operating system.
    And therein lies all the difference I need. And who the **** are you
    come here and try to tell me that I'm wrong?
    ________________________________

    You better tell George ^^^^^^^^ he would be well suited on a Windows
    based computer going by your text below.

    Why are the Macintosh users in here so nasty? What happened to the
    peaceful, artistic, understanding Macintosh users?

    (g)

    --
    "Billy White Jr." wrote in message
    > In article <8MB_a.139718$uu5.19376@sccrnsc04>,
    > "Trepain" wrote:
    >
    > > Not to feed the trolls... what makes your Mac more capable than a
    > > windows based
    > > machine? What can you possibly do that I cannot?

    > Live life without the horrible angst, childish anger, stupidity, and
    > personality defects displayed by the Windows users in this group?

  12. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    "Trepain" wrote:

    > Not to feed the trolls... what makes your Mac more capable than a
    > windows based
    > machine? What can you possibly do that I cannot?

    Open and read e-mail attachments...worry free.

    SD

    > --
    > Trepain
    > http://www.trepain.com
    > !Remove "NOSPAM" from email address to reply!
    > "Brock McNuggets" wrote in message
    > > On 8/13/03 5:05 PM, in article
    > > 392ef116.0308131605.6912c030@posting.google.com, "Lord Teviolus"
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > > Throw away this **** and buy a PC !

    > > Thank you for your insight. I have been using a Mac for years and

    > have
    > > always greatly preferred them to Win machines (which I also use).

    > Until this
    > > thought provoking post I always thought Mac was just better. Now I

    > see the
    > > error in my ways.
    > >
    > > Thanks. My life has been changed for the better due to your

    > knowledge.

  13. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    hehe

    --

    "StormDrain" wrote in message
    > In article <8MB_a.139718$uu5.19376@sccrnsc04>,
    > "Trepain" wrote:
    >
    > > Not to feed the trolls... what makes your Mac more capable than a
    > > windows based
    > > machine? What can you possibly do that I cannot?
    > >

    > Open and read e-mail attachments...worry free.
    >
    > SD
    >
    > > --
    > > Trepain
    > > http://www.trepain.com
    > > !Remove "NOSPAM" from email address to reply!
    > > "Brock McNuggets" wrote in message
    > > > On 8/13/03 5:05 PM, in article
    > > > 392ef116.0308131605.6912c030@posting.google.com, "Lord Teviolus"

    > > > Thank you for your insight. I have been using a Mac for years

    and
    > > have
    > > > always greatly preferred them to Win machines (which I also

    use).
    > > Until this
    > > > thought provoking post I always thought Mac was just better.

    Now I
    > > see the
    > > > error in my ways.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks. My life has been changed for the better due to your

    > > knowledge.

  14. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    In article ,
    "Trepain" wrote:

    > Daily security patches
    > Weekly Viruses and Worms
    > Microsoft 'Spy Ware'
    > WindBlows operating system.
    > And therein lies all the difference I need. And who the **** are you
    > come here and try to tell me that I'm wrong?
    > ________________________________
    >
    > You better tell George ^^^^^^^^ he would be well suited on a Windows
    > based computer going by your text below.
    >
    > Why are the Macintosh users in here so nasty? What happened to the
    > peaceful, artistic, understanding Macintosh users?
    >
    > (g)
    >
    > --
    > Trepain
    > http://www.trepain.com
    > !Remove "NOSPAM" from email address to reply!
    > "Billy White Jr." wrote in message
    > > In article <8MB_a.139718$uu5.19376@sccrnsc04>,
    > > "Trepain" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Not to feed the trolls... what makes your Mac more capable than a
    > > > windows based
    > > > machine? What can you possibly do that I cannot?

    > > Live life without the horrible angst, childish anger, stupidity, and
    > > personality defects displayed by the Windows users in this group?

    You Wintrolls come here to this group to tell me that my choice of
    computer is a piece of **** and then expect civility from me? T%hink
    again, please!

  15. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    In article <3qE_a.96061$cF.29970@rwcrnsc53>,
    "Trepain" wrote:

    > I addressed the virus and worm issue. They do exist on the Macintosh.
    > It's your own platform and it's funny how you apparently were not
    > aware of them.

    Actaully they don't. not on OSX anyway. OTOH, there are literally
    THOUSANDS of Wincrap viruses and worms however.

    > I never said you were wrong. YOU have an obvious anger management
    > issue. Is that how you react when someone asks you a non-threatening
    > question? You have a real problem.

    My anger managment problem is that I no longer have any tolerance for
    Wintrolls. I don't go to Windows groups screaming that Windows is crap,
    why do you jerks come here? Are you so unsure that your choice of
    platform is best, that you have to bait people using other platforms
    just to make yourself feel superior? The very fact that Wintroll post
    here yell me that it's YOU that has the problems!

    > Someone mentioned something to the extent that the Mac could do more
    > and I only asked what a Mac can do that a windows based pc cannot. I
    > am sorry it's such a touchy subject for you...
    >
    > Did I hurt your feelings?

    Not hardly.

    You Wintrolls come here to this group to tell me that my choice of
    computer is a piece of **** and then expect civility from me? Think
    again, please!

    > Trepain
    > http://www.trepain.com
    > !Remove "NOSPAM" from email address to reply!
    > "George Graves" wrote in message
    > > In article <8MB_a.139718$uu5.19376@sccrnsc04>,
    > > "Trepain" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Not to feed the trolls... what makes your Mac more capable than a
    > > > windows based
    > > > machine? What can you possibly do that I cannot?

    > > It's not so much "what" as it is "how."
    > >
    > > I can do anything with my Mac that you can do with your PC, but I

    > can do
    > > it without:
    > >
    > > Daily security patches
    > > Weekly Viruses and Worms
    > > Microsoft 'Spy Ware'
    > > WindBlows operating system.
    > > And therein lies all the difference I need. And who the **** are

    > you to
    > > come here and try to tell me that I'm wrong?
    > >

    > > > --
    > > > Trepain
    > > > http://www.trepain.com
    > > > !Remove "NOSPAM" from email address to reply!
    > > > "Brock McNuggets" wrote in message

    > and
    > > > have

    > use).
    > > > Until this

    > Now I
    > > > see the

    > > > knowledge.

  16. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    In article <4kE_a.96526$Oz4.23290@rwcrnsc54>,
    "Trepain" wrote:

    > Every newspaper uses Mac? Interesting. What is the name of this
    > program? I am interested in researching this. It sounds like a
    > farse...

    I don't know who said this but it's not true. Not EVERY newspaper uses
    Macs but MOST Newspapers do (heck, most publishing is done on Macs)
    running QuarkXpress because PC fonts are non-standard and have no true
    ligatures. Macs also have more reliable PostScript support than do
    Windows machines, but it is possible to publish with Windows, it's just
    more work for less professional looking results, that's all.

    > --
    > Trepain
    > http://www.trepain.com
    > !Remove "NOSPAM" from email address to reply!
    > "Jim DeClercq" wrote in message
    > > Well, when a newspaper runs an advertisement for a Macintosh

    > Operator,
    > > they are not looking for someone who knows where the power switch

    > is.
    > > They are looking for people who know how to use programs used for

    > setting
    > > newspaper advertisements, which do not run, or do not run well, on

    > any
    > > other platform, although Atari has a good one of those.
    > >
    > > It seems that the timing requiremts for a GUI were sorted out around

    > 1984,
    > > and forgotten by everyone but Atari and some models of Macintosh.
    > >
    > > One has to be pretty thick to not notice bad timing in MicroSlop

    > products.
    > > It has been noted that Microsoft products will all suck until they

    > start
    > > making vacuum cleaners.
    > >
    > > Jim
    > >

    > > Trepain writes:
    > >
    > > : Not to feed the trolls... what makes your Mac more capable than a
    > > : windows based
    > > : machine? What can you possibly do that I cannot?
    > >
    > > : --
    > > : Trepain
    > > : http://www.trepain.com
    > > : !Remove "NOSPAM" from email address to reply!
    > > : "Brock McNuggets" wrote in message
    > > : news:BB6027A8.25E04%krappe@cableone.net...
    > > : > On 8/13/03 5:05 PM, in article
    > > : > 392ef116.0308131605.6912c030@posting.google.com, "Lord Teviolus"
    > > : > wrote:
    > > : >
    > > : > > Throw away this **** and buy a PC !
    > > : >
    > > : > Thank you for your insight. I have been using a Mac for years

    > and
    > > : have
    > > : > always greatly preferred them to Win machines (which I also

    > use).
    > > : Until this
    > > : > thought provoking post I always thought Mac was just better.

    > Now I
    > > : see the
    > > : > error in my ways.
    > > : >
    > > : > Thanks. My life has been changed for the better due to your
    > > : knowledge.
    > > : >
    > >

    > > --
    > > --
    > > /"\ Jim DeClercq--jimd@panix.com--Sylvania, Ohio, USA
    > > \ / ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus! |
    > > X against HTML mail | Copy me into your ~/.signature|
    > > / \ and postings | to help me spread! |
    > > .

  17. Could we stop the cross posting please? Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    Our complete tribe of at least 25 users in comp.sys.atari.st are no
    match for this battle. Could we have the group omitted from further
    flamage please

    On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 05:20:45 GMT, George Graves
    wrote:

> [...]

    >> > : > Thank you for your insight. I have been using a Mac for years

    >> and
    >> > : have
    >> > : > always greatly preferred them to Win machines (which I also

    >> use).
    >> > : Until this
    >> > : > thought provoking post I always thought Mac was just better.

    >> Now I
    >> > : see the
    >> > : > error in my ways.
    >> > : >
    >> > : > Thanks. My life has been changed for the better due to your
    >> > : knowledge.
    >> > : >
    >> >

    >> > --
    >> > --
    >> > /"\ Jim DeClercq--jimd@panix.com--Sylvania, Ohio, USA
    >> > \ / ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus! |
    >> > X against HTML mail | Copy me into your ~/.signature|

  18. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    In article <392ef116.0308131605.6912c030@posting.google.com>,
    darmzunge@yahoo.de (Lord Teviolus) wrote:

    > Throw away this **** and buy a PC !

    Throw away this silly pseudonym and contribute something of value to the
    discussion.

  19. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    In article "Trepain" wrote:

    > www.macvirus.com is a site with Mac related virus information. They do
    > exist on the Mac whether you have experienced them or not.

    love how "macvirus.com" hasn't needed an update since Jan 2001...

    no viruses here... mac users are wanting a virus... oh please!!! too bad
    the os doesn't allow for them... so sad...

    Oxford

    -

  20. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    Irrelevant newsgroups, placed by the trolling first poster, removed.

    In article ,
    "Trepain" wrote:

    > www.macvirus.com is a site with Mac related virus information. They do
    > exist on the Mac whether you have experienced them or not.
    >
    > Trojans - http://members.fortunecity.com/reape...i/trojans.html
    > here you will find quite a few. They also exist.

    Ah! "Quite a few," like Nigel Tufnel's amplifier, is now calibrated: It
    goes up to Eleven.

    Anybody seen either of the Harry Potter movies? I really like Ron
    Weasley. He has the *best* facial expressions. I can just imagine him
    reading the web site, dropping his jaw, making his eyes big as saucers,
    and saying, "Woah! Eleven!"

    (What is "virii" the plural of -- virius?)

    Oh, he's got sixteen Mac viruses.

    Woah! *Sixteen* viruses! =

    > FIXING YOUR MAC - Solving Common Mac ERRORS -
    > http://www.macforce.com/support_cure.php - well I guess Macs have
    > errors like any other computer.

    Well, hurrah for you. You've reinvented the straw-man argument. "Hah!
    Those Mac people thonk they're clever, claiming that the Mac has no
    errors whatsoever. Well, I'll show them! I'll just point them to a web
    site that shows fixes for Mac errors. Here's one! It shows five errors.
    Well, that'll fix their wagons and my Windroid buddies will say I'm a
    right nice fellow!"

    I don't recall anyone saying that the Mac never had any errors
    whatsoever. It's just plain to anyone who's used one that the Mac has
    far fewer than Windows.

    > So you never really went into specifics. What can YOU do that I
    > cannot? What can you do better on your Mac? How many times must I ask
    > this?

    There's a whole herd of things that I can do better on a Mac than I can
    do on Windows. I don't like Windows. You demand the Mac to be *better*
    than Windows. I'd say that you can't even show that Windows is *as good
    as* the Mac.

    Anyway, here's my answer: Art, for one thing. I haven't seen a Windows
    computer yet that didn't have squirrelly mouse behavior.

    --
    Woofbert, Chief Rocket Surgeon, Infernosoft
    Woofbert's Law on Learning Linux: When attempting to learn Linux,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast