Macinosh = Crapintosh ! - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Macinosh = Crapintosh ! - Microsoft Windows ; In article , darmzunge@yahoo.de (Lord Teviolus) wrote: > Throw away this **** and buy a PC ! That's like telling somebody to throw away their BMW and buy a Lada. -- C Lund, www.notam02.no/~clund...

  1. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    In article <392ef116.0308131605.6912c030@posting.google.com>,

    --
    C Lund, www.notam02.no/~clund

  2. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    In article <8MB_a.139718$uu5.19376@sccrnsc04>,
    "Trepain" wrote:

    > Not to feed the trolls... what makes your Mac more capable than a
    > windows based
    > machine? What can you possibly do that I cannot?

    We can get our work done instead of working to get the PC to work.

    But seriously, it's not *what* we can do on the mac, it's *how* we can
    do it. BMWs and Ladas will both get you where you want to go.

    For instance, OS X has apparently *finally* gotten it's first virus:

    http://www.lowendmac.com/lite/03/0813.html

    But unlike Blaster: "Whatever, the Switchback virus exists, and it's
    spreading like molasses in January."

    --
    C Lund, www.notam02.no/~clund

  3. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    In article <3qE_a.96061$cF.29970@rwcrnsc53>,
    "Trepain" wrote:

    > I addressed the virus and worm issue. They do exist on the Macintosh.
    > It's your own platform

    Yeah; we have *one*.

    > and it's funny how you apparently were not
    > aware of them.

    We weren't aware of it because - unlike Blaster - it doesn't go on a
    wild rampage throughout the internet.

    --
    C Lund, www.notam02.no/~clund

  4. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    Irrelevant newsgroups snipped.

    "Trepain" wrote:

    > I addressed the virus and worm issue. They do exist on the Macintosh.
    > It's your own platform and it's funny how you apparently were not
    > aware of them.

    Macintosh: Dozens of viruses.
    Windows: Fifty thousand viruses

    Yay Windows!

    http://www.cknow.com/vtutor/vtnumber.htm
    http://www.symantec.ca/press/1997/n970114.html

    > I never said you were wrong. YOU have an obvious anger management
    > issue. Is that how you react when someone asks you a non-threatening
    > question? You have a real problem.
    >
    > Someone mentioned something to the extent that the Mac could do more
    > and I only asked what a Mac can do that a windows based pc cannot. I
    > am sorry it's such a touchy subject for you...

    Snot really a touchy subject for me.

    For any given problem domain, someone has probably written solutions for
    Windows as well as for Macintosh. It is even likely that there are a few
    niches here and there for which there is only Windows software. (In
    fact, I once wrote a custom piece of software that ran on one PC to
    control the manufacture of giant electric band-aids. [I purged Windows
    form that PC because every time someone launched Windows, the whole
    machine would have a great spasm as Windows "tested" the i/o ports that
    controlled it. That was dangerous and could have damaged the machine.])

    Of course, your question is like asking where a Ford Escort can go that
    a BMW 320i cannot. I know which one I'd rather drive. Similarly, for
    just about every business or creative tasks, I'd rather use a Macintosh.

    > Did I hurt your feelings?

    Don't flatter yourself.

    --
    Woofbert, Chief Rocket Surgeon, Infernosoft
    Woofbert's Law on Learning Linux: When attempting to learn Linux,

  5. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    In article ,
    "Trepain" wrote:

    > Why are the Macintosh users in here so nasty? What happened to the
    > peaceful, artistic, understanding Macintosh users?

    Do you think maybe it was because in article
    <392ef116.0308131605.6912c030@posting.google.com>,
    darmzunge@yahoo.de (Lord Teviolus) wrote:

    > Throw away this **** and buy a PC !

    ?

    Hey, maybe you could have a go at explaining who's nasty and aggressive
    here. That would be fun.

    --
    Woofbert, Chief Rocket Surgeon, Infernosoft
    Woofbert's Law on Learning Linux: When attempting to learn Linux,
    study it thoroughly before you begin.

  6. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    "Elizabot" wrote in message
    > http://www.flamingmailbox.com/maccom...s/pcshoot.html

    heh, it looks like a Compaq being toasted. No matter how much of a PC
    advocate somebody is, they really should hate Compaq machines.

    --
    White Flame (aka David Holz)
    http://www.white-flame.com/

  7. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    C Lund wrote:

    > In article <3qE_a.96061$cF.29970@rwcrnsc53>,
    > "Trepain" wrote:
    >
    >> I addressed the virus and worm issue. They do exist on the Macintosh.
    >> It's your own platform

    > Yeah; we have *one*.
    >
    >> and it's funny how you apparently were not aware of them.

    > We weren't aware of it because - unlike Blaster - it doesn't go on a
    > wild rampage throughout the internet.

    That's because there aren't enough hosts for the virus/worm and it dies out,
    just like the "life" game.

    That's always the problem with monocultures, susceptability to infection. If
    we had equal numbers of Windows, Apple, Linux machines viruses would have a
    hard time propogating, and the script kiddies that create them would turn
    their destructive talents to some other hobby.

    If Gates realises his ambition of the XP kernel running on every desktop and
    server on the planet one carefully crafted infection could destroy
    everything.

    --

    Peter

    Remove NOSPAM. to e-mail

  8. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    C Lund wrote:

    > In article ,
    > "Trepain" wrote:
    >
    >> www.macvirus.com is a site with Mac related virus information. They do
    >> exist on the Mac whether you have experienced them or not.

    > If you actually read that page, one of the first things you'll see is:
    > "Last updated 28th January 2001".
    >
    > Hardly symptomatic of a virus-ridden platform, eh? Furthermore, the
    > viruses listed in this website were all written for the *old* MacOS, and
    > will not run on OS X. And even back then, there were only three viruses
    > maccies needed to worry about; Sevendust (aka 666), Code (something or
    > other), and the Hong Kong worm.

    There was the "autostart" worm that slowed your machine to a crawl after half
    an hour or so - or is that just a different name for one of those you listed?

    --

    Peter

    Remove NOSPAM. to e-mail

  9. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    In article <4llfhb.ev1.ln@vlad.seahaze>,
    Peter Hayes wrote:

    > > Hardly symptomatic of a virus-ridden platform, eh? Furthermore, the
    > > viruses listed in this website were all written for the *old* MacOS, and
    > > will not run on OS X. And even back then, there were only three viruses
    > > maccies needed to worry about; Sevendust (aka 666), Code (something or
    > > other), and the Hong Kong worm.

    > There was the "autostart" worm that slowed your machine to a crawl after half
    > an hour or so - or is that just a different name for one of those you listed?

    It's the same as the Hong Kong Worm. Turning off the autostart function
    in QT would disable it.

    --
    C Lund, www.notam02.no/~clund

  10. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    I cut and pasted the test below from www.quark.com :

    QuarkXPress General FAQ

    What is QuarkXPress?

    QuarkXPressT software is an easy-to-use, integrated page layout
    publishing package. Its powerful interface lets you combine writing,
    editing, and typography with color and pictures to produce final paper
    output, film output, or Web pages.

    QuarkXPress 6 is available for Mac OS X v10.2, Windows XP, and Windows
    2000.

    ---

    This reminds me of the Macintosh fans years ago using their photoshop
    argument to try and convince everyone of the superiority of the
    platform based on a couple pieces of software.

    Fortunately for the Windows users photo Photoshop and Quark are
    available on the PC so I don't think the Quark argument is even worth
    mentioning. I don't think the original Mac poster knew that.

    Here's an interesting article to read -
    http://www.digitalvideoediting.com/2...cw_macvspc2.ht

    Trepain
    http://www.trepain.com
    !Remove "NOSPAM" from email address to reply!

    "George Graves" wrote in message
    > In article <4kE_a.96526$Oz4.23290@rwcrnsc54>,
    > "Trepain" wrote:
    >
    > > Every newspaper uses Mac? Interesting. What is the name of this
    > > program? I am interested in researching this. It sounds like a
    > > farse...

    > I don't know who said this but it's not true. Not EVERY newspaper

    uses
    > Macs but MOST Newspapers do (heck, most publishing is done on Macs)
    > running QuarkXpress because PC fonts are non-standard and have no

    true
    > ligatures. Macs also have more reliable PostScript support than do
    > Windows machines, but it is possible to publish with Windows, it's

    just
    > more work for less professional looking results, that's all.
    >
    > > --
    > > Trepain
    > > http://www.trepain.com
    > > !Remove "NOSPAM" from email address to reply!
    > > "Jim DeClercq" wrote in message
    > > > Well, when a newspaper runs an advertisement for a Macintosh

    > > Operator,
    > > > they are not looking for someone who knows where the power

    switch
    > > is.
    > > > They are looking for people who know how to use programs used

    for
    > > setting
    > > > newspaper advertisements, which do not run, or do not run well,

    on
    > > any
    > > > other platform, although Atari has a good one of those.
    > > >
    > > > It seems that the timing requiremts for a GUI were sorted out

    around
    > > 1984,
    > > > and forgotten by everyone but Atari and some models of

    Macintosh.

    > > > One has to be pretty thick to not notice bad timing in MicroSlop

    > > products.
    > > > It has been noted that Microsoft products will all suck until

    they
    > > start
    > > > making vacuum cleaners.
    > > >
    > > > Jim
    > > >

    > > > Trepain writes:
    > > >
    > > > : Not to feed the trolls... what makes your Mac more capable

    than a
    > > > : windows based
    > > > : machine? What can you possibly do that I cannot?
    > > >
    > > > : --
    > > > : Trepain
    > > > : http://www.trepain.com
    > > > : !Remove "NOSPAM" from email address to reply!
    > > > : "Brock McNuggets" wrote in message
    > > > : news:BB6027A8.25E04%krappe@cableone.net...
    > > > : > On 8/13/03 5:05 PM, in article
    > > > : > 392ef116.0308131605.6912c030@posting.google.com, "Lord

    Teviolus"
    > > > : > wrote:
    > > > : >
    > > > : > > Throw away this **** and buy a PC !
    > > > : >
    > > > : > Thank you for your insight. I have been using a Mac for

    years
    > > and
    > > > : have
    > > > : > always greatly preferred them to Win machines (which I also

    > > use).
    > > > : Until this
    > > > : > thought provoking post I always thought Mac was just better.

    > > Now I
    > > > : see the
    > > > : > error in my ways.
    > > > : >
    > > > : > Thanks. My life has been changed for the better due to your
    > > > : knowledge.
    > > > : >
    > > >

    > > > --
    > > > --
    > > > /"\ Jim DeClercq--jimd@panix.com--Sylvania, Ohio, USA
    > > > \ / ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!

    > > > X against HTML mail | Copy me into your

    ~/.signature|
    > > > / \ and postings | to help me spread!

    > > > .

  11. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    hehe. That's true. Blaster seems pretty impressive. I can tell you
    I wasn't thinking that when my winbloze pc was shutting down every
    couple of minutes Monday night. I think it's the first virus I have
    gotten. I have been using the pc for approximately 10 years. Not
    bad.

    --

    "C Lund" wrote in message
    > In article <3qE_a.96061$cF.29970@rwcrnsc53>,
    > "Trepain" wrote:
    >
    > > I addressed the virus and worm issue. They do exist on the

    Macintosh.
    > > It's your own platform

    > Yeah; we have *one*.
    >
    > > and it's funny how you apparently were not
    > > aware of them.

    > We weren't aware of it because - unlike Blaster - it doesn't go on a
    > wild rampage throughout the internet.
    >
    > --
    > C Lund, www.notam02.no/~clund

  12. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    I understand what you are saying by it's how we can do it. I just
    cannot relate not
    being a Mac owner so I don't know how it applies with your machine v
    mine. Thank you for telling me your reason.

    --
    "C Lund" wrote in message
    > In article <8MB_a.139718$uu5.19376@sccrnsc04>,
    > "Trepain" wrote:
    >
    > > Not to feed the trolls... what makes your Mac more capable than a
    > > windows based
    > > machine? What can you possibly do that I cannot?

    > We can get our work done instead of working to get the PC to work.

    > But seriously, it's not *what* we can do on the mac, it's *how* we

    can
    > do it. BMWs and Ladas will both get you where you want to go.
    >
    > For instance, OS X has apparently *finally* gotten it's first virus:
    >
    > http://www.lowendmac.com/lite/03/0813.html
    >
    > But unlike Blaster: "Whatever, the Switchback virus exists, and it's
    > spreading like molasses in January."
    >
    > --
    > C Lund, www.notam02.no/~clund

  13. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    George Graves wrote:
    > In article <3qE_a.96061$cF.29970@rwcrnsc53>,
    > "Trepain" wrote:
    >
    >> I addressed the virus and worm issue. They do exist on the
    >> Macintosh. It's your own platform and it's funny how you apparently
    >> were not aware of them.

    > Actaully they don't. not on OSX anyway. OTOH, there are literally
    > THOUSANDS of Wincrap viruses and worms however.
    >
    >> I never said you were wrong. YOU have an obvious anger management
    >> issue. Is that how you react when someone asks you a non-threatening
    >> question? You have a real problem.

    > My anger managment problem is that I no longer have any tolerance for
    > Wintrolls. I don't go to Windows groups screaming that Windows is
    > crap, why do you jerks come here? Are you so unsure that your choice
    > of platform is best, that you have to bait people using other
    > platforms just to make yourself feel superior? The very fact that
    > Wintroll post here yell me that it's YOU that has the problems!
    >
    >> Someone mentioned something to the extent that the Mac could do more
    >> and I only asked what a Mac can do that a windows based pc cannot.
    >> I am sorry it's such a touchy subject for you...
    >>
    >> Did I hurt your feelings?

    > Not hardly.
    >
    > You Wintrolls come here to this group to tell me that my choice of
    > computer is a piece of **** and then expect civility from me? Think
    > again, please!

    Think AGAIN George? He has yet to start...

    >> Trepain
    >> http://www.trepain.com
    >> !Remove "NOSPAM" from email address to reply!
    >> "George Graves" wrote in message

    >>> It's not so much "what" as it is "how."
    >>>
    >>> I can do anything with my Mac that you can do with your PC, but I
    >>> can do it without:
    >>>
    >>> Daily security patches
    >>> Weekly Viruses and Worms
    >>> Microsoft 'Spy Ware'
    >>> WindBlows operating system.
    >>> And therein lies all the difference I need. And who the **** are
    >>> you to come here and try to tell me that I'm wrong?

  14. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    George Graves wrote:

    > You Wintrolls come here to this group

    Umm... You DO realize that this message was CROSSPOSTED to several
    groups including the Atari ST group? But as a Mac user, I'm sure you
    were smart enough to realize that. Silly me.

    --
    Gregory D. George

    Email: http://www.ataritimes.com/email

    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    - ||| ||| -
    = ||| Visit The Atari Times Website! ||| =
    - / | \ http://www.ataritimes.com / | \ -
    = ATARI ATARI =
    - DO+THE Buy Something Atari Today! HYPAT? -
    = MATH http://www.ataritimes.com/store =
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

  15. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    There's no need to if the link below is factual.

    Is the virus at http://www.lowendmac.com/lite/03/0813.html a hoax?

    I am not sure how we got into viruses. This is traveling down all
    kinds of over avenues. I do agree that the amount of trojans and
    viruses on the windows based platform is an obvious disadvantage when
    comparing the two operating systems; without getting into adding virus
    checkers, firewalls, etc. to XP.

    Again, what can you do that I am unable to do? That was my original
    question. Not a debate in which OS is more prone to attacks (XP) or
    which OS crashes more often (XP). I don't think XP is perfect. I
    never said it was superior when compared to OSX.

    I can build a FASTER Windows based machine compared to any Mac you
    could purchase. That's just a fact. That does not serve any purpose
    here like the virus and trojan issue. It just serves to distract and
    complicate everything...

    --

    --
    Trepain
    http://www.trepain.com
    !Remove "NOSPAM" from email address to reply!

  16. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    In article <5IL_a.99826$It4.48894@rwcrnsc51.ops.asp.att.net>,
    "Trepain" wrote:

    > I cut and pasted the test below from www.quark.com :
    >
    > QuarkXPress General FAQ
    >
    > What is QuarkXPress?
    >
    > QuarkXPressT software is an easy-to-use, integrated page layout
    > publishing package. Its powerful interface lets you combine writing,
    > editing, and typography with color and pictures to produce final paper
    > output, film output, or Web pages.
    >
    > QuarkXPress 6 is available for Mac OS X v10.2, Windows XP, and Windows
    > 2000.
    >
    > ---
    >
    > This reminds me of the Macintosh fans years ago using their photoshop
    > argument to try and convince everyone of the superiority of the
    > platform based on a couple pieces of software.
    >
    > Fortunately for the Windows users photo Photoshop and Quark are
    > available on the PC so I don't think the Quark argument is even worth
    > mentioning. I don't think the original Mac poster knew that.

    Learn to read more carefully please. I didn't say that newspapers and
    publishers use Macs because of QuarkXpress, I said that they used Macs
    RUNNING QuarkXpress because PC's have NON-STANDARD font metrics and NO
    TRUE LIGATURES in their typefaces, and because Macs work more reliably
    with PostScript than do PCs.

    > Here's an interesting article to read -
    > http://www.digitalvideoediting.com/2...cw_macvspc2.ht
    >
    > --
    > Trepain
    > http://www.trepain.com
    > !Remove "NOSPAM" from email address to reply!
    >
    > "George Graves" wrote in message
    > > In article <4kE_a.96526$Oz4.23290@rwcrnsc54>,
    > > "Trepain" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Every newspaper uses Mac? Interesting. What is the name of this
    > > > program? I am interested in researching this. It sounds like a
    > > > farse...

    > > I don't know who said this but it's not true. Not EVERY newspaper

    > uses
    > > Macs but MOST Newspapers do (heck, most publishing is done on Macs)
    > > running QuarkXpress because PC fonts are non-standard and have no

    > true
    > > ligatures. Macs also have more reliable PostScript support than do
    > > Windows machines, but it is possible to publish with Windows, it's

    > just
    > > more work for less professional looking results, that's all.
    > >
    > > > --
    > > > Trepain
    > > > http://www.trepain.com
    > > > !Remove "NOSPAM" from email address to reply!
    > > > "Jim DeClercq" wrote in message
    > > > Operator,

    > switch
    > > > is.

    > for
    > > > setting

    > on
    > > > any

    > around
    > > > 1984,

    > Macintosh.

    > > > products.

    > they
    > > > start

    > than a

    > Teviolus"

    > years
    > > > and
    > > > use).
    > > > Now I

    > ~/.signature|

  17. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    In article ,
    "Steve Mackay" wrote:

    > George Graves wrote:
    > > In article <3qE_a.96061$cF.29970@rwcrnsc53>,
    > > "Trepain" wrote:
    > >
    > >> I addressed the virus and worm issue. They do exist on the
    > >> Macintosh. It's your own platform and it's funny how you apparently
    > >> were not aware of them.

    > > Actaully they don't. not on OSX anyway. OTOH, there are literally
    > > THOUSANDS of Wincrap viruses and worms however.
    > >
    > >> I never said you were wrong. YOU have an obvious anger management
    > >> issue. Is that how you react when someone asks you a non-threatening
    > >> question? You have a real problem.

    > > My anger managment problem is that I no longer have any tolerance for
    > > Wintrolls. I don't go to Windows groups screaming that Windows is
    > > crap, why do you jerks come here? Are you so unsure that your choice
    > > of platform is best, that you have to bait people using other
    > > platforms just to make yourself feel superior? The very fact that
    > > Wintroll post here yell me that it's YOU that has the problems!
    > >
    > >> Someone mentioned something to the extent that the Mac could do more
    > >> and I only asked what a Mac can do that a windows based pc cannot.
    > >> I am sorry it's such a touchy subject for you...
    > >>
    > >> Did I hurt your feelings?

    > > Not hardly.
    > >
    > > You Wintrolls come here to this group to tell me that my choice of
    > > computer is a piece of **** and then expect civility from me? Think
    > > again, please!

    > Think AGAIN George? He has yet to start...

    Sorry, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.

    > >> Trepain
    > >> http://www.trepain.com
    > >> !Remove "NOSPAM" from email address to reply!
    > >> "George Graves" wrote in message

  18. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    In article Peter Hayes wrote:

    > > We weren't aware of it because - unlike Blaster - it doesn't go on a
    > > wild rampage throughout the internet.

    > That's because there aren't enough hosts for the virus/worm and it dies out,
    > just like the "life" game.

    incorrect... windows has flaws that allow propagation to happen... it's
    how windows is designed that is at issue... if things were reversed,
    windows still would have 99% of the viruses.

    > That's always the problem with monocultures, susceptability to infection. If
    > we had equal numbers of Windows, Apple, Linux machines viruses would have a
    > hard time propogating, and the script kiddies that create them would turn
    > their destructive talents to some other hobby.

    it has nothing to do with monocultures, it's bad coding on MS's part...

    > If Gates realises his ambition of the XP kernel running on every desktop and
    > server on the planet one carefully crafted infection could destroy
    > everything.

    not likely, but it does show that he doesn't employ the best people to
    cobbled together the code that has been purchased elsewhere.

    Oxford

    -

  19. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    In article ,
    "Trepain" wrote:

> [...]

    > I watched Bowling for Columbine yesterday and it reminds me of the
    > movie.
    >
    > ---
    >
    > Moore - So why do you think there are more viruses destroying
    > computers on the PC ?
    > Citizen - I think because the PC has more violent video games...
    > Moore - Well the Macintosh has violent first person shooters too, but
    > you don't see hordes of malicious programmers trying to destroy them.
    >
    > hehe
    >
    > If anything the idea that far less Mac users (in proportion) take
    > advantage of anti-virus software tells me that if someone really
    > wanted to do some damage the Mac platform is an excellent target. I
    > do agree that it's not likely, but please stop saying it's impossible
    > because they do exist.
    >
    > Why must everyone deal with obsolutes in here?
    >
    > There are viruses on the Mac. Yes even OSx. Do a google search.
    >
    > > My anger managment problem is that I no longer have any tolerance

    > for
    > > Wintrolls. I don't go to Windows groups screaming that Windows is

    > crap,
    > > why do you jerks come here? Are you so unsure that your choice of
    > > platform is best, that you have to bait people using other platforms
    > > just to make yourself feel superior? The very fact that Wintroll

    > post
    > > here yell me that it's YOU that has the problems!

    > Again - what is your problem? Show me one post from this thread where
    > I actually state that the Mac is trash. I never did! I was reading a
    > message in comp.sys.cbm and a Mac user mentioned that their Mac allows
    > them to do MORE than a Windows based machine. My question the entire
    > time has been how?
    >
    > Again, I am just responding to something that was said. My mind is
    > not set either way. I recall being on the defensive like yourself for
    > many years when I was vehemently defending my precious Amiga. I know
    > how it feels, but I have not done any attacking so I think you should
    > calm down and come to that realization.
    >
    > > Not hardly.
    > >
    > > You Wintrolls come here to this group to tell me that my choice of
    > > computer is a piece of **** and then expect civility from me? Think
    > > again, please!

    > I never said that. I am sorry if so many other Windows users from
    > your experience have demonstrated that level of ignorance.
    >
    > You have to realize you are posting to someone who continues to use a
    > Commodore 64, Amiga, and other older computers. I think all computers
    > are great.
    >
    > I personally believe in the merits of both and I personally don't feel
    > one is superior over the other in terms of functionality. Their
    > processing power seems to flip flop. Macs have been faster at some
    > time. Intel/Athlon another (currently).
    >
    > I don't want to hear about the software on the Macintosh when it's
    > available on the PC. Re Adobe software solutions and Quark for

    But what you do need to understand is that just because the same
    software is available on both platforms, it doesn't necessarily mean
    that it will do as GOOD a job on the other platform or that the program
    on the other platform is as complete or has the same feature set. So
    there CAN BE and often ARE difference that make a big difference in
    wheather or not the job at hand can be done on both platforms. Windows
    has non-standard typography and no true ligatures, for instance, this
    makes it very difficult to use the platform in professional publishing
    even though the publishing soiftware is available on both PC and Mac.

  20. Re: Macinosh = Crapintosh !

    C Lund wrote:

    > In article <4llfhb.ev1.ln@vlad.seahaze>,
    > Peter Hayes wrote:
    >
    >> > Hardly symptomatic of a virus-ridden platform, eh? Furthermore, the
    >> > viruses listed in this website were all written for the *old* MacOS, and
    >> > will not run on OS X. And even back then, there were only three viruses
    >> > maccies needed to worry about; Sevendust (aka 666), Code (something or
    >> > other), and the Hong Kong worm.

    >> There was the "autostart" worm that slowed your machine to a crawl after
    >> half an hour or so - or is that just a different name for one of those you
    >> listed?

    > It's the same as the Hong Kong Worm. Turning off the autostart function
    > in QT would disable it.

    We caught the virus off two supposedly "new" hard drives, just formatted...

    --

    Peter

    Remove NOSPAM. to e-mail