Re: How much will Microsoft be fined? - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Re: How much will Microsoft be fined? - Microsoft Windows ; >>>>> "phil" == phil hunt writes: phil> It looks like the EU is going to fine Microsoft for its phil> monopolistic practises. Any guesses as to how big the fine phil> will be? The maximum fine is 10% of global ...

  1. Re: How much will Microsoft be fined?

    phil> It looks like the EU is going to fine Microsoft for its
    phil> monopolistic practises. Any guesses as to how big the fine
    phil> will be? The maximum fine is 10% of global sales, which in
    phil> Microsoft's case would be US$ 3.2 billion, which is roughly
    phil> the same number of Euros.

    No. They're are roughly the same. It's now 1US$ = 1.1x Euro. That
    10 % higher than the 1:1 rate. And 10% out of 3.2 billion is 320
    million -- not a small sum.

    Moreover, if MS is really fined that much and they have to pay in
    Euros, then that could push the price of Euros to a new high!

    --
    Lee Sau Dan u(Big5) ~{@nJX6X~}(HZ)

    E-mail: danlee@informatik.uni-freiburg.de

  2. Re: How much will Microsoft be fined?

    danlee@informatik.uni-freiburg.de wrote:

    > phil> It looks like the EU is going to fine Microsoft for its
    > phil> monopolistic practises. Any guesses as to how big the fine
    > phil> will be? The maximum fine is 10% of global sales, which in
    > phil> Microsoft's case would be US$ 3.2 billion, which is roughly
    > phil> the same number of Euros.
    >
    > No. They're are roughly the same. It's now 1US$ = 1.1x Euro. That
    > 10 % higher than the 1:1 rate. And 10% out of 3.2 billion is 320
    > million -- not a small sum.

    I think you got that the wrong way, at least according to my bank, which
    states that the exchange rate is 1 EUR = 1,12 USD..

    -JP

+ Reply to Thread