Re: Platform Statistics - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Re: Platform Statistics - Microsoft Windows ; Alan Whitener wrote: > Hi! > > Does anyone know where I could find statistics on how many companies use > Microsoft 2K for Web servers versus how use Unix-family platforms? > > > TIA > Alan > > http://news.netcraft.com/archives/we...er_survey.html ...

  1. Re: Platform Statistics

    Alan Whitener wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > Does anyone know where I could find statistics on how many companies use
    > Microsoft 2K for Web servers versus how use Unix-family platforms?
    >

    > TIA
    > Alan

    http://news.netcraft.com/archives/we...er_survey.html should be a start.

    M$ at about 25%, loooong way behind Apache at about 68%, although
    Windows Server 2003 is getting deployed more and more.

    =:~)

    --
    news at cdss dot fsnet dot co dot uk

  2. Re: Platform Statistics

    On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 04:27:56 +0100, news@nospam.comINVALID blathered and smoked:

    > Alan Whitener wrote:
    >
    >> Hi!
    >>
    >> Does anyone know where I could find statistics on how many companies use
    >> Microsoft 2K for Web servers versus how use Unix-family platforms?
    >>

    >> TIA
    >> Alan
    >>

    > http://news.netcraft.com/archives/we...er_survey.html should be a start.
    >
    > M$ at about 25%, loooong way behind Apache at about 68%, although
    > Windows Server 2003 is getting deployed more and more.
    >
    >=:~)

    The more they find things like the following, the more that trend will
    diminish:

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2003Jul17.html

    I do suspect this is only the beginning. And probably not even the only
    one they know about and haven't mentioned to anyone else. After all,
    that's the whole purpose behind Trustworthy Computing(tm)(C)(P)(R).

    --
    "Welcome to Microsoft support. May I ask which version of Code Red
    you're running?"

+ Reply to Thread