Hi there,

I have a conceptual problem with windows memory management mechanism.
In the 80x86 microprocessors the segmentation mechanism is a most
important mechanism for memory management and then paging also can
either being used or not by setting or resetting the PG bit. The
segmentation mechanism is used to make the microprocessor secure using
segmentation protection checking. On the other hand windows totally
does not used segmentation mechanism and make it disable by assigning
all the segment registers a base, zero and limit, 4GB. So my question
is what segmentation problem is? And why Microsoft people do not use
it? And then how windows apply security features?

Thanks