XP x64 or Vista?? - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on XP x64 or Vista?? - Microsoft Windows ; I am looking to upgrade my OS from XP and was wondering about either XP x64 or Vista. My current motherboard will support up to 8 GB, but only with a 64 bit OS....

  1. XP x64 or Vista??

    I am looking to upgrade my OS from XP and was wondering about either XP
    x64 or Vista. My current motherboard will support up to 8 GB, but only
    with a 64 bit OS.

  2. Re: XP x64 or Vista??

    "No One" wrote in message
    > I am looking to upgrade my OS from XP and was wondering about either XP
    > x64 or Vista. My current motherboard will support up to 8 GB, but only
    > with a 64 bit OS.

    I built a machine for my girlfriend who uses Photoshop and went with XP_64.

    It works nearly flawlessly and has pretty good driver support. (Not as good
    a driver base as XP_32 however)

    OTOH: Vista_64 is still lagging quite a bit in driver support...so I would
    *definately* recommend XP_64.

    Not only that...there are still a few bug to worked out with Vista...and XP
    has been around long enough that it's been pretty well de-bugged.

  3. Re: XP x64 or Vista??

    xp
    "No One" wrote in message
    >I am looking to upgrade my OS from XP and was wondering about either XP x64
    >or Vista. My current motherboard will support up to 8 GB, but only with a
    >64 bit OS.

+ Reply to Thread