IE dies on start up - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on IE dies on start up - Microsoft Windows ; When I try to start IE I get the following error message: R6025 -pure virtual function call When I click the error popup to close IE dies. I found the problem on a MS Support page: FIX: Error message when ...

  1. IE dies on start up

    When I try to start IE I get the following error message:
    R6025
    -pure virtual function call

    When I click the error popup to close IE dies.

    I found the problem on a MS Support page:
    FIX: Error message when you run Internet Explorer 6 on a
    computer that is running Windows XP: "Runtime Error"
    Article ID : 925418
    Last Review : November 15, 2007
    Revision : 2.3

    They describe the entire behavior correctly. For a resolution they
    point you to a download web site. The problem is that the download
    site requires IE to operate. So their resolution for a browser that
    dies
    is to update the browser software from a site that requires the
    browser.

    Do they do in Quality Assurance on the support site? So I am here
    with no way to fix IE on my system.

    Gary

  2. Re: IE dies on start up

    Gary wrote in
    ups.com:

    > When I try to start IE I get the following error message:
    > R6025
    > -pure virtual function call
    >
    > When I click the error popup to close IE dies.
    >
    > I found the problem on a MS Support page:
    > FIX: Error message when you run Internet Explorer 6 on a
    > computer that is running Windows XP: "Runtime Error"
    > Article ID : 925418
    > Last Review : November 15, 2007
    > Revision : 2.3
    >
    > They describe the entire behavior correctly. For a
    > resolution they point you to a download web site. The
    > problem is that the download site requires IE to operate.
    > So their resolution for a browser that dies
    > is to update the browser software from a site that requires
    > the browser.
    >
    > Do they do in Quality Assurance on the support site? So I
    > am here with no way to fix IE on my system.
    >
    > Gary

    Don't you just LOVE MS "logic"?

    Consider yourself lucky. DL Opera 7.x from www.oldversion.com
    and/or offbyone from www.offbyone.com, and forget about the
    piece of crap that IE always was, is, and will be.

    --
    The only cure for stupidity is death.
    The only cure for brilliance is death.

  3. Re: IE dies on start up

    On Dec 7, 12:29 pm, thanatoid wrote:
    > Gary wrote innews:c9fda869-f01b-4c1d-b066-b3417c4dae7c@e6g2000prf.googlegro
    > ups.com:
    >

    > > When I try to start IE I get the following error message:
    > > R6025
    > > -pure virtual function call

    > > When I click the error popup to close IE dies.

    > > I found the problem on a MS Support page:
    > > FIX: Error message when you run Internet Explorer 6 on a
    > > computer that is running Windows XP: "Runtime Error"
    > > Article ID : 925418
    > > Last Review : November 15, 2007
    > > Revision : 2.3

    > > They describe the entire behavior correctly. For a
    > > resolution they point you to a download web site. The
    > > problem is that the download site requires IE to operate.
    > > So their resolution for a browser that dies
    > > is to update the browser software from a site that requires
    > > the browser.

    > > Do they do in Quality Assurance on the support site? So I
    > > am here with no way to fix IE on my system.

    > > Gary

    > Don't you just LOVE MS "logic"?
    >
    > Consider yourself lucky. DL Opera 7.x fromwww.oldversion.com
    > and/or offbyone fromwww.offbyone.com, and forget about the
    > piece of crap that IE always was, is, and will be.
    >
    > --
    > The only cure for stupidity is death.
    > The only cure for brilliance is death.
    > {(c) 2007 thanatoid}

    I have Opera, Netsacape, Firefox and Safari on my system. Like I said
    I don't use IE much
    but need it to test web page compatibility.

  4. Re: IE dies on start up

    Gary wrote:
    > When I try to start IE I get the following error message:
    > R6025
    > -pure virtual function call
    >
    > When I click the error popup to close IE dies.
    >
    > I found the problem on a MS Support page:
    > FIX: Error message when you run Internet Explorer 6 on a
    > computer that is running Windows XP: "Runtime Error"
    > Article ID : 925418
    > Last Review : November 15, 2007
    > Revision : 2.3
    >
    > They describe the entire behavior correctly. For a resolution they
    > point you to a download web site. The problem is that the download
    > site requires IE to operate. So their resolution for a browser that
    > dies
    > is to update the browser software from a site that requires the
    > browser.
    >
    > Do they do in Quality Assurance on the support site? So I am here
    > with no way to fix IE on my system.

    Catch 22 (Ver 2.0) (c) Microsoft.

    Obviously to get round this loony state of affairs you'll have to
    install another browser, Firefox for example. Someone should be able to
    stick it on a USB key for you (as you can't download) or you can find it
    on a free magazine CD. Of course once you install it you might not want
    IE any more, but that's another story, at least it will get you round
    the problem.

    This being said, you should be installing IE7 by now which is better
    than 6 if only for the tabs.

  5. Re: IE dies on start up

    Gary wrote in
    ups.com:

    > On Dec 7, 12:29 pm, thanatoid
    > wrote:
    >> Gary wrote
    >> innews:c9fda869-f01b-4c1d-b066-b3417c4dae7c@e6g2000prf.goog
    >> legro ups.com:
    >>

    >> > When I try to start IE I get the following error
    >> > message: R6025
    >> > -pure virtual function call

    >> > When I click the error popup to close IE dies.

    >> > I found the problem on a MS Support page:
    >> > FIX: Error message when you run Internet Explorer 6 on a
    >> > computer that is running Windows XP: "Runtime Error"
    >> > Article ID : 925418
    >> > Last Review : November 15, 2007
    >> > Revision : 2.3

    >> > They describe the entire behavior correctly. For a
    >> > resolution they point you to a download web site. The
    >> > problem is that the download site requires IE to
    >> > operate. So their resolution for a browser that dies
    >> > is to update the browser software from a site that
    >> > requires the browser.

    >> > Do they do in Quality Assurance on the support site? So
    >> > I am here with no way to fix IE on my system.

    >> > Gary

    >> Don't you just LOVE MS "logic"?
    >>
    >> Consider yourself lucky. DL Opera 7.x
    >> fromwww.oldversion.com and/or offbyone
    >> fromwww.offbyone.com, and forget about the piece of crap
    >> that IE always was, is, and will be.
    >>
    >> --
    >> The only cure for stupidity is death.
    >> The only cure for brilliance is death.
    >> {(c) 2007 thanatoid}

    > I have Opera, Netsacape, Firefox and Safari on my system.
    > Like I said I don't use IE much
    > but need it to test web page compatibility.

    (Lashing out at IE has become a little TOO automatic for me...)

    I keep on forgetting that there are people who do what you do. I
    myself don't have a web site and probably never will.

    Just on the extremely remote chance you are not familiar with
    it:
    www.anybrowser.com
    ....although for all *I* know it may be totally useless :=)

    Regards.
    t.

    --
    The only cure for stupidity is death.