    Any help is very appreciated.

    Regards, Ludwig

  2. Re: MS Win2000: How to delete IExplorer and Outlook

    On 2007-11-25, Ludwig Maetzke wrote:

    > are there any recommendable freeware tools that can do this?
    > I use Firefox and Thunderbird and need more free space on my hard disk.
    > Any help is very appreciated.

    IExplorer and Outlook are just front-ends to a large pile of shared code
    deeply embedded in Windows. You're not going to save a whole lot of
    space by deleting them; most of the functional code is used throughout
    Windows and can't be gotten rid of without causing a whole heap o'
    trouble.

    --

    John (john@os2.dhs.org)

  3. Re: MS Win2000: How to delete IExplorer and Outlook

    Ludwig Maetzke wrote in

    > Hello folks,
    >
    > are there any recommendable freeware tools that can do
    > this? I use Firefox and Thunderbird and need more free
    > space on my hard disk. Any help is very appreciated.
    >
    > Regards, Ludwig

    Not free, but works beautifully, in spite of what Microsoft
    droids keep on bleating.

    www.litepc.com

    BTW, removing IE even with this program is not going to make
    your space problem go away, not for a very long time, anyway.

    While I am all for deleting one of the worst pieces of software
    ever written, you should also just add another hard drive.
    They're pretty damn cheap these days.

    OR store stuff you don't use all the time on CD/DVD r's,
    additional advantage being that CD/DVD's can't crash.

+ Reply to Thread