w2k - no SHARE option found on explorer - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on w2k - no SHARE option found on explorer - Microsoft Windows ; I'm just trying to set up a shared folder on a home peer-to peer networdk (only 2 pc's, w2k sp4). All the web help stuff mentions start explorer and click "Sharing" for the appropriate folder. But there is no such ...

  1. w2k - no SHARE option found on explorer

    I'm just trying to set up a shared folder on a home peer-to peer
    networdk (only 2 pc's, w2k sp4). All the web help stuff mentions start
    explorer and click "Sharing" for the appropriate folder. But there is
    no such option in the explorer window (at least I can't find one)! Is
    there a different explorer perhaps?

  2. Re: w2k - no SHARE option found on explorer

    dave writes:

    > I'm just trying to set up a shared folder on a home peer-to peer
    > networdk (only 2 pc's, w2k sp4). All the web help stuff mentions start
    > explorer and click "Sharing" for the appropriate folder. But there is
    > no such option in the explorer window (at least I can't find one)! Is
    > there a different explorer perhaps?

    Two things jog my memory:

    I think you've gotta turn on printer and file sharing first. Or add
    Microsoft Printer and File Sharing as a binding to the network card's
    properties, or some such.

    Then, once that's enabled, you'll see the sharing tab under
    RightMouse>Properties on the folder in question. Unlike XP, there's no
    Sharing and Security context menu item--it's under a tab in the
    properties dialog.

    Best Regards,
    --
    Todd H.