Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways! - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways! - Microsoft Windows ; "Mayor of R'lyeh" stated in post f1qjj3lrt9cv9duv4i6n3fdfgrski53ic9@4ax.com on 11/13/07 11:08 AM: >>> This is pretty much the same level of 'evidence' that Jim provides to >>> show that compuiters help in education. >> >> Can you point to his strong ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

  1. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    "Mayor of R'lyeh" stated in post
    f1qjj3lrt9cv9duv4i6n3fdfgrski53ic9@4ax.com on 11/13/07 11:08 AM:

    >>> This is pretty much the same level of 'evidence' that Jim provides to
    >>> show that compuiters help in education.

    >>
    >> Can you point to his strong support? I have not followed that conversation.

    > The point is that he has none.
    >
    >>
    >> On that topic, though, I have direct experience with computers helping in
    >> education - when used well. Most of the time they are not used well,
    >> though.

    >
    > Like I said before - If you're a teacher then I'm a Chinese abucus
    > repairman.


    You sure lie a lot.


    --
    "If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing."
    - Anatole France




  2. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:02:15 -0700, Snit
    wrote:

    >"Mayor of R'lyeh" stated in post
    >f1qjj3lrt9cv9duv4i6n3fdfgrski53ic9@4ax.com on 11/13/07 11:08 AM:
    >
    >>>> This is pretty much the same level of 'evidence' that Jim provides to
    >>>> show that compuiters help in education.
    >>>
    >>> Can you point to his strong support? I have not followed that conversation.

    >> The point is that he has none.
    >>
    >>>
    >>> On that topic, though, I have direct experience with computers helping in
    >>> education - when used well. Most of the time they are not used well,
    >>> though.

    >>
    >> Like I said before - If you're a teacher then I'm a Chinese abucus
    >> repairman.

    >
    >You sure lie a lot.


    I can't ever recall saying that you were honest, decent or worthwhile.



  3. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    "Mayor of R'lyeh" stated in post
    u4ujj3tl7ckr3duddolds21uf7pm3fljp8@4ax.com on 11/13/07 12:19 PM:

    > On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:02:15 -0700, Snit
    > wrote:
    >
    >> "Mayor of R'lyeh" stated in post
    >> f1qjj3lrt9cv9duv4i6n3fdfgrski53ic9@4ax.com on 11/13/07 11:08 AM:
    >>
    >>>>> This is pretty much the same level of 'evidence' that Jim provides to
    >>>>> show that compuiters help in education.
    >>>>
    >>>> Can you point to his strong support? I have not followed that
    >>>> conversation.
    >>> The point is that he has none.
    >>>
    >>>>
    >>>> On that topic, though, I have direct experience with computers helping in
    >>>> education - when used well. Most of the time they are not used well,
    >>>> though.
    >>>
    >>> Like I said before - If you're a teacher then I'm a Chinese abucus
    >>> repairman.

    >>
    >> You sure lie a lot.

    >
    > I can't ever recall saying that you were honest, decent or worthwhile.


    You made a silly claim where you said there is "zero support" for the idea
    that commercials are effective. I pointed you to support - which you just
    denied existed and then you started lying about me (denying I am a teacher).

    What is it with you trolls that when you lose an argument you start making
    personal insults and attacks? It is not like you are the only troll who
    does so, it is common in CSMA. Just sad.


    --
    God made me an atheist - who are you to question his authority?




  4. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 15:07:41 -0500, Mayor of R'lyeh
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:53:59 -0700, Snit
    >wrote:
    >
    >>"Mayor of R'lyeh" stated in post
    >>u4ujj3tl7ckr3duddolds21uf7pm3fljp8@4ax.com on 11/13/07 12:19 PM:
    >>
    >>> On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:02:15 -0700, Snit
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> "Mayor of R'lyeh" stated in post
    >>>> f1qjj3lrt9cv9duv4i6n3fdfgrski53ic9@4ax.com on 11/13/07 11:08 AM:
    >>>>
    >>>>>>> This is pretty much the same level of 'evidence' that Jim provides to
    >>>>>>> show that compuiters help in education.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Can you point to his strong support? I have not followed that
    >>>>>> conversation.
    >>>>> The point is that he has none.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> On that topic, though, I have direct experience with computers helping in
    >>>>>> education - when used well. Most of the time they are not used well,
    >>>>>> though.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Like I said before - If you're a teacher then I'm a Chinese abucus
    >>>>> repairman.
    >>>>
    >>>> You sure lie a lot.
    >>>
    >>> I can't ever recall saying that you were honest, decent or worthwhile.

    >>
    >>You made a silly claim where you said there is "zero support" for the idea
    >>that commercials are effective. I pointed you to support - which you just
    >>denied existed and then you started lying about me (denying I am a teacher).
    >>
    >>What is it with you trolls that when you lose an argument you start making
    >>personal insults and attacks? It is not like you are the only troll who
    >>does so, it is common in CSMA. Just sad.


    Go reread what you posted. Its full of 'There may be' and similar
    phrases that mean there's no real proof.



  5. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    "Mayor of R'lyeh" stated in post
    le1kj31pbpuv4m74aa5g6rjt3t0pm9esmc@4ax.com on 11/13/07 1:16 PM:

    > On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 15:07:41 -0500, Mayor of R'lyeh
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:53:59 -0700, Snit
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Mayor of R'lyeh" stated in post
    >>> u4ujj3tl7ckr3duddolds21uf7pm3fljp8@4ax.com on 11/13/07 12:19 PM:
    >>>
    >>>> On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:02:15 -0700, Snit
    >>>> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> "Mayor of R'lyeh" stated in post
    >>>>> f1qjj3lrt9cv9duv4i6n3fdfgrski53ic9@4ax.com on 11/13/07 11:08 AM:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>>>> This is pretty much the same level of 'evidence' that Jim provides to
    >>>>>>>> show that compuiters help in education.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Can you point to his strong support? I have not followed that
    >>>>>>> conversation.
    >>>>>> The point is that he has none.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> On that topic, though, I have direct experience with computers helping
    >>>>>>> in
    >>>>>>> education - when used well. Most of the time they are not used well,
    >>>>>>> though.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Like I said before - If you're a teacher then I'm a Chinese abucus
    >>>>>> repairman.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> You sure lie a lot.
    >>>>
    >>>> I can't ever recall saying that you were honest, decent or worthwhile.
    >>>
    >>> You made a silly claim where you said there is "zero support" for the idea
    >>> that commercials are effective. I pointed you to support - which you just
    >>> denied existed and then you started lying about me (denying I am a teacher).
    >>>
    >>> What is it with you trolls that when you lose an argument you start making
    >>> personal insults and attacks? It is not like you are the only troll who
    >>> does so, it is common in CSMA. Just sad.

    >
    > Go reread what you posted. Its full of 'There may be' and similar
    > phrases that mean there's no real proof.


    Which is not at all the same as saying there is "zero support". If you want
    to say there is not absolute proof that commercials, in general, have an
    influence you *might* be able to make such an argument (nothing in the
    physical world can be proved 100% in the way that logical and mathematical
    proofs can be). But to say there is "zero support" for the idea that
    commercials help sell product is just silly (which is not to say *all*
    commercials work!)



    --
    Picture of a tuna soda: http://snipurl.com/f351
    Feel free to ask for the recipe.




  6. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:26:11 -0700, Snit
    wrote:

    >"Mayor of R'lyeh" stated in post
    >le1kj31pbpuv4m74aa5g6rjt3t0pm9esmc@4ax.com on 11/13/07 1:16 PM:
    >
    >> On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 15:07:41 -0500, Mayor of R'lyeh
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:53:59 -0700, Snit
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> "Mayor of R'lyeh" stated in post
    >>>> u4ujj3tl7ckr3duddolds21uf7pm3fljp8@4ax.com on 11/13/07 12:19 PM:
    >>>>
    >>>>> On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:02:15 -0700, Snit
    >>>>> wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> "Mayor of R'lyeh" stated in post
    >>>>>> f1qjj3lrt9cv9duv4i6n3fdfgrski53ic9@4ax.com on 11/13/07 11:08 AM:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> This is pretty much the same level of 'evidence' that Jim provides to
    >>>>>>>>> show that compuiters help in education.
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> Can you point to his strong support? I have not followed that
    >>>>>>>> conversation.
    >>>>>>> The point is that he has none.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> On that topic, though, I have direct experience with computers helping
    >>>>>>>> in
    >>>>>>>> education - when used well. Most of the time they are not used well,
    >>>>>>>> though.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Like I said before - If you're a teacher then I'm a Chinese abucus
    >>>>>>> repairman.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> You sure lie a lot.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I can't ever recall saying that you were honest, decent or worthwhile.
    >>>>
    >>>> You made a silly claim where you said there is "zero support" for the idea
    >>>> that commercials are effective. I pointed you to support - which you just
    >>>> denied existed and then you started lying about me (denying I am a teacher).
    >>>>
    >>>> What is it with you trolls that when you lose an argument you start making
    >>>> personal insults and attacks? It is not like you are the only troll who
    >>>> does so, it is common in CSMA. Just sad.

    >>
    >> Go reread what you posted. Its full of 'There may be' and similar
    >> phrases that mean there's no real proof.

    >
    >Which is not at all the same as saying there is "zero support". If you want
    >to say there is not absolute proof that commercials, in general, have an
    >influence you *might* be able to make such an argument (nothing in the
    >physical world can be proved 100% in the way that logical and mathematical
    >proofs can be). But to say there is "zero support" for the idea that
    >commercials help sell product is just silly (which is not to say *all*
    >commercials work!)


    If there were actual support there would be no need for the weasel
    phrases.



  7. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    In article ,
    Mayor of R'lyeh wrote:

    > If there were actual support there would be no need for the weasel
    > phrases.


    Wintrolls know all about using weasel phrases. Isn't that right, Mayor?

    --
    Posted from my 1999 Apple G4 Sawtooth
    A 450 MHz G4 running OS X 10.4.8

  8. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    "Mayor of R'lyeh" stated in post
    nffkj39h9ummm8uu8vboum74l0u61k9a22@4ax.com on 11/13/07 5:14 PM:

    >>>>> What is it with you trolls that when you lose an argument you start making
    >>>>> personal insults and attacks? It is not like you are the only troll who
    >>>>> does so, it is common in CSMA. Just sad.
    >>>
    >>> Go reread what you posted. Its full of 'There may be' and similar
    >>> phrases that mean there's no real proof.

    >>
    >> Which is not at all the same as saying there is "zero support". If you want
    >> to say there is not absolute proof that commercials, in general, have an
    >> influence you *might* be able to make such an argument (nothing in the
    >> physical world can be proved 100% in the way that logical and mathematical
    >> proofs can be). But to say there is "zero support" for the idea that
    >> commercials help sell product is just silly (which is not to say *all*
    >> commercials work!)

    >
    > If there were actual support there would be no need for the weasel
    > phrases.


    My "weasel phrases" were to give *you* the benefit of the doubt. There
    really is no reasonable doubt that commercials influence consumers - the
    idea that there is "zero support" for that is laugable.


    --
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and
    conscientious stupidity. -- Martin Luther King, Jr.


  9. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 20:44:15 -0700, Snit
    wrote:

    >"Mayor of R'lyeh" stated in post
    >nffkj39h9ummm8uu8vboum74l0u61k9a22@4ax.com on 11/13/07 5:14 PM:
    >
    >>>>>> What is it with you trolls that when you lose an argument you start making
    >>>>>> personal insults and attacks? It is not like you are the only troll who
    >>>>>> does so, it is common in CSMA. Just sad.
    >>>>
    >>>> Go reread what you posted. Its full of 'There may be' and similar
    >>>> phrases that mean there's no real proof.
    >>>
    >>> Which is not at all the same as saying there is "zero support". If you want
    >>> to say there is not absolute proof that commercials, in general, have an
    >>> influence you *might* be able to make such an argument (nothing in the
    >>> physical world can be proved 100% in the way that logical and mathematical
    >>> proofs can be). But to say there is "zero support" for the idea that
    >>> commercials help sell product is just silly (which is not to say *all*
    >>> commercials work!)

    >>
    >> If there were actual support there would be no need for the weasel
    >> phrases.

    >
    >My "weasel phrases" were to give *you* the benefit of the doubt.


    They're not your weasal words. They're the studies'.

    > There really is no reasonable doubt that commercials influence consumers


    There's proof that they do.

    > - the
    >idea that there is "zero support" for that is laugable.


    Laugh all you want then. But I notice that you can't provide any
    support for the notion.




  10. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 20:43:32 -0600, "Jim Lee Jr."
    wrote:

    >In article ,
    > Mayor of R'lyeh wrote:
    >
    >> If there were actual support there would be no need for the weasel
    >> phrases.

    >
    >Wintrolls know all about using weasel phrases. Isn't that right, Mayor?


    We sure do. We see Maccies use them so much we can't help but be
    experts in noticing them.




  11. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!


    On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:53:59 -0700, Snit
    wrote:

    >"Mayor of R'lyeh" stated in post
    >u4ujj3tl7ckr3duddolds21uf7pm3fljp8@4ax.com on 11/13/07 12:19 PM:
    >
    >> On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:02:15 -0700, Snit
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Mayor of R'lyeh" stated in post
    >>> f1qjj3lrt9cv9duv4i6n3fdfgrski53ic9@4ax.com on 11/13/07 11:08 AM:
    >>>
    >>>>>> This is pretty much the same level of 'evidence' that Jim provides to
    >>>>>> show that compuiters help in education.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Can you point to his strong support? I have not followed that
    >>>>> conversation.
    >>>> The point is that he has none.
    >>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> On that topic, though, I have direct experience with computers helping in
    >>>>> education - when used well. Most of the time they are not used well,
    >>>>> though.
    >>>>
    >>>> Like I said before - If you're a teacher then I'm a Chinese abucus
    >>>> repairman.
    >>>
    >>> You sure lie a lot.

    >>
    >> I can't ever recall saying that you were honest, decent or worthwhile.

    >
    >You made a silly claim where you said there is "zero support" for the idea
    >that commercials are effective. I pointed you to support - which you just
    >denied existed


    Unlike you I actually read some of the links.

    >and then you started lying about me (denying I am a teacher).


    I've always been skeptical of your claims to be a teacher. From Day
    One. You demonstrate on a regular basis that you simply don't have the
    knowledge of the subject matters that you claim to teach to be one.

    >What is it with you trolls that when you lose an argument you start making
    >personal insults and attacks? It is not like you are the only troll who
    >does so, it is common in CSMA. Just sad.


    Your self-assessment is fair and honest.




  12. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    "Mayor of R'lyeh" stated in post
    gfamj3tv1gg5bit5utb5i7n21bvgf9vvpa@4ax.com on 11/14/07 10:03 AM:

    >
    > On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:53:59 -0700, Snit
    > wrote:
    >
    >> "Mayor of R'lyeh" stated in post
    >> u4ujj3tl7ckr3duddolds21uf7pm3fljp8@4ax.com on 11/13/07 12:19 PM:
    >>
    >>> On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:02:15 -0700, Snit
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> "Mayor of R'lyeh" stated in post
    >>>> f1qjj3lrt9cv9duv4i6n3fdfgrski53ic9@4ax.com on 11/13/07 11:08 AM:
    >>>>
    >>>>>>> This is pretty much the same level of 'evidence' that Jim provides to
    >>>>>>> show that compuiters help in education.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Can you point to his strong support? I have not followed that
    >>>>>> conversation.
    >>>>> The point is that he has none.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> On that topic, though, I have direct experience with computers helping in
    >>>>>> education - when used well. Most of the time they are not used well,
    >>>>>> though.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Like I said before - If you're a teacher then I'm a Chinese abucus
    >>>>> repairman.
    >>>>
    >>>> You sure lie a lot.
    >>>
    >>> I can't ever recall saying that you were honest, decent or worthwhile.

    >>
    >> You made a silly claim where you said there is "zero support" for the idea
    >> that commercials are effective. I pointed you to support - which you just
    >> denied existed

    >
    > Unlike you I actually read some of the links.
    >
    >> and then you started lying about me (denying I am a teacher).

    >
    > I've always been skeptical of your claims to be a teacher. From Day
    > One. You demonstrate on a regular basis that you simply don't have the
    > knowledge of the subject matters that you claim to teach to be one.
    >
    >> What is it with you trolls that when you lose an argument you start making
    >> personal insults and attacks? It is not like you are the only troll who
    >> does so, it is common in CSMA. Just sad.

    >
    > Your self-assessment is fair and honest.


    You made a claim - an absurd one - that there is "zero support" for the idea
    that commercials work. I showed research that proved otherwise - and you
    sank to personal attacks, insults, and open lies.


    --
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
    nothing. - Edmund Burke


  13. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    "Mayor of R'lyeh" stated in post
    h8amj3t7pf24afdjnamu5m5rm6fvbn2ss0@4ax.com on 11/14/07 10:00 AM:

    > On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 20:44:15 -0700, Snit
    > wrote:
    >
    >> "Mayor of R'lyeh" stated in post
    >> nffkj39h9ummm8uu8vboum74l0u61k9a22@4ax.com on 11/13/07 5:14 PM:
    >>
    >>>>>>> What is it with you trolls that when you lose an argument you start
    >>>>>>> making
    >>>>>>> personal insults and attacks? It is not like you are the only troll who
    >>>>>>> does so, it is common in CSMA. Just sad.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Go reread what you posted. Its full of 'There may be' and similar
    >>>>> phrases that mean there's no real proof.
    >>>>
    >>>> Which is not at all the same as saying there is "zero support". If you
    >>>> want
    >>>> to say there is not absolute proof that commercials, in general, have an
    >>>> influence you *might* be able to make such an argument (nothing in the
    >>>> physical world can be proved 100% in the way that logical and mathematical
    >>>> proofs can be). But to say there is "zero support" for the idea that
    >>>> commercials help sell product is just silly (which is not to say *all*
    >>>> commercials work!)
    >>>
    >>> If there were actual support there would be no need for the weasel
    >>> phrases.

    >>
    >> My "weasel phrases" were to give *you* the benefit of the doubt.

    >
    > They're not your weasal words. They're the studies'.
    >
    >> There really is no reasonable doubt that commercials influence consumers

    >
    > There's proof that they do.
    >
    >> - the
    >> idea that there is "zero support" for that is laugable.

    >
    > Laugh all you want then. But I notice that you can't provide any
    > support for the notion.


    You made a claim - an absurd one - that there is "zero support" for the idea
    that commercials work. I showed research that proved otherwise - and you
    sank to personal attacks, insults, and open lies.


    --
    I am one of only .3% of people who have avoided becoming a statistic.





  14. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    On Nov 14, 2007, Snit wrote:
    >>> What is it with you trolls that when you lose an argument you start
    >>> making personal insults and attacks? It is not like you are the only
    >>> troll who does so, it is common in CSMA. Just sad.

    >>
    >> Your self-assessment is fair and honest.


    Am I correct in postulating that 100% of those childish "self-assessment"
    retorts are made by the Windows crowd?


  15. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    "Tim Murray" stated in post
    95H_i.3586$K35.833@bignews5.bellsouth.net on 11/14/07 11:26 AM:

    > On Nov 14, 2007, Snit wrote:
    >>>> What is it with you trolls that when you lose an argument you start
    >>>> making personal insults and attacks? It is not like you are the only
    >>>> troll who does so, it is common in CSMA. Just sad.
    >>>
    >>> Your self-assessment is fair and honest.

    >
    > Am I correct in postulating that 100% of those childish "self-assessment"
    > retorts are made by the Windows crowd?
    >

    Likely... in the end here the facts are simple: he made a claim that was
    completely unsupportable (how there is "zero support" that ads worked). I
    pointed him to all sorts of scholarly research where the effects of ads have
    been studied - and he discounted it all and sank to insults and accusations.

    Whatever.


    --
    I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please
    everyone. -- Bill Cosby


  16. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 11:08:07 -0700, Snit
    wrote:

    >"Mayor of R'lyeh" stated in post
    >h8amj3t7pf24afdjnamu5m5rm6fvbn2ss0@4ax.com on 11/14/07 10:00 AM:
    >
    >> On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 20:44:15 -0700, Snit
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Mayor of R'lyeh" stated in post
    >>> nffkj39h9ummm8uu8vboum74l0u61k9a22@4ax.com on 11/13/07 5:14 PM:
    >>>
    >>>>>>>> What is it with you trolls that when you lose an argument you start
    >>>>>>>> making
    >>>>>>>> personal insults and attacks? It is not like you are the only troll who
    >>>>>>>> does so, it is common in CSMA. Just sad.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Go reread what you posted. Its full of 'There may be' and similar
    >>>>>> phrases that mean there's no real proof.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Which is not at all the same as saying there is "zero support". If you
    >>>>> want
    >>>>> to say there is not absolute proof that commercials, in general, have an
    >>>>> influence you *might* be able to make such an argument (nothing in the
    >>>>> physical world can be proved 100% in the way that logical and mathematical
    >>>>> proofs can be). But to say there is "zero support" for the idea that
    >>>>> commercials help sell product is just silly (which is not to say *all*
    >>>>> commercials work!)
    >>>>
    >>>> If there were actual support there would be no need for the weasel
    >>>> phrases.
    >>>
    >>> My "weasel phrases" were to give *you* the benefit of the doubt.

    >>
    >> They're not your weasal words. They're the studies'.
    >>
    >>> There really is no reasonable doubt that commercials influence consumers

    >>
    >> There's proof that they do.
    >>
    >>> - the
    >>> idea that there is "zero support" for that is laugable.

    >>
    >> Laugh all you want then. But I notice that you can't provide any
    >> support for the notion.

    >
    >You made a claim - an absurd one - that there is "zero support" for the idea
    >that commercials work. I showed research that proved otherwise


    Wrong. You showed research that was full of weasel words and proved
    nothing.

    > - and you sank to personal attacks, insults, and open lies.


    I responded in kind after you called me a liar when you could find no
    proof of your ridiculuos assertion.



  17. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 13:19:37 -0500, Mayor of R'lyeh
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 11:07:45 -0700, Snit
    >wrote:
    >
    >>"Mayor of R'lyeh" stated in post
    >>gfamj3tv1gg5bit5utb5i7n21bvgf9vvpa@4ax.com on 11/14/07 10:03 AM:
    >>
    >>>
    >>> On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:53:59 -0700, Snit
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> "Mayor of R'lyeh" stated in post
    >>>> u4ujj3tl7ckr3duddolds21uf7pm3fljp8@4ax.com on 11/13/07 12:19 PM:
    >>>>
    >>>>> On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:02:15 -0700, Snit
    >>>>> wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> "Mayor of R'lyeh" stated in post
    >>>>>> f1qjj3lrt9cv9duv4i6n3fdfgrski53ic9@4ax.com on 11/13/07 11:08 AM:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> This is pretty much the same level of 'evidence' that Jim provides to
    >>>>>>>>> show that compuiters help in education.
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> Can you point to his strong support? I have not followed that
    >>>>>>>> conversation.
    >>>>>>> The point is that he has none.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> On that topic, though, I have direct experience with computers helping in
    >>>>>>>> education - when used well. Most of the time they are not used well,
    >>>>>>>> though.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Like I said before - If you're a teacher then I'm a Chinese abucus
    >>>>>>> repairman.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> You sure lie a lot.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I can't ever recall saying that you were honest, decent or worthwhile.
    >>>>
    >>>> You made a silly claim where you said there is "zero support" for the idea
    >>>> that commercials are effective. I pointed you to support - which you just
    >>>> denied existed
    >>>
    >>> Unlike you I actually read some of the links.
    >>>
    >>>> and then you started lying about me (denying I am a teacher).
    >>>
    >>> I've always been skeptical of your claims to be a teacher. From Day
    >>> One. You demonstrate on a regular basis that you simply don't have the
    >>> knowledge of the subject matters that you claim to teach to be one.
    >>>
    >>>> What is it with you trolls that when you lose an argument you start making
    >>>> personal insults and attacks? It is not like you are the only troll who
    >>>> does so, it is common in CSMA. Just sad.
    >>>
    >>> Your self-assessment is fair and honest.

    >>

    >You made a claim - an absurd one - that there is "zero support" for the idea
    >that commercials work. I showed research that proved otherwise


    Wrong. You showed research that was full of weasel words and proved
    nothing.

    > - and you sank to personal attacks, insults, and open lies.


    I responded in kind after you called me a liar when you could find no
    proof of your ridiculuos assertion.


  18. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    "Mayor of R'lyeh" stated in post
    71lmj31f189910j829k04eolqa6ecl3a1s@4ax.com on 11/14/07 1:03 PM:

    >> You made a claim - an absurd one - that there is "zero support" for the idea
    >> that commercials work. I showed research that proved otherwise

    >
    > Wrong. You showed research that was full of weasel words and proved
    > nothing.


    Incorrect.

    >> - and you sank to personal attacks, insults, and open lies.

    >
    > I responded in kind after you called me a liar when you could find no
    > proof of your ridiculuos assertion.


    Incorrect.

    --
    BU__SH__




  19. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    In article ,
    Mayor of R'lyeh wrote:

    > On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:53:59 -0700, Snit
    > wrote:
    >
    > >"Mayor of R'lyeh" stated in post
    > >u4ujj3tl7ckr3duddolds21uf7pm3fljp8@4ax.com on 11/13/07 12:19 PM:
    > >
    > >> On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:02:15 -0700, Snit
    > >> wrote:
    > >>
    > >>> "Mayor of R'lyeh" stated in post
    > >>> f1qjj3lrt9cv9duv4i6n3fdfgrski53ic9@4ax.com on 11/13/07 11:08 AM:
    > >>>
    > >>>>>> This is pretty much the same level of 'evidence' that Jim provides to
    > >>>>>> show that compuiters help in education.
    > >>>>>
    > >>>>> Can you point to his strong support? I have not followed that
    > >>>>> conversation.
    > >>>> The point is that he has none.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>>
    > >>>>> On that topic, though, I have direct experience with computers helping
    > >>>>> in
    > >>>>> education - when used well. Most of the time they are not used well,
    > >>>>> though.
    > >>>>
    > >>>> Like I said before - If you're a teacher then I'm a Chinese abucus
    > >>>> repairman.
    > >>>
    > >>> You sure lie a lot.
    > >>
    > >> I can't ever recall saying that you were honest, decent or worthwhile.

    > >
    > >You made a silly claim where you said there is "zero support" for the idea
    > >that commercials are effective. I pointed you to support - which you just
    > >denied existed

    >
    > Unlike you I actually read some of the links.
    >
    > >and then you started lying about me (denying I am a teacher).

    >
    > I've always been skeptical of your claims to be a teacher. From Day
    > One. You demonstrate on a regular basis that you simply don't have the
    > knowledge of the subject matters that you claim to teach to be one.


    I've done substitute teaching for five year and I have seen both Mac and PC
    computers used both effectively and ineffectively. Sadly more often than
    not the software these computers run is badly written "educational"
    software or "educational" games. The schools seem to have this mentality
    that they can buy computers, put any kind of software on them, and the kids
    will become computer literate (sort of like whole language for computers)

    THe problem is that educators forget the computer is a TOOL and like any
    tool it can be misused.

  20. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 00:36:28 -0500, Mayor of R'lyeh
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 22:24:45 -0700, Bruce Grubb
    >wrote:
    >
    >>In article ,
    >> Mayor of R'lyeh wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:53:59 -0700, Snit
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> >"Mayor of R'lyeh" stated in post
    >>> >u4ujj3tl7ckr3duddolds21uf7pm3fljp8@4ax.com on 11/13/07 12:19 PM:
    >>> >
    >>> >> On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:02:15 -0700, Snit
    >>> >> wrote:
    >>> >>
    >>> >>> "Mayor of R'lyeh" stated in post
    >>> >>> f1qjj3lrt9cv9duv4i6n3fdfgrski53ic9@4ax.com on 11/13/07 11:08 AM:
    >>> >>>
    >>> >>>>>> This is pretty much the same level of 'evidence' that Jim provides to
    >>> >>>>>> show that compuiters help in education.
    >>> >>>>>
    >>> >>>>> Can you point to his strong support? I have not followed that
    >>> >>>>> conversation.
    >>> >>>> The point is that he has none.
    >>> >>>>
    >>> >>>>>
    >>> >>>>> On that topic, though, I have direct experience with computers helping
    >>> >>>>> in
    >>> >>>>> education - when used well. Most of the time they are not used well,
    >>> >>>>> though.
    >>> >>>>
    >>> >>>> Like I said before - If you're a teacher then I'm a Chinese abucus
    >>> >>>> repairman.
    >>> >>>
    >>> >>> You sure lie a lot.
    >>> >>
    >>> >> I can't ever recall saying that you were honest, decent or worthwhile.
    >>> >
    >>> >You made a silly claim where you said there is "zero support" for the idea
    >>> >that commercials are effective. I pointed you to support - which you just
    >>> >denied existed
    >>>
    >>> Unlike you I actually read some of the links.
    >>>
    >>> >and then you started lying about me (denying I am a teacher).
    >>>
    >>> I've always been skeptical of your claims to be a teacher. From Day
    >>> One. You demonstrate on a regular basis that you simply don't have the
    >>> knowledge of the subject matters that you claim to teach to be one.

    >>
    >>I've done substitute teaching for five year and I have seen both Mac and PC
    >>computers used both effectively and ineffectively. Sadly more often than
    >>not the software these computers run is badly written "educational"
    >>software or "educational" games. The schools seem to have this mentality
    >>that they can buy computers, put any kind of software on them, and the kids
    >>will become computer literate (sort of like whole language for computers)
    >>
    >>THe problem is that educators forget the computer is a TOOL and like any
    >>tool it can be misused.


    Toss another Snit sockpuppet onto the pile.



+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast