New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways! - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways! - Microsoft Windows ; 3 New Great Ads from Apple which are sure to put a smile on both Windows and Mac user's faces since they are SO TRUE. What a HOOT! Way to Go Apple! You'll be seeing them all over TV in ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

  1. New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    3 New Great Ads from Apple which are sure to put a smile on both Windows
    and Mac user's faces since they are SO TRUE.

    What a HOOT! Way to Go Apple!

    You'll be seeing them all over TV in the coming weeks...

    1) Podium
    2) BoxerBoxer
    3) PR LadyPR Lady

    http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/

    Enjoy!

    -

  2. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    Oxford wrote:
    > 3 New Great Ads from Apple which are sure to put a smile on both
    > Windows and Mac user's faces since they are SO TRUE.
    >
    > What a HOOT! Way to Go Apple!
    >
    > You'll be seeing them all over TV in the coming weeks...
    >
    > 1) Podium
    > 2) BoxerBoxer
    > 3) PR LadyPR Lady
    >
    > http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/
    >
    > Enjoy!
    >
    > -

    ROFL that's absolutely excellent advertising!

    I run Kustom Komputa which builds PCs and I'm thinking of recruiting the
    Apple Marketing Department formy sales drive.
    Fortunately I still sell a lot of my computers with XP installed on them -
    OK the latest range is the Vista Vinylite, true, but I'll sell it with XP
    installed...
    It doesn't run Leopard no. - Hey c'mon; Vista has boosted XP sales better
    than any advertising campaign ever has.

    At least one thing still holds true: There's no computer cuter than a Kustom
    computer!

    No we don't sell Macs...

  3. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    "Dr H@l0nf1r$" wrote:

    > > 1) Podium
    > > 2) BoxerBoxer
    > > 3) PR LadyPR Lady
    > >
    > > http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/
    > >
    > > Enjoy!
    > >
    > > -

    > ROFL that's absolutely excellent advertising!

    yep! it's some of the best they've ever done of this series...

    > I run Kustom Komputa which builds PCs and I'm thinking of recruiting the
    > Apple Marketing Department formy sales drive.

    > Fortunately I still sell a lot of my computers with XP installed on them -
    > OK the latest range is the Vista Vinylite, true, but I'll sell it with XP
    > installed...

    > It doesn't run Leopard no. - Hey c'mon; Vista has boosted XP sales better
    > than any advertising campaign ever has.

    > At least one thing still holds true: There's no computer cuter than a Kustom
    > computer!

    > No we don't sell Macs...

    You should, that's where the happy customers are!

    You can sign up for free to be a reseller of Macs.

    http://agents-private.apple.com/fmi/...come/index.xsl

    just so you know!

    -

  4. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    In article
    ,
    Oxford wrote:

    > 3 New Great Ads from Apple which are sure to put a smile on both Windows
    > and Mac user's faces since they are SO TRUE.
    >
    > What a HOOT! Way to Go Apple!
    >
    > You'll be seeing them all over TV in the coming weeks...

    Not me.

    > http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/

    Why would any normal person want to watch commercials on purpose?
    Commercials are those things you switch away from when they come on TV.

    Bob Campbell

  5. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    "Bob Campbell" wrote in message
    > In article
    > ,
    > Oxford wrote:
    >
    >> 3 New Great Ads from Apple which are sure to put a smile on both Windows
    >> and Mac user's faces since they are SO TRUE.
    >>
    >> What a HOOT! Way to Go Apple!
    >>
    >> You'll be seeing them all over TV in the coming weeks...

    > Not me.
    >
    >> http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/

    > Why would any normal person want to watch commercials on purpose?
    > Commercials are those things you switch away from when they come on TV.
    >
    > Bob Campbell

    Love my TIVO. Fast forward past all those annoying commercials.

  6. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    Bob Campbell wrote:

    > > 3 New Great Ads from Apple which are sure to put a smile on both Windows
    > > and Mac user's faces since they are SO TRUE.
    > >
    > > What a HOOT! Way to Go Apple!
    > >
    > > You'll be seeing them all over TV in the coming weeks...

    > Not me.

    So you don't watch TV? if so... go here!

    http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/

    It's such a wonderful set of Ads... Apple really outdid themselves on
    these...

    > > http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/

    > Why would any normal person want to watch commercials on purpose?
    > Commercials are those things you switch away from when they come on TV.

    Because they are funny? Because they are informative? Because it is a
    peek into the future?

    Bob, I know you are a confused person, but come on, have a little fun at
    the old school establishment! Apple is how everything is going to work
    over the next 80 years or so, so join in the FUN!

    -

  7. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    In article
    ,
    Oxford wrote:

    > Bob Campbell wrote:
    >
    > > > 3 New Great Ads from Apple which are sure to put a smile on both Windows
    > > > and Mac user's faces since they are SO TRUE.
    > > >
    > > > What a HOOT! Way to Go Apple!
    > > >
    > > > You'll be seeing them all over TV in the coming weeks...

    > > Not me.

    > So you don't watch TV? if so... go here!
    >
    > http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/

    No thanks. I don't watch commercials.

    I watch very little TV. When I do, I switch channels when commercials
    come on. Most people do.

    Bob Campbell

  8. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    "Oxford" stated in post
    colalovesosx-4230D6.09544912112007@m...inet.qwest.net on 11/12/07
    9:54 AM:

    > 3 New Great Ads from Apple which are sure to put a smile on both Windows
    > and Mac user's faces since they are SO TRUE.
    >
    > What a HOOT! Way to Go Apple!
    >
    > You'll be seeing them all over TV in the coming weeks...
    >
    > 1) Podium
    > 2) BoxerBoxer
    > 3) PR LadyPR Lady
    >
    > http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/

    I saw my first one last night - posted about them an hour or two later.

    --
    If A = B and B = C, then A = C, except where void or prohibited by law.
    Roy Santoro, Psycho Proverb Zone (http://snipurl.com/BurdenOfProof)

  9. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    Bill Yanaire wrote:
    > "Bob Campbell" wrote in message
    >> In article
    >> ,
    >> Oxford wrote:
    >>
    >>> 3 New Great Ads from Apple which are sure to put a smile on both Windows
    >>> and Mac user's faces since they are SO TRUE.
    >>>
    >>> What a HOOT! Way to Go Apple!
    >>>
    >>> You'll be seeing them all over TV in the coming weeks...

    >> Not me.
    >>
    >>> http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/

    >> Why would any normal person want to watch commercials on purpose?
    >> Commercials are those things you switch away from when they come on TV.
    >>
    >> Bob Campbell

    > Love my TIVO. Fast forward past all those annoying commercials.

    http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9584_22-6...ml?tag=nl.e019

    That's why I love my Linux DVR MythTV because I can fast forward through
    all of those annoying commercials AND it protects my privacy!

    --
    Priceless quotes in m.p.w.vista.general group:
    http://protectfreedom.tripod.com/kick.html

    "Fair use is not merely a nice concept--it is a federal law based on
    free speech rights under the First Amendment and is a cornerstone of the
    creativity and innovation that is a hallmark of this country. Consumer
    rights in the digital age are not frivolous."
    - Maura Corbett

  10. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    > 3 New Great Ads from Apple which are sure to put a smile on both
    > Windows and Mac user's faces since they are SO TRUE.
    >
    > What a HOOT! Way to Go Apple!
    >
    > You'll be seeing them all over TV in the coming weeks...
    >
    > 1) Podium
    > 2) BoxerBoxer
    > 3) PR LadyPR Lady
    >
    > http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/
    >
    > Enjoy!
    >
    > -
    >> ROFL that's absolutely excellent advertising!

    What would be interesting is to see a similar ad about Mac users who get the
    BSOD when upgrading to OX 10.5 and who choose to downgrade to 10.4; or about
    Time Machine deleting files; or about the firewall being disabled by
    default.

    As Steve jobs said "It just works [sort of]"

  11. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    CZ wrote:
    >> 3 New Great Ads from Apple which are sure to put a smile on both
    >> Windows and Mac user's faces since they are SO TRUE.
    >>
    >> What a HOOT! Way to Go Apple!
    >>
    >> You'll be seeing them all over TV in the coming weeks...
    >>
    >> 1) Podium
    >> 2) BoxerBoxer
    >> 3) PR LadyPR Lady
    >>
    >> http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/

    Wow they really blast Vista. I guess they
    really picked up on the amount of users that
    are having issues and turned it to their advantage.

  12. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    Jeanette wrote:

    > CZ wrote:
    > >> 3 New Great Ads from Apple which are sure to put a smile on both
    > >> Windows and Mac user's faces since they are SO TRUE.
    > >>
    > >> What a HOOT! Way to Go Apple!
    > >>
    > >> You'll be seeing them all over TV in the coming weeks...
    > >>
    > >> 1) Podium
    > >> 2) BoxerBoxer
    > >> 3) PR LadyPR Lady
    > >>
    > >> http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/
    > >>

    > Wow they really blast Vista. I guess they
    > really picked up on the amount of users that
    > are having issues and turned it to their advantage.

    yes, such clever wording and said in a teasing, but oh... so effective
    way... this one of the series will rank up there in my top 5.

    http://movies.apple.com/movies/us/ap...er_480x376.mov

    also fun is to check out the foreign versions:

    http://www.apple.com/uk/getamac/

    http://www.apple.com/de/getamac/

    http://www.apple.com/no/getamac/

    http://www.apple.com/se/getamac/

    http://www.apple.com/fr/getamac/

    etc, etc...

  13. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    On Nov 12, 2007, Bob Campbell wrote:
    > No thanks. I don't watch commercials.
    >
    > I watch very little TV. When I do, I switch channels when commercials
    > come on. Most people do.

    Actually they don't. Google the string "most people watch commercials"

  14. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    Oxford wrote:

    > 3 New Great Ads from Apple which are sure to put a smile on both
    > Windows and Mac user's faces since they are SO TRUE.
    >
    > What a HOOT! Way to Go Apple!

    Hmm ... coming into a group and presenting material which hints that
    the operating system we use and like might be crap is a kind of
    behavior that is frowned upon over at CSMA.

    > You'll be seeing them all over TV in the coming weeks...
    >
    > 1) Podium
    > 2) BoxerBoxer
    > 3) PR LadyPR Lady
    >
    > http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/
    >
    > Enjoy!
    >
    > -

    The Boxer one wasn't that great, but I suppose the other two made some
    interesting points. Some people *are* experiencing problems with
    Vista. Still, now that I've been running Vista Ultimate on my new PC
    for almost six months, I really don't see any reason in my case to go
    back to XP, since I'm mostly happy with how things are working (plus I
    really feel like it would be a downgrade, not an "upgrade").

  15. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    Hun? What would be interesting about that?

    BSOD is a Windows thing.

    > What would be interesting is to see a similar ad about Mac users who get the
    > BSOD when upgrading to OX 10.5 and who choose to downgrade to 10.4; or about
    > Time Machine deleting files; or about the firewall being disabled by
    > default.
    >
    > As Steve jobs said "It just works [sort of]"

  16. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    Snit wrote:

    > > So you've got nuthin'.

    > Well, other than tons of scholarly research... and common sense. LOL!

    "The Public Opinion Quarterly" Autumn 1965.

    "Journal of Marketing Research" 1993

    "Journal of Consumer Research" 1993

    and a whole host of other outdated documents.

    This is 2007, people ff through ads, edit them out, or chase play.

    Either way, television advertising revenue is in serious decline.

    --

    Immunity is better than innoculation.

    Peter

  17. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    "Jeanette" wrote in message
    > CZ wrote:
    >>> 3 New Great Ads from Apple which are sure to put a smile on both
    >>> Windows and Mac user's faces since they are SO TRUE.
    >>>
    >>> What a HOOT! Way to Go Apple!
    >>>
    >>> You'll be seeing them all over TV in the coming weeks...
    >>>
    >>> 1) Podium
    >>> 2) BoxerBoxer
    >>> 3) PR LadyPR Lady
    >>>
    >>> http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/
    >>>

    > Wow they really blast Vista. I guess they
    > really picked up on the amount of users that
    > are having issues and turned it to their advantage.

    They appear to be targeted at morons.
    I know that in the UK we have a low opinion of US TV (do they always have to
    have an idiot in a team to have to explain the plot to every five minutes?)
    but those Mac ads are an insult to everyone.

    I bet they never run them over here as they would be a laughingstock.

  18. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    "caver1" wrote in message

    > I remember serveral years ago when AnheuserBusch had to slow down because
    > the union stuck. They cut way back on their advertising. Their sales fell.
    > When the strike was over they resumed their advertising and stated that
    > they figured that it would take three months for the ads to get their
    > sales back up. Who wudda thunk that Bud needed advertising.

    What's bud?

  19. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    > Who wudda thunk that Bud needed
    > advertising.
    > caver1

    I would, as Budweiser sucks !

  20. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "caver1" wrote in message
    >

    > > I remember serveral years ago when AnheuserBusch had to slow down because
    > > the union stuck. They cut way back on their advertising. Their sales fell.
    > > When the strike was over they resumed their advertising and stated that
    > > they figured that it would take three months for the ads to get their
    > > sales back up. Who wudda thunk that Bud needed advertising.

    > What's bud?

    An alcoholic refreshment, I think...