New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways! - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways! - Microsoft Windows ; dennis@home wrote: > > > "caver1" wrote in message > news:OqDLO1bJIHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > > >> I remember serveral years ago when AnheuserBusch had to slow down >> because the union stuck. They cut way back on their advertising. Their >> sales ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 34 of 34

  1. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "caver1" wrote in message
    >

    >> I remember serveral years ago when AnheuserBusch had to slow down
    >> because the union stuck. They cut way back on their advertising. Their
    >> sales fell. When the strike was over they resumed their advertising
    >> and stated that they figured that it would take three months for the
    >> ads to get their sales back up. Who wudda thunk that Bud needed
    >> advertising.

    > What's bud?

    Sorry. Its an American beverage. Piss water that
    masquerades as beer.
    caver1

  2. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    wrote in message
    news:1194932710.022949.294240@e9g2000prf.googlegro ups.com...
    > Hun? What would be interesting about that?
    >
    > BSOD is a Windows thing.

    Have you been visiting a remote far away place? Leopard is now the BSOD
    King.

  3. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    Peter Hayes wrote:
    > dennis@home wrote:
    >
    >> "caver1" wrote in message
    >>

    >>> I remember serveral years ago when AnheuserBusch had to slow down because
    >>> the union stuck. They cut way back on their advertising. Their sales fell.
    >>> When the strike was over they resumed their advertising and stated that
    >>> they figured that it would take three months for the ads to get their
    >>> sales back up. Who wudda thunk that Bud needed advertising.

    >> What's bud?

    > An alcoholic refreshment, I think...

    True alcoholic. Refreshment? That's debatable.
    caver1

  4. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    caver1 wrote:

    > Sorry. Its an American beverage. Piss water that
    > masquerades as beer.

    actually it's a german recipe, named from a Czech town called Ceske
    Budejovice, known in Anheuser's native Germany as "Budweis.

    http://www.anheuser-busch.com/our_company/timeline.html

  5. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    "dennis@home" wrote:

    > I bet they never run them over here as they would be a laughingstock.

    they have run them in the UK for about a year and a half. there are even
    UK versions. very funny stuff -

    http://www.apple.com/uk/getamac/ads/

  6. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    In article ,
    none wrote:

    > caver1 wrote:
    >
    > > Sorry. Its an American beverage. Piss water that
    > > masquerades as beer.

    > actually it's a german recipe, named from a Czech town called Ceske
    > Budejovice, known in Anheuser's native Germany as "Budweis.
    >
    > http://www.anheuser-busch.com/our_company/timeline.html

    Actually, The real Budweiser bears no relation to the American version.
    Same name, totally different recipe.

    Bob Campbell

  7. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    In article ,
    Mayor of R'lyeh wrote:

    > >So you think companies spend... what... millions or maybe billions of
    > >dollars a year on commercials even though they have no reasonable
    > >expectation that they work. Seems... well... unlikely.

    > Still its true. Consider that what many consider the 'best' commercial
    > campaign ever - The California Raisins- saw a decrease in raisin sales
    > during its run.

    kinda like when microsoft used to run commercials for Vista

  8. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    "none" wrote in message
    > "dennis@home" wrote:
    >
    >> I bet they never run them over here as they would be a laughingstock.

    > they have run them in the UK for about a year and a half. there are even
    > UK versions. very funny stuff -
    >
    > http://www.apple.com/uk/getamac/ads/

    What do they run them on?
    I have never seen one.

    BTW did you not notice a difference between the UK ones and the USA ones?
    The UK ones only state facts, like MS office has been on Macs for years
    (even if it is an old one).

  9. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    "dennis@home" wrote:

    > > they have run them in the UK for about a year and a half. there are even
    > > UK versions. very funny stuff -
    > >
    > > http://www.apple.com/uk/getamac/ads/

    > What do they run them on?
    > I have never seen one.

    probably with audiences with high income, above average intelligence and
    desire quality products. they would only target those markets.

    > BTW did you not notice a difference between the UK ones and the USA ones?
    > The UK ones only state facts, like MS office has been on Macs for years
    > (even if it is an old one).

    well, MS Office started on the Mac, then was later ported to the PC.

    I like the UK MS Office one, but it probably has more to do with keeping
    MS happy in the states. Most people know MS is a criminal organization
    here, but in the UK they might not.

  10. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    "Peter Hayes" stated in post
    1i7ig39.rg4igl2lycu9N%notinuse2@btinternet.com on 11/13/07 3:01 AM:

    >>> So you've got nuthin'.

    >> Well, other than tons of scholarly research... and common sense. LOL!

    > "The Public Opinion Quarterly" Autumn 1965.
    >
    > "Journal of Marketing Research" 1993
    >
    > "Journal of Consumer Research" 1993
    >
    > and a whole host of other outdated documents.
    >
    > This is 2007, people ff through ads, edit them out, or chase play.
    >
    > Either way, television advertising revenue is in serious decline.

    You are assuming that in 2007 everyone records shows. That is simply not
    the case. But if you want newer research:

    Talks about things that reduce the effectiveness. Well, if there was *no*
    effectiveness it could not be reduced!

    <http://portal.uni-corvinus.hu/filead...kek/tarsadalom
    tudomanyi/mki/files/221/JARMar2006AdvertisingLikeability.pdf>

    Looks at the effects of "likability".

    "We find that advertising has a positive and statistically significant
    effect on expected revenues" ... though perhaps not as much of an effect as
    the advertisers wish.

    And on and on...

    --
    The answer to the water shortage is to dilute it.

  11. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    caver1 wrote:

    > Peter Hayes wrote:
    > > caver1 wrote:
    > >>
    > >> I remember serveral years ago when AnheuserBusch
    > >> had to slow down because the union stuck. They cut
    > >> way back on their advertising. Their sales fell.
    > >> When the strike was over they resumed their
    > >> advertising and stated that they figured that it
    > >> would take three months for the ads to get their
    > >> sales back up. Who wudda thunk that Bud needed
    > >> advertising.

    > > That was several years ago, technology has moved on.
    > >

    > Just because Tech has moved on doesn't mean human
    > wants desires and intelligence have.

    No, but ways of avoiding ads have.

    --

    Immunity is better than innoculation.

    Peter

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "caver1" wrote in message
    >

    >> I remember serveral years ago when AnheuserBusch had to slow down
    >> because the union stuck. They cut way back on their advertising. Their
    >> sales fell. When the strike was over they resumed their advertising
    >> and stated that they figured that it would take three months for the
    >> ads to get their sales back up. Who wudda thunk that Bud needed
    >> advertising.

    > What's bud?

    Future urine.

  13. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    none wrote:

    > "dennis@home" wrote:
    >
    > > I bet they never run them over here as they would be a laughingstock.

    > they have run them in the UK for about a year and a half. there are even
    > UK versions. very funny stuff -
    >
    > http://www.apple.com/uk/getamac/ads/

    No, they don't run in the UK, and never have. Or at least not on TV.
    They only run them in cinemas AFAIK. The only Mac ad they've run on UK
    TV since the ill fated "Fastest PC in the world" ad, is the banally
    tedious and substanceless spinning iMac ad.

    <http://movies.apple.com/movies/euro/...ple_solar_2007
    0820_r848-9cie07.mov>

    --
    This message was brought to you by Wayne Stuart - Have a nice day!

    Reasons why not to choose Macintosh...

  14. Re: New Apple Ads - Slams MS Vista in Funny Ways!

    In article
    ,
    Oxford wrote:

    > 3 New Great Ads from Apple which are sure to put a smile on both Windows
    > and Mac user's faces since they are SO TRUE.
    >
    > What a HOOT! Way to Go Apple!
    >
    > You'll be seeing them all over TV in the coming weeks...
    >
    > 1) Podium
    > 2) BoxerBoxer
    > 3) PR LadyPR Lady
    >
    > http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/
    >
    > Enjoy!
    >
    > -

    No, even better: Microsoft hitting themselves in the face.

    Have none of you seen Microsoft's Sync ads?
    Where they actually show people having trouble with that exact feature
    in real-world situations, and get egg on their faces?
    Then they show examples of people enjoying the same feature, provided
    by Microsoft? (irony hint: Microsoft is the King of software screw-ups
    and failures, freezes and sudden tech problems.)

    It would be absolutely amazing for anyone to see those commercials and
    _not_ think of the experiences they have routinely with Microsoft's
    other products. Yet here they are, trying to make it seem like the
    solution for that kind of problem is Microsoft and a new technology!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2