Hi,
~
I had two devices, a large one /dev/sda1 and a smaller /dev/sda2
occupying the last cylinders in the drive and doing some disk
maintenance on /dev/sda1
~
/dev/sda1 is an NTFS partition hosting Windows and /dev/sda2 appears
to be a VFAT one
~
I run /dev/sda1 through a number of checks and defrags and then using
qtparted I made /dev/sda1 smaller to make space for some ext3
partition, in which I haven't made a file system
~
As a test I ran Windows and after some fs checks it worked just fine
~
Now if I make an ext3 file system in the space I made between /dev/
sda1 and /dev/sda2 while the drive letter changed when I boot windows
again?
~
I fear that some maintenance scrypts using /dev/sda2 might not work
anymore
~
Any experience doing such things in the same way?
~
THanks
noforcexdistance