OS Restore backup without Ghost & Co.? - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on OS Restore backup without Ghost & Co.? - Microsoft Windows ; Hello, wondering how to turn back to a working OS (Win XP) installation including all (!) settings in case of failure, I noticed people recommend Norton Ghost or Acronis. Since they are both shareware, and I simply want a full ...

  1. OS Restore backup without Ghost & Co.?

    Hello,

    wondering how to turn back to a working OS (Win XP) installation
    including all (!) settings in case of failure, I noticed people
    recommend Norton Ghost or Acronis. Since they are both shareware, and
    I simply want a full backup of my C drive, which contains it all, I
    wonder: isn't this possible to achieve in a simple, and cheap :-),
    way, with simply completely burning the C content? Onto one DVD, which
    fits in my case. If so, can you tell me any good link with detailed
    description how to do that? (How to backup and restore; including the
    case if I need to install to a different machine)

    Thank you very much! Daniel

    PS of course, even better if you can tell some simple reliable good
    FREEware that would do that for me ... :-)

  2. Re: OS Restore backup without Ghost & Co.?

    http://www.easeus.com/disk-copy/index.htm
    --
    Regards , SPAJKY ®
    mail addr. @ my site @ http://www.spajky.vze.com