How to copy files with keeping the creation date? - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on How to copy files with keeping the creation date? - Microsoft Windows ; Hi, I now use xxcopy with the /TCC option, but it is a bit uncomfortable. Does anybody know a similar program with gui? Or a system extension for MS Win2000? Normally this OS doesn't keep the creation date when copying ...

  1. How to copy files with keeping the creation date?

    Hi,

    I now use xxcopy with the /TCC option, but it is a bit uncomfortable.
    Does anybody know a similar program with gui? Or a system extension for
    MS Win2000?
    Normally this OS doesn't keep the creation date when copying and
    substitutes it with the actual date on the destination drive and so my
    digital photos are only worth the half:-(
    Any help is appreciated very much.

    regards, Ludwig

  2. Re: How to copy files with keeping the creation date?

    Perhaps you should look at the date modified, which will not change when the file is copied.

    Ludwig Maetzke wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I now use xxcopy with the /TCC option, but it is a bit uncomfortable.
    > Does anybody know a similar program with gui? Or a system extension for
    > MS Win2000?
    > Normally this OS doesn't keep the creation date when copying and
    > substitutes it with the actual date on the destination drive and so my
    > digital photos are only worth the half:-(
    > Any help is appreciated very much.
    >
    > regards, Ludwig

+ Reply to Thread