DVD back-up, ripping, copying. etc. - Mandriva

This is a discussion on DVD back-up, ripping, copying. etc. - Mandriva ; Looking for software to clone DVD, rip them down to the hard drive, copy them, etc. Even "copy protected" ones. Would also like to burn DVDs from files created from ripping DVDs to the hard drive. I have found that ...

  1. DVD back-up, ripping, copying. etc.

    Looking for software to clone DVD, rip them down to the hard drive, copy
    them, etc. Even "copy protected" ones. Would also like to burn DVDs
    from files created from ripping DVDs to the hard drive.

    I have found that playback from a hard drive consistently appears more
    smooth.

    TIA,

    Bill

  2. Re: DVD back-up, ripping, copying. etc.

    On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 18:23:35 -0500, Peaceful Bill wrote:

    > Looking for software to clone DVD, rip them down to the hard drive, copy
    > them, etc. Even "copy protected" ones. Would also like to burn DVDs
    > from files created from ripping DVDs to the hard drive.

    Make sure you have the plf repositories setup for urpmi, and install dvdrip
    and subtitleripper.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins