Best text based newsgroup client - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Best text based newsgroup client - Mandriva ; Witch one is the best? I know only mutt, are there any others worth looking? High...

  1. Best text based newsgroup client

    Witch one is the best? I know only mutt, are there any others worth looking?

    High

  2. Re: Best text based newsgroup client

    Highlander wrote:
    > Witch one is the best? I know only mutt, are there any others worth looking?

    I have known some who liked slrn. Worth a look.

    Cheers!

    jim b.

    --
    UNIX is not user unfriendly; it merely
    expects users to be computer-friendly.

  3. Re: Best text based newsgroup client

    Highlander wrote:

    > Witch one is the best? I know only mutt, are there any others worth looking?

    Look at slrn.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

  4. Re: Best text based newsgroup client

    Highlander wrote:
    > Witch one is the best? I know only mutt, are there any others worth looking?
    >
    > High

    I've used Thunderbird for a long time. Got no complaints.

  5. Re: Best text based newsgroup client

    On 2008-11-09, Highlander wrote:

    > Witch one is the best? I know only mutt, are there any others worth looking?

    I'm not a witch, but I like slrn. Around 20 years ago, I
    think it was trn I used. Several years ago, when I came
    back to Usenet, a friend recommended slrn, and I haven't
    found a substantial reason to consider switching to anything
    else.

    --
    Robert Riches
    spamtrap42@verizon.net

  6. Re: Best text based newsgroup client

    On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 21:19:28 -0600, Peaceful Bill wrote:

    >> Witch one is the best? I know only mutt, are there any others worth
    >> looking?

    > I've used Thunderbird for a long time. Got no complaints.

    He was asking about "text based" clients, dimwit.

    The best is 'slrn'. Another which may be worth looking at is 'tin'.

    Ahhh. Just another Win-droid. Bugger off.

  7. Re: Best text based newsgroup client

    On 2008-11-09, Highlander wrote:

    > Witch one is the best? I know only mutt, are there any others worth looking?
    >
    > High

    slrn, Emacs/Gnus, tin, Alpine, trn

    Of those, slrn seems to be the most widely used (and is my preference).

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

  8. Re: Best text based newsgroup client

    Dan C wrote:
    > On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 21:19:28 -0600, Peaceful Bill wrote:
    >
    >>> Witch one is the best? I know only mutt, are there any others worth
    >>> looking?

    >> I've used Thunderbird for a long time. Got no complaints.

    > He was asking about "text based" clients, dimwit.
    >
    > The best is 'slrn'. Another which may be worth looking at is 'tin'.

    > Ahhh. Just another Win-droid. Bugger off.

    How's this, dh?

+ Reply to Thread