beagle - Mandriva

This is a discussion on beagle - Mandriva ; Has anyone figured out how to stop Kerry Beagle from running on 2009? thanx pt...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: beagle

  1. beagle

    Has anyone figured out how to stop Kerry Beagle from running on 2009?

    thanx
    pt


  2. Re: beagle

    Paul Tarvydas wrote:
    > Has anyone figured out how to stop Kerry Beagle from running on 2009?


    Neither kerry nor beagle are default installed on my 2009.1 One. Which
    2009 are you running?

    If they are/ it is, it seems that you could gui remove them/it with
    rpmdrake.

    Where I'm reading, it seems that most people like the search daemon.



    --
    Mike Easter


  3. Re: beagle

    On 2008-11-08, Mike Easter wrote:
    > Paul Tarvydas wrote:
    >> Has anyone figured out how to stop Kerry Beagle from running on 2009?

    >
    > Neither kerry nor beagle are default installed on my 2009.1 One. Which

    ^^^^^^
    > 2009 are you running?
    >
    > If they are/ it is, it seems that you could gui remove them/it with
    > rpmdrake.
    >
    > Where I'm reading, it seems that most people like the search daemon.


    I would guess you mean 2009.0 One.

    Otherwise, may I borrow your time machine for a little
    while? :-)

    --
    Robert Riches
    spamtrap42@verizon.net
    (Yes, that is one of my email addresses.)

  4. Re: beagle

    Robert Riches wrote:
    > Mike Easter


    >> Neither kerry nor beagle are default installed on my 2009.1 One.


    > I would guess you mean 2009.0 One.


    I originally installed 2009 RC1 and then I continued to update it as
    updates became available. Currently my Mandriva Linux Control Center
    calls itself 2009.1 in the title bar, and the About sez 'Mandriva Linux
    2009.1 (One) Control Center.

    > Otherwise, may I borrow your time machine for a little
    > while? :-)


    I see that the currently available 2009 One .iso/s are called 2009.0 - so
    I suppose the install starts with .0 and then the updates bring it to .1



    --
    Mike Easter


  5. Re: beagle

    on Sunday 09 November 2008 03:21
    in the Usenet newsgroup alt.os.linux.mandriva
    Paul Tarvydas wrote:

    > Has anyone figured out how to stop Kerry Beagle from running on 2009?


    "urpme kerry" should stop it.


    --
    sig goes here...
    Peter D.

  6. Re: beagle

    On 2008-11-08, Mike Easter wrote:
    > Robert Riches wrote:
    >> Mike Easter

    >
    >>> Neither kerry nor beagle are default installed on my 2009.1 One.

    >
    >> I would guess you mean 2009.0 One.

    >
    > I originally installed 2009 RC1 and then I continued to update it as
    > updates became available. Currently my Mandriva Linux Control Center
    > calls itself 2009.1 in the title bar, and the About sez 'Mandriva Linux
    > 2009.1 (One) Control Center.
    >
    >> Otherwise, may I borrow your time machine for a little
    >> while? :-)

    >
    > I see that the currently available 2009 One .iso/s are called 2009.0 - so
    > I suppose the install starts with .0 and then the updates bring it to .1


    Actually, unless Mandriva has changed their naming
    convention yet again without publicizing it, 2009.1 won't be
    released until about four or five months from now. I
    suspect there's a bug in the title bar. I think I saw
    mention of it somewhere.

    --
    Robert Riches
    spamtrap42@verizon.net
    (Yes, that is one of my email addresses.)

  7. Re: beagle

    Mike Easter wrote:

    > Robert Riches wrote:
    >> Mike Easter

    >
    >>> Neither kerry nor beagle are default installed on my 2009.1 One.

    >
    >> I would guess you mean 2009.0 One.

    >
    > I originally installed 2009 RC1 and then I continued to update it as
    > updates became available. Currently my Mandriva Linux Control Center
    > calls itself 2009.1 in the title bar, and the About sez 'Mandriva Linux
    > 2009.1 (One) Control Center.
    >
    >> Otherwise, may I borrow your time machine for a little
    >> while? :-)

    >
    > I see that the currently available 2009 One .iso/s are called 2009.0 - so
    > I suppose the install starts with .0 and then the updates bring it to .1
    >
    >
    >

    You are running cooker:

    http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Developm...to/Participate

    Jim

  8. Re: beagle

    James Kerr wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:


    >> I originally installed 2009 RC1 and then I continued to update it as
    >> updates became available. Currently my Mandriva Linux Control Center
    >> calls itself 2009.1 in the title bar, and the About sez 'Mandriva Linux
    >> 2009.1 (One) Control Center.


    > You are running cooker:
    >
    > http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Developm...to/Participate


    "There are many ways in which one can participate in the Cooker project.
    The most common way is to install one of the ISO releases during the beta
    test cycle,"

    Ah. So. Thanks.


    --
    Mike Easter


  9. Re: beagle

    Peter D. wrote:

    > on Sunday 09 November 2008 03:21
    > in the Usenet newsgroup alt.os.linux.mandriva
    > Paul Tarvydas wrote:
    >
    >> Has anyone figured out how to stop Kerry Beagle from running on 2009?

    >
    > "urpme kerry" should stop it.


    urpme beagle

    worked (I think), thanks
    pt


+ Reply to Thread