Start-up sound with 2009.0 - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Start-up sound with 2009.0 - Mandriva ; I've only just noticed (shows how much attention I pay!) that since upgrading to 2009.0 there appears to be no 'start-up' or 'shut-down' sound. Have these 'features' been removed in this version? If not, what's the best way to diagnose ...

  1. Start-up sound with 2009.0

    I've only just noticed (shows how much attention I pay!) that since
    upgrading to 2009.0 there appears to be no 'start-up' or 'shut-down' sound.

    Have these 'features' been removed in this version? If not, what's the
    best way to diagnose what is going wrong here?

    Thx.

  2. Re: Start-up sound with 2009.0

    Keith wrote:

    > I've only just noticed (shows how much attention I pay!) that since
    > upgrading to 2009.0 there appears to be no 'start-up' or 'shut-down'
    > sound.
    >
    > Have these 'features' been removed in this version? If not, what's the
    > best way to diagnose what is going wrong here?
    >
    > Thx.

    It's normal, there's no sound at startup in IceWM.

  3. Re: Start-up sound with 2009.0

    Keith wrote:
    > I've only just noticed (shows how much attention I pay!) that since
    > upgrading to 2009.0 there appears to be no 'start-up' or 'shut-down' sound.
    >
    > Have these 'features' been removed in this version? If not, what's the
    > best way to diagnose what is going wrong here?
    >
    > Thx.

    I have start-up sound with 2009.0 Gnome 2.24 (installed from One).
    Don't feel like rebooting to see if there is a shutdown sound.

    Is there any sound? Have you checked your drivers?

  4. Re: Start-up sound with 2009.0

    Peaceful Bill wrote:
    > Keith wrote:
    >> I've only just noticed (shows how much attention I pay!) that since
    >> upgrading to 2009.0 there appears to be no 'start-up' or 'shut-down'
    >> sound.
    >>
    >> Have these 'features' been removed in this version? If not, what's the
    >> best way to diagnose what is going wrong here?

    > I have start-up sound with 2009.0 Gnome 2.24 (installed from One). Don't
    > feel like rebooting to see if there is a shutdown sound.
    >
    > Is there any sound? Have you checked your drivers?

    Sound is working fine other than as described, and I'm currently using
    KDE 3.x. As for configuring the sound, I'm not sure how to start - as I
    said, this just worked out of the box on all previous versions that I
    have tried.

  5. Re: Start-up sound with 2009.0

    On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 06:42:15 -0500, Keith wrote:

    > Sound is working fine other than as described, and I'm currently using
    > KDE 3.x. As for configuring the sound, I'm not sure how to start - as I

    Run kcontrol, select Sound & Multimedia/System Notifications. Under the
    quick controls, select the Apply to all aplications, then click on turn on
    all.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins