KDE4 mouse click - Mandriva

This is a discussion on KDE4 mouse click - Mandriva ; I am used to using a single click interface on KDE3.x.x. I am experimenting with KDE4 on a laptop before I put it on my main computer. I have tried to change it in kcontrol and redid kpersonalizer. However, I ...

  1. KDE4 mouse click

    I am used to using a single click interface on KDE3.x.x. I am experimenting
    with KDE4 on a laptop before I put it on my main computer. I have tried to
    change it in kcontrol and redid kpersonalizer. However, I can not get my
    desktop icons to react to a single click. Is there a new way to do this or
    has it been disabled to be more like Windows? So far I am not impressed
    with KDE4, and really hate that future upgrades to Mandriva will not have a
    KDE3 ability. Change is hard!

  2. Re: KDE4 mouse click

    Jarrod McCandless wrote:

    > I am used to using a single click interface on KDE3.x.x. I am
    > experimenting with KDE4 on a laptop before I put it on my main computer. I
    > have tried to change it in kcontrol and redid kpersonalizer. However, I
    > can not get my desktop icons to react to a single click. Is there a new
    > way to do this or has it been disabled to be more like Windows? So far I
    > am not impressed with KDE4, and really hate that future upgrades to
    > Mandriva will not have a KDE3 ability. Change is hard!

    Nevermind, found another setting I had missed previously

  3. Re: KDE4 mouse click

    Jarrod McCandless wrote:
    > Jarrod McCandless wrote:
    >
    >> I am used to using a single click interface on KDE3.x.x. I am
    >> experimenting with KDE4 on a laptop before I put it on my main computer. I
    >> have tried to change it in kcontrol and redid kpersonalizer. However, I
    >> can not get my desktop icons to react to a single click. Is there a new
    >> way to do this or has it been disabled to be more like Windows? So far I
    >> am not impressed with KDE4, and really hate that future upgrades to
    >> Mandriva will not have a KDE3 ability. Change is hard!

    > Nevermind, found another setting I had missed previously

    I am trying to do the same but in KDE 3 on Mandriva 2008.1.

    I hate the double click and would like the icons set up as "links" (to
    use the Windows terminology) where I can just single click on any icons
    to start programs.

    Where is the setting for that? Haven't found out yet.

  4. Re: KDE4 mouse click

    stef wrote:

    > Jarrod McCandless wrote:
    >> Jarrod McCandless wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am used to using a single click interface on KDE3.x.x. I am
    >>> experimenting with KDE4 on a laptop before I put it on my main computer.
    >>> I have tried to change it in kcontrol and redid kpersonalizer. However,
    >>> I can not get my desktop icons to react to a single click. Is there a
    >>> new way to do this or has it been disabled to be more like Windows? So
    >>> far I am not impressed with KDE4, and really hate that future upgrades
    >>> to Mandriva will not have a KDE3 ability. Change is hard!

    >> Nevermind, found another setting I had missed previously

    > I am trying to do the same but in KDE 3 on Mandriva 2008.1.
    >
    > I hate the double click and would like the icons set up as "links" (to
    > use the Windows terminology) where I can just single click on any icons
    > to start programs.
    >
    > Where is the setting for that? Haven't found out yet.

    If I remember correctly, on Mandriva 2008.1 (KDE3)
    Menu, tools, Control centre, periferals, mouse......
    On KDE4:
    On the bottom panel: Configure Your Desktop,
    Computer Administration, Keyboard & Mouse,
    Mouse ......Single click
    Hope this assists
    Rgds
    Edward
    Registered linux User No. 224802

  5. Re: KDE4 mouse click

    egh wrote:

    > stef wrote:
    >
    >> Jarrod McCandless wrote:

    >>> Nevermind, found another setting I had missed previously

    >> I am trying to do the same but in KDE 3 on Mandriva 2008.1.
    >>
    >> I hate the double click and would like the icons set up as "links" (to
    >> use the Windows terminology) where I can just single click on any icons
    >> to start programs.
    >>
    >> Where is the setting for that? Haven't found out yet.

    > If I remember correctly, on Mandriva 2008.1 (KDE3)
    > Menu, tools, Control centre, periferals, mouse......
    > On KDE4:
    > On the bottom panel: Configure Your Desktop,
    > Computer Administration, Keyboard & Mouse,
    > Mouse ......Single click
    > Hope this assists
    > Rgds
    > Edward
    > Registered linux User No. 224802

    So _that's_ where it was hidden. I am running 2009 with KDE3, and there was
    no menu item for Control Center. I eventually found it via some roundabout
    path. Plainly having KDE4 changes things. In my case, every mouse click
    plays a different tune. That is what I wanted to turn off.

    Doug,
    Registered Linux User - and grumpy old man.
    --
    Love is not love
    Which alters when it alteration finds

  6. Re: KDE4 mouse click

    egh wrote:
    > stef wrote:
    >
    > If I remember correctly, on Mandriva 2008.1 (KDE3)
    > Menu, tools, KDE Control centre, periferals, mouse......

    Beautiful.........

  7. Re: KDE4 mouse click

    On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 23:05:10 +1100, Doug Laidlaw wrote:

    > I am running 2009 with KDE3, and there was
    > no menu item for Control Center.

    No, but you can create a desktop icon via right click on desktop and
    select Create New --> Link to Application, enter "kcontrol' as
    Command in the Application tab.
    (To get Control Centre icon, go to General tab and click on default
    icon to see list of available icons.)

    --
    /\/\aurice