ivtv and 2.22.19 kernel - Mandriva

This is a discussion on ivtv and 2.22.19 kernel - Mandriva ; I've been wrestling with trying to get MythTV working again on my PC after a hard drive upgrade / reinstall. I had it working in a previous kernel version but with 2.22.19, I keep getting the error message ivtv: Unknown ...

  1. ivtv and 2.22.19 kernel

    I've been wrestling with trying to get MythTV working again on my PC
    after a hard drive upgrade / reinstall. I had it working in a previous
    kernel version but with 2.22.19, I keep getting the error message
    ivtv: Unknown symbol tveeprom_read
    ivtv: Unknown symbol tveeprom_hauppauge_analog

    I've searched for weeks to find a resolution to this and the closest I've
    found is a suggestion to upgrade / recompile the v4l linux drivers for
    the new kernel but I haven't found effective instructions on how to do
    that. Could someone possibly tell me what I need to do?

  2. Re: ivtv and 2.22.19 kernel

    InTheDark wrote:

    > I've been wrestling with trying to get MythTV working again on my PC
    > after a hard drive upgrade / reinstall. I had it working in a previous
    > kernel version but with 2.22.19, I keep getting the error message
    > ivtv: Unknown symbol tveeprom_read
    > ivtv: Unknown symbol tveeprom_hauppauge_analog

    No mythtv guru, I rather use vdr, but for dvb-s/t, not analog which is about
    to die anyway ...
    Your distribution seems to be seriously outdated, with that ancient kernel.
    You probably woh't find a mythtv version ancient enough to work with that
    one.

    If you are running something like Man_drake_ 8 or 9 .... time for starting
    over!

+ Reply to Thread