2009 and mdkapplet - Mandriva

This is a discussion on 2009 and mdkapplet - Mandriva ; In previous versions of Mandriva the update icon stayed in the tray, showing as a green check mark when there were no new updates, and a red exclamation mark when there were updates. Now I get the red icon when ...

  1. 2009 and mdkapplet

    In previous versions of Mandriva the update icon stayed in the tray,
    showing as a green check mark when there were no new updates, and a red
    exclamation mark when there were updates. Now I get the red icon when
    updates are available but no others. Is it like this on everyone's 2009
    install? (KDE 3.5.10 - I got rid of KDE4 following direction I found
    here.) If not, how can I restore it?
    --
    "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
    ¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·-> freemont© <-·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯

  2. Re: 2009 and mdkapplet

    On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 20:25:35 +0000, freemont wrote:
    > In previous versions of Mandriva the update icon stayed in the tray,
    > showing as a green check mark when there were no new updates, and a red
    > exclamation mark when there were updates. Now I get the red icon when
    > updates are available but no others. Is it like this on everyone's 2009
    > install? (KDE 3.5.10 - I got rid of KDE4 following direction I found
    > here.) If not, how can I restore it?

    Hmmm, I thought that was normal for 2008.1 let alone 2009.0

  3. Re: 2009 and mdkapplet

    On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 20:27:15 +0000, Bit Twister writ:

    > On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 20:25:35 +0000, freemont wrote:
    >> In previous versions of Mandriva the update icon stayed in the tray,
    >> showing as a green check mark when there were no new updates, and a red
    >> exclamation mark when there were updates. Now I get the red icon when
    >> updates are available but no others. Is it like this on everyone's 2009
    >> install? (KDE 3.5.10 - I got rid of KDE4 following direction I found
    >> here.) If not, how can I restore it?

    > Hmmm, I thought that was normal for 2008.1 let alone 2009.0

    Before I upgraded, it showed three different icons: the two I mentioned,
    and a third that was orange with a yellow mark, that when hovered said it
    was checking packages. Now, nothing shows until there's an update ready.
    --
    "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"

  4. Re: 2009 and mdkapplet

    On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 16:36:59 -0400, freemont wrote:

    > Before I upgraded, it showed three different icons: the two I mentioned,
    > and a third that was orange with a yellow mark, that when hovered said it
    > was checking packages. Now, nothing shows until there's an update ready.

    It's an intentional change.

    I don't see it in the changelog, but do remember it being mentioned in the
    changes listed in the security advisory.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins