EXT4 on Mdv 2009.0 - Mandriva

This is a discussion on EXT4 on Mdv 2009.0 - Mandriva ; Is Mandriva 2009.0 supposed to support the ext4 filesystem type? Setting up a huge new disk drive today to hold mainly video files, I tried to configure it as ext4. I was able to create the filesystem using mke2fs, and ...

  1. EXT4 on Mdv 2009.0

    Is Mandriva 2009.0 supposed to support the ext4 filesystem type?

    Setting up a huge new disk drive today to hold mainly video files, I tried
    to configure it as ext4. I was able to create the filesystem using
    mke2fs, and tune2fs correctly reported the filesystem parameters, but
    when I tried to mount the drive I got "mount: unknown filesystem
    type 'ext4'".

    Looking in the kernel modules tree there is no ext4 driver, just an
    ext4dev. I don't want to use a developmental filesystem on this drive so
    I went back to ext3.
    --
    Dave

  2. Re: EXT4 on Mdv 2009.0

    On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 12:10:27 +0000, Dave Pickles wrote:

    > Is Mandriva 2009.0 supposed to support the ext4 filesystem type?
    >
    > Setting up a huge new disk drive today to hold mainly video files, I tried
    > to configure it as ext4. I was able to create the filesystem using
    > mke2fs, and tune2fs correctly reported the filesystem parameters, but
    > when I tried to mount the drive I got "mount: unknown filesystem
    > type 'ext4'".
    >
    > Looking in the kernel modules tree there is no ext4 driver, just an
    > ext4dev. I don't want to use a developmental filesystem on this drive so
    > I went back to ext3.

    I'm sure there are others, but Debian is the only main distro I've
    seen ext4 included with.
    --
    Patrick...at
    Latitude:40.48*