FYI: VirtualBox 2.0.4 released - Mandriva

This is a discussion on FYI: VirtualBox 2.0.4 released - Mandriva ; Just an FYI New Oct 24, 2008 VirtualBox 2.0.4 released! Sun today released VirtualBox 2.0.4, a maintenance release. See the ChangeLog for a list of changes since VirtualBox 2.0.2. http://www.virtualbox.org/...

  1. FYI: VirtualBox 2.0.4 released

    Just an FYI

    New Oct 24, 2008
    VirtualBox 2.0.4 released!
    Sun today released VirtualBox 2.0.4, a maintenance release. See the
    ChangeLog for a list of changes since VirtualBox 2.0.2.

    http://www.virtualbox.org/

  2. Re: FYI: VirtualBox 2.0.4 released

    Bit Twister wrote

    > Just an FYI
    >
    > New Oct 24, 2008
    > VirtualBox 2.0.4 released!
    > Sun today released VirtualBox 2.0.4, a maintenance release. See the
    > ChangeLog for a list of changes since VirtualBox 2.0.2.
    >
    > http://www.virtualbox.org/

    Mister Twister,
    Do you recommend the rpm (listed for 2008.0) or the "OSE" tarball?

    Thanks, Harvie

  3. Re: FYI: VirtualBox 2.0.4 released

    On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 16:30:01 -0400, Harvie Powis wrote:

    >> http://www.virtualbox.org/

    > Mister Twister,
    > Do you recommend the rpm (listed for 2008.0) or the "OSE" tarball?

    I pulled down the 2008 Mandriva rpm. Install went without problems.
    Tested on two guest machines. Appears to work for me.

    $ cat /etc/release

  4. Re: FYI: VirtualBox 2.0.4 released

    Harvie Powis wrote:
    > Bit Twister wrote
    >

    >> Just an FYI
    >>
    >> New Oct 24, 2008
    >> VirtualBox 2.0.4 released!
    >> Sun today released VirtualBox 2.0.4, a maintenance release. See the
    >> ChangeLog for a list of changes since VirtualBox 2.0.2.
    >>
    >> http://www.virtualbox.org/

    > Mister Twister,
    > Do you recommend the rpm (listed for 2008.0) or the "OSE" tarball?
    >
    > Thanks, Harvie

    Well - my name ain't Twister, but I can give an answer
    also if permitted ;-).

    You can install both as they both install perfectly under
    Mandriva 2008, 2008.1 and 2009.

    The coice has more to do with your needs. If you only want a
    totally open source solution, you can install the OSE (Open
    Source Edition) version from the Command Center.

    If you -however- need things like USB connection, Remote
    Display Protocol (RDP) server, USB over RDP, Serial ATA
    controller, iSCSI initiator, Gigabit Ethernet Controller
    emulation or Web Services then you have to download and use
    the closed source version.

    John.

+ Reply to Thread