LEAP wireless authentication ??? - Mandriva

This is a discussion on LEAP wireless authentication ??? - Mandriva ; I have two dual boot laptops from work, where LEAP authentication is required for all wireless network connections. One laptop has a Cisco 350 Aironet card, and the other has an Atheros AR5212/AR5213 built-in tranceiver. Both laptops work fine in ...

  1. LEAP wireless authentication ???

    I have two dual boot laptops from work, where LEAP authentication
    is required for all wireless network connections. One laptop
    has a Cisco 350 Aironet card, and the other has an Atheros
    AR5212/AR5213 built-in tranceiver. Both laptops work fine in
    Windows XP. I'd like to get either or both working for Linux.
    Right now I'm running Mandriva 2008.0 on one laptop and Mandriva
    2008.1 on the other. Both are functional over wireless at home.
    Neither are functional at work using LEAP on the wireless.

    How should I go about getting LEAP to work on these laptops?

    Thanks....

  2. Re: LEAP wireless authentication ???

    On 2008-10-31, Kevin the Drummer wrote:
    > I have two dual boot laptops from work, where LEAP authentication
    > is required for all wireless network connections. One laptop
    > has a Cisco 350 Aironet card, and the other has an Atheros
    > AR5212/AR5213 built-in tranceiver. Both laptops work fine in
    > Windows XP. I'd like to get either or both working for Linux.
    > Right now I'm running Mandriva 2008.0 on one laptop and Mandriva
    > 2008.1 on the other. Both are functional over wireless at home.
    > Neither are functional at work using LEAP on the wireless.
    >
    > How should I go about getting LEAP to work on these laptops?
    >
    > Thanks....

    I've never encountered a LEAP network, so I can't offer any advice from
    experience, but the file /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf appears to have an
    example configuration for using it. It seems to be proprietary Cisco
    version of WEP, whereby the client gets allocated a new key each time it
    successfully authenticates
    .

    --
    -- Whiskers